[Q] Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T Possible Soft Brick?

Search This thread

Resistance225

Feb 10, 2014
So, i decide to root my s3 because i wanted to do some cool stuff. I got odin, got the tar file and tried flashing it. For some reason it didn't work :crying: On odin it gave me a fail. I was in download mode too. So, when i turn on my s3 it is in odin mode but it says "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." i did this in kies and when it was at like 99% it gives me an error. :crying:
so i tried flashing again in odin still fail, but i get on my s3 SV REV CHECK FAIL: Fused 2 > Binary 0. I have no clue what that means, So, i just want my phone to get working again i dont care about rooting anymore. JUST HELP ME FIX IT!!!!:crying:

BTW: I di root my Kindle Fire a while back so i thought I would have experience with this (i kind of do) but i guess I thought wrong.

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
i think so and i tired using odin and i put the phone in download mode so i could flash the .tar file

Since your phone was running a stock 4.3 ROM, you can't use Odin to install a stock AT&T 4.3 ROM because it doesn't exist. There are leaked ROMs around that you could try flashing.

Alternatively, you could install a custom recovery and install a custom 4.4.2 ROM.

Reactions: Resistance225

Resistance225

Feb 10, 2014
Since your phone was running a stock 4.3 ROM, you can't use Odin to install a stock AT&T 4.3 ROM because it doesn't exist. There are leaked ROMs around that you could try flashing.

Alternatively, you could install a custom recovery and install a custom 4.4.2 ROM.

I will try to do this! Thanks for helping me though, i will keep you updated. :fingers-crossed:

Resistance225

Feb 10, 2014

I installed a recovery and guess what, it started working again! :D All my data was still there too! Thanks i really appreciate you taking the time to help me! I also was able to succsessfully root it by using the CF auto root .tar file. Once again, thanks a ton!

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
I installed a recovery and guess what, it started working again! :D All my data was still there too! Thanks i really appreciate you taking the time to help me! I also was able to succsessfully root it by using the CF auto root .tar file. Once again, thanks a ton!

Glad you got it working. We're all here to help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Was your phone running a stock 4.3 AT&T ROM? What method did you use to try and root the phone?
    i think so and i tired using odin and i put the phone in download mode so i could flash the .tar file