Root S3 Mini (Need some help)

Search This thread

sampeng6623

Jun 25, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Good Day s3 mini User!

I am from SGW and currently just retired SGW to a s3 mini :D

I read a lot of the way to root s3 mini non of them seem working for 100%.
Some are in chinese word and some only for I8190.
Is there any senior/experience user that have rooted their s3 mini willing to share and guide me to root my s3 mini to use custom rom? :)

My based band - I8190NDXLL7

Please advice.

Clostry

Jan 7, 2014
If you want to root your phone you have to accept the risk, there's no 100% failproof solution.
These procedures are tested and proven to work and is relatively hard to hard brick your phone if you pay attention, but you never know.

Basically there are 2 ways to root your phone, install a pre-rooted firmware and root via custom recovery.
The way I like better is via custom recovery, it's firmware indipendent and it allows to do a nandroid backup before installing any "su" application.

Reactions: sampeng6623

iamsacti

Nov 12, 2013
Androidville
Hi Good Day s3 mini User!

I am from SGW and currently just retired SGW to a s3 mini :D

I read a lot of the way to root s3 mini non of them seem working for 100%.
Some are in chinese word and some only for I8190.
Is there any senior/experience user that have rooted their s3 mini willing to share and guide me to root my s3 mini to use custom rom? :)

My based band - I8190NDXLL7

Please advice.

Try this guide.
http://techbeasts.com/2013/10/24/in...-samsung-galaxy-s3-mini-i8190nl-how-to-guide/

It worked for me. Good luck

Reactions: sampeng6623

sampeng6623

Jun 25, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Thanks! It work for me too! :D

Your best bet is to aquire the Samsung USB driver + Odin and flash ClockworkMod recovery onto your phone, you can then install any standard ROM onto your S3 Mini.

I'd say this guide is pretty self explanatory: http://maclaw.pl/installation-guide-golden/

This works too. Thanks a lot! :D

If you want to root your phone you have to accept the risk, there's no 100% failproof solution.
These procedures are tested and proven to work and is relatively hard to hard brick your phone if you pay attention, but you never know.

Basically there are 2 ways to root your phone, install a pre-rooted firmware and root via custom recovery.
The way I like better is via custom recovery, it's firmware indipendent and it allows to do a nandroid backup before installing any "su" application.

Thanks for the advice. Appreciate it.

Thanks guys, I have successfully rooted my s3 mini.
I am thinking about using the STOCK ROM but those samsung apps that run at startup is eating my RAM.
I need to go to system folder and move out those .apk file from the folder right? Sorry I am still new in Android stuff.
Need some advice.

Thank in advance! ;)

iamsacti

Nov 12, 2013
Androidville
Thanks guys, I have successfully rooted my s3 mini.
I am thinking about using the STOCK ROM but those samsung apps that run at startup is eating my RAM.
I need to go to system folder and move out those .apk file from the folder right? Sorry I am still new in Android stuff.
Need some advice.

Thank in advance! ;)

Do not move out or delete any apk on system folder, as far as i know, it will make your phone crash or even softbricked. CMIIW :D. If you want to disable Samsung Apps, just go to Settings > Application Manager > All Apps > scroll down until you find Samsung Apps. Click on it, and click Uninstall Updates, and then you can disable it. Samsung Apps icon will not appear on your app drawer.

Top Liked Posts