If late to FFC Vibrant Party - new place to buy

Search This thread

Rahhstah

Jan 2, 2011
Loveland
I've been wanting to get a FFC for a while now, but I'm running ICS passion, and if ffc doesn't work with it, then it is pointless...

The ICS Pasion thread state it does work, and they have the face unlock part - but the issue is the FFC cams we have are lower image quality than on newer ICS based phones so face unlock isn't as good.

I have a FFC in my Vibrant, I rarely use it now that I have the Power Button mod to take pictures with the better rear cam. (I'm using Tard 2.1 Rom - based off Bionix)

pbcal

Sep 22, 2010
I have used one camera shipped from China. The front camera worked well, but the back camera was having issues with red lines in low light. Due to this problem I had to go back to my stock camera.

Does anyone know the ver 2 camera has the same issue with the back camera?

denn1812

Feb 15, 2012
I bought here ebay.com/itm/110794337211?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1784wt_1185
and then installed and i had banding which means it's fake(((going to send it back..
I believe this seller is same as wholesalegadgetparts.com
so dont buy here.
So what about parts4repair? have anyone bought yet? or where else should i buy? thanks

jrafael

Dec 4, 2009
London
I have used one camera shipped from China. The front camera worked well, but the back camera was having issues with red lines in low light. Due to this problem I had to go back to my stock camera.

Does anyone know the ver 2 camera has the same issue with the back camera?

but the back camera was having issues with red lines in low light.

That's "banding", it means you have a rev 1 cam, "true" rev 2 cams are as sharp as the original vibrant camera.

Your only source for real rev 2 cameras is mobiletechvideos, all those "rev 2" cameras in amazon or ebay are fakes.

Now if you know someone that own a repair shop you can purchase the real cams from the supplier http://www.globaldirectparts.com/Samsung-T-mobile-Galaxy-S-Vibrant-T959-Camera-p/smsng6085857.htm

Reactions: pbcal

swehes

Jul 26, 2010
Utah
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 11
How is quality of the rear (back) camera under low light conditions ?

Good question. The company said it is the original cameras for the phone. So I am crossing my fingers that they shouldn't have the problem. I won't sell it if they have the banding issue. I will send them back if that is the case. I will test them all when I get them to make sure that there is no issues with them.

So in other words. I will let you know. :)

Reactions: jrafael

jrafael

Dec 4, 2009
London
Good question. The company said it is the original cameras for the phone. So I am crossing my fingers that they shouldn't have the problem. I won't sell it if they have the banding issue. I will send them back if that is the case. I will test them all when I get them to make sure that there is no issues with them.

So in other words. I will let you know. :)

Thanks, I already have a rev1 wich suffers from low light banding and Vibrant 4G original cam wich works but only on vibrant 4g based roms, so I will be insterested in original rev2 I9000

swehes

Jul 26, 2010
Utah
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 11
So if these cameras are working out the way that the company said, and if I run out, and if the interest is there, I will purchase some more. Let me setup a tally poll for it.

dpaul007

Jan 25, 2011
Are any of your guys' cameras picture rotated at all? I heard it was the ROM/firmware that your using, but I haven't seen much about it. Mine is rotated 90 degrees.

atatistcheff

Aug 2, 2010
Just bought a FFC from Josh at www.mobiletechvideos.com ($45 with free shipping). Arrived in 2 days, installed it this morning. Works perfectly with Skype.

I'm on ICS Passion v13 R1 works with the Glitch and Kiss kernels (and probably several others).

Screenshot_2012-02-23-00-23-06.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Hung0702

neozengar

Mar 31, 2011
It seemed like the websites are out of stock, are there any reliable yet cheap place to buy the rev 2 camera now?

tabbers

Oct 24, 2010
Fort Worth, Texas
I also purchased a camera from www.mobiletechvideos.com and it arrived yesterday took about 30 minutes to install and works great. They also have a video on how to install it, I just checked their web site and it appears they are available. I hope you find this helpful. I am using it on my Vibrant that is running Passion 13.1 and it has also been unlocked to work on at&t.

Top Liked Posts