arunkarnwal1981

Feb 21, 2011
Haryana
i have one nexus 4 purchased from Ebay. it has
4.4.2 OS STOCK,
base band M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.1700.97
KERNEL 3.4.0-perf-g2cae413 WED nov 20 14:54:28 PST 2013
build number KOT49H

it has unlocked bootloader, rooted, twrp installed.
it is able to show me IMEI number in about phone and as well as on dialer *#06#

now the problem is, when i insert sim card, it show me no service and no signal in status bar.
so not able to use phone.

kindly help me

Erovia

Sep 16, 2012
Flash the latest factory image.
My N7's baseband version is M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.1700.98, so I think you have the 4.3 baseband which is incompatible with the 4.4 roms, that's why you don't get service.

scream4cheese

Jun 22, 2011
New York, NY
4.4.2 OS STOCK,
build number KOT49H

now the problem is, when i insert sim card, it show me no service and no signal in status bar.

kindly help me

Did you reboot the phone after inserting the Sim card or enable airplane mode on and off?

opssemnik

Account currently disabled
Jun 10, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
4.4.2 OS STOCK,
something wrong over there.
stock 4.4.2 comes with .98 radio
stock 4.4 comes with the .97
also what is the bootloader version?
anyway i would recomment flashing stock factory images

Rohit02

Sep 17, 2012
Pune
4.4.2 OS STOCK,
build number KOT49H

kindly help me

Best solution is try some another "micro sim".
DONT cut it but bring it from your service provider.

mejakola

Dec 10, 2013
From what I know I believe the sim cards can have hardware within 1/16th of an inch from the side, or it might have been 1/8th but yes dont cut the card, um I know it sucks but back up what you can with something like titanium backup, then try undoing what could be the cause, so flash stock rom. With titanium backup you just hit backup/restore then the checkmark in the top right then scroll way down and hit restore apps/missing apps+sys data... if it fixes the problem then great but put a copy of the backup on your computer in case the extsdcard gets wiped too for some reason or in case you have to send it in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

arunkarnwal1981

Feb 21, 2011
Haryana
From what I know I believe the sim cards can have hardware within 1/16th of an inch from the side, or it might have been 1/8th but yes dont cut the card, um I know it sucks but back up what you can with something like titanium backup, then try undoing what could be the cause, so flash stock rom. With titanium backup you just hit backup/restore then the checkmark in the top right then scroll way down and hit restore apps/missing apps+sys data... if it fixes the problem then great but put a copy of the backup on your computer in case the extsdcard gets wiped too for some reason or in case you have to send it in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

nothing going on.

i installed stock 4.3 but still same issue.

mejakola

Dec 10, 2013
Ill ponder for a while and see if I can brainstorm a solution, ill ask around a bit and see what I come up with,
If your worried about your warranty and your carrier won't help you, I suggest going to best buy and letting the Samsung guys take a crack at it, they have the proper software to find the problem.

mejakola

Dec 10, 2013
OK when you first got the phone was the sim working?
Is it a carrier specific device?
If yes are you using a sim card from that carrier?
Is the phone unlocked or factory unlocked or is it locked?
Was there any thing you did such as flashing custom roms?

I think it may have a bad Imei but I'm still trying to figure that out

arunkarnwal1981

Feb 21, 2011
Haryana
OK when you first got the phone was the sim working?
Is it a carrier specific device?
If yes are you using a sim card from that carrier?
Is the phone unlocked or factory unlocked or is it locked?
Was there any thing you did such as flashing custom roms?

I think it may have a bad Imei but I'm still trying to figure that out

yes it was working.

today again i downgrade to 4.2.2 but still same issue.
i was noticed that when i use *#*#4636#*#* > phone information> it show me UNKNOWN in set preferred network type and none of type is selectable
but when i switch off radio then i am able to select network type and phone sow me my carrier but no signal due to radio is off. after switch on radio same condition. and no service.
as i am in india so i do not think that blaclist issue matter but i check and imei is clear.

mejakola

Dec 10, 2013
yes it was working.

today again i downgrade to 4.2.2 but still same issue.
i was noticed that when i use *#*#4636#*#* > phone information> it show me UNKNOWN in set preferred network type and none of type is selectable
but when i switch off radio then i am able to select network type and phone sow me my carrier but no signal due to radio is off. after switch on radio same condition. and no service.
as i am in india so i do not think that blaclist issue matter but i check and imei is clear.

dont know if you ever got your issue fixed or not, i had a similar problem the other day on my galaxy s4 i337
i was able to make phone calls and recieve text messages but i could not access the internet through the network, my carrier actually did something that helped but didnt fix it... the technical support team had me turn off the phone and then they erased me from the network, so when i turned the phone back on the phone rebuilt the network through the sim card and for some reason i have better reception now...
i still could not connect to the internet via wifi or mobile network so i factory wiped and installed the stock firmware.

do you have somewhere to go where they can "officially" flash the stock firmware? here in the usa i can take my phone to BestBuy, a large electronics dealer, and they have a samsung area that the people have the tools to do so.
maybe your network carrier can help you, maybe its not a phone issue but rather a network provider issue.

arunkarnwal1981

Feb 21, 2011
Haryana
dont know if you ever got your issue fixed or not, i had a similar problem the other day on my galaxy s4 i337
i was able to make phone calls and recieve text messages but i could not access the internet through the network, my carrier actually did something that helped but didnt fix it... the technical support team had me turn off the phone and then they erased me from the network, so when i turned the phone back on the phone rebuilt the network through the sim card and for some reason i have better reception now...
i still could not connect to the internet via wifi or mobile network so i factory wiped and installed the stock firmware.

do you have somewhere to go where they can "officially" flash the stock firmware? here in the usa i can take my phone to BestBuy, a large electronics dealer, and they have a samsung area that the people have the tools to do so.
maybe your network carrier can help you, maybe its not a phone issue but rather a network provider issue.

thanks for reply but my problem is , there is no network so no
phone
calls or msg. I already tried many sim card cutted and non
cutted
both. something is bad with radio.

mejakola

Dec 10, 2013
phone
cutted

Mkay I'm not real sure about that so I would check the forums for your phone and see what you can find since you narrowed down the problem

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

phone
cutted

Mkay I'm not real sure about that so I would check the forums for your phone and see what you can find since you narrowed down the problem

Best of luck
to you

20_perguntar

Mar 26, 2014
It's a little bit strange but you can try to use an adhesive tape on the side of sim card to prevent a short circuit between contacts and the sim card's metalic tray.
It worked for me.