MoKo Ultra Slim

Search This thread

killerapl

Mar 5, 2011
Is the bottom left corner of case super tight? Mine seems too tight and o have noticed slight screen lift.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

FormeriPhoney

Jan 19, 2011
Got mine today. Looks great. My only concern is the metal tab on the inside flap.

Look like it's gonna touch the screen. (I don't have the tablet yet)

I might either give it a few coats of plastic dip, or put a piece of sticky felt on the inside tab

Lesser Version

Oct 29, 2010
mine is coming apart at the seams on the cover flap after just a few weeks... getting a tpu case instead

View attachment 1730962

Swyped from my GNex running Team EOS 4 nightlies.

I got mine through Amazon and the company that actually made the case were very active in emailing me to make sure I was satisfied and if I had any problems in the future to contact them asap. I would contact the company, for I have also read posts of people getting some defective Moko cases replaced, no questions asked. I have had no issues with mine thus far. Good luck, I am sure they will take care of you.

I just got my Nexus 10 today. I love it! I'm scared to take it anywhere with me though, since I do not have a case. I've seen several people recommend the MoKo slim. I like it, and it looks nice, but I don't want black. I really like the navy blue cover. Does anyone have any dealings with getting a colored cover from them?

I finally went ahead and bought this case because I have come to the conclusion that us the people of xda are the most hard to please customers that will not miss the littlest detail of anything that we spend our money on. With me and my paranoia I never trust reviews because I don't know if the person is a paid employee of the seller. I appreciate the OP and all the other feed back on this particular case. You guys have a good day,
Later :highfive:

Last edited:
Reactions: dajogejr

nick w

Sep 3, 2010
UK
For UK users wanting this case

Dear Nick

Please check *AMazon.co. uk *around Mind March and you may order the
same case there then. We can only ship to *UK withe DHL/Fedex express
if you need it sooner. The cost will be around $25.

moosetender8

May 19, 2008
Potomac, MD
Scratches

I got this case and have been using it with no complaints. But today I noticed some small scratches, only visible in certain lighting conditions, on the top near where to metal bar is. To fix this, I simply removed the metal bar by pushing it off. I also removed the two tiny magnets that keep the case closed. The auto sleep/wake still works and the case does stay closed.

jonstrong

Jan 20, 2012
www.jonathanrstrong.com
Looks like the company suggests using their new primer on metal before coating with plasti-dip. Did you do that? or is that just a gimmick?

I won't speak for the poster describing use of plasti-dip, but if they recommend a primer, it's probably more than just a gimmick. Plastic dip finishes like this can be great -- but if not properly adhered, they can separate and peel off in a short time, even if the initial coating appears sound. A good primer can improve the "mating" of the surface to be coated and the new finish.

FormeriPhoney

Jan 19, 2011
It's bull****. Yes it will help adhere, but ive been using the spray for a long long time.

I have applied it over chrome with no issues.
The trick is to just speckle on the first coat and let it dry for 15 minutes. You can't put heavy coats on.. It never dries right. 4-5 light coats is the way to go

Reactions: TheKaz

TheKaz

Sep 22, 2010
It's bull****. Yes it will help adhere, but ive been using the spray for a long long time.

I have applied it over chrome with no issues.
The trick is to just speckle on the first coat and let it dry for 15 minutes. You can't put heavy coats on.. It never dries right. 4-5 light coats is the way to go

cool. so you don't use spray then..?

What's the best place to pick some up? Lowe's and Home Depot are marked as "special order" on their website... lots of colors available?

FormeriPhoney

Jan 19, 2011
cool. so you don't use spray then..?

What's the best place to pick some up? Lowe's and Home Depot are marked as "special order" on their website... lots of colors available?

I've always picked it up at home Depot. Not many choices in colors. Black, red, green, blue pretty much.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

jwill370

Jan 25, 2013
I've had this had this case for about a week and like it so far. It fits well and doesn't seem to tight. As a stand the folded cover is very stable. Using it with the Nexus on resting on my knees and a bluetooth keyboard on my lap while I type this. I put a piece of clear packing tape over the metal tab on the inside of the cover so that metal can not directly contact the glass. To early to tell how well the case will hold up. I'm considering adding a couple of velcro strips to the back of the case and cover to hold the cover in place when it's folded under the tablet.

scorpio.4

Feb 23, 2013
Hi!
I have a poetic slimcase and everytime i remove it the rubber on the corners goes away. :eek: Anyone can say if this case has the same problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just got my Nexus 10 today. I love it! I'm scared to take it anywhere with me though, since I do not have a case. I've seen several people recommend the MoKo slim. I like it, and it looks nice, but I don't want black. I really like the navy blue cover. Does anyone have any dealings with getting a colored cover from them?
    That's not true. I've got the black one and it has moko on te cover, as you can see on the video.

You're right. I remember seeing your video, but when I looked on Amazon, the black case doesn't have Moko written on the from. I've already ordered the Indigo one though. Now just waiting on it to get in!

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app
    For what it's still worth, I got the indigo case too.
    It's pretty much just navy blue. No purplish tint at all. The "Moko" is on the metal tab, not anywhere else.
    2 quick questions:

1. The moku's metal tab looks like it might actually touch the screen when the cover is closed. If that is the case isn't there potential to scratch the glass? I'm worried it might do so in a backpack where it could get very compressed.

2. Once the tablet is secured in the shell how much potential is there for it to fall out? I many times put something like a paperweight on the cover and allow the tablet to swing freely as it hangs off of something like a shelf. I'm wondering if the shell holds it in tight enough so you wouldn't have to worry about it slipping out when doing so?

In general, when metal hits glass, the metal scratches.
    Wait... I'm confused. My case has no logo on any side of the metal tab. It does have a logo engraved on the actual cover material on the front of the case...