Google Market/Play error 921

Search This thread

winston856

Sep 12, 2010
From what I gathered while researching this error when I had it, it goes away on it's own.

I tried clearing cache and data as well as rebooting, I couldn't download then about 10-20mins later I tried and it was working.

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
Mine did it tonight when I had a lot of updates. I cleared it's data and it cleared up.

Via Rezound using XDA Premium

quickstang

Sep 2, 2009
Even though this is a Rezound forum, I have this happening on my Galaxy Nexus CDMA as well as my HP Touchpad running CM9

Both give me the 921 error, so it's not my phone since the TP is doing it. Probably a Google problem. Most of the time these things cure themselves.

ghstrdr1985

Sep 11, 2010
Midlothian
www.fedex.com
I've had issues with the market this morning as well. Had to try & dl the same app 3-5 times in a row before it finally worked. Not saying that I haven't been able to dl, it just is more hectic to do so right now.

jscarano

Jun 1, 2010
Orlando Fl
I fixed my issue by reflashing my rom and being careful what I restored with Titanium Backup. I think there was app or some setting that was off for me. I did the whole clearing data thing and it never worked for me.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Reactions: sujal

foggytown

Aug 31, 2010
Columbia, MO
My account started having similar problems last night, and are continuing. Problems with the website and mobile apps.

I filed a support ticket, got a canned response that they received it and would reply "shortly."

Update: Just got off the phone with Google support. They couldn't resolve it, so the issue got escalated and I was told to expect a response in 1 to 4 days.

Update 2: 2 hours after getting off the phone with Google support I received an email stating that they had fixed it. After deleting the play store data and rebooting my phone everything is back to normal.

Gotta give Google credit for the quick response.

Last edited:

MWaV

Dec 25, 2010
Kentucky
hellz yes!! worked like a charm!!

Thanks so much bro (synisterwolf) Almost wanted to toss my phone out the windows lol. preciate the advice. Worked like a charm. Will spread the word that you gave the solution

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

I know its considered spamming but what the hell.. thanks bro it worked !!

Last edited:

pironic

Mar 3, 2011
Calgary
from what i gather on my google searches on the inter-tubes, it says that this error has to do with overload from the google servers. If you are trying to download the same apk several times from them, and they think you are spamming them, they will block your ip, account, or phone for a short while. Im not sure the method, but the only thing you can do is wait it out or get a hold of google directly as some users above have done.

i wish there was a simpler/more immediate solution for this as much as the rest of us.

touchtaz

Sep 6, 2008
I have the same issue after doing a factory reset from the Privacy menu.
I did a reset because my google contacts sync quit working in feb, and it never came back.
I put in my google info after reset and sync is working, but I can not get to google play/market (get 921 error), and I get google talk authentication failed messages. I have never used gtalk, but it looks like you have to authenticate to use the market.

i never have the option to clear cache or clear data.

albertwertz

Dec 8, 2011
Wolfforth, TX
Fixed on mine by clearing data on Google service framework app and google play app

Instructions: use Nt hidden settings to go to Application settings, then manage applications, then select all, and clear data for the above two mentioned apps, reboot and on startup try again.

This was for a NT8gb rooted with the SDRoot method.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this is a market error not based off our phones or roms. but what seems to work for me is to clear "google play store" data and clear "Google services framework" data. reboot. then go back into market and wait. a min then try to download again.
    I fixed my issue by reflashing my rom and being careful what I restored with Titanium Backup. I think there was app or some setting that was off for me. I did the whole clearing data thing and it never worked for me.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium