[Q] trying to revert back to stock rom but activesync won't recognise device

Search This thread
Aug 2, 2014
As title states trying to go back to stock but activesync not recognising my phone I have tried everything but nothing working. Since installing wp7.8 rom it doesn't get recognised and I do not know what else to do so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

hitman1376

Jan 7, 2013
zanjan
Well ...

As title states trying to go back to stock but activesync not recognising my phone I have tried everything but nothing working. Since installing wp7.8 rom it doesn't get recognised and I do not know what else to do so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Dear friend ... Would you please give more info ? ( if you had WPH 7.8 , you have HSPL which means you could have flashed WM in Bootloader so why didn't you flash the ROM there ? ) ... Thanks in advance

With Best Wishes
Hitman1376​

Aug 2, 2014
Dear friend ... Would you please give more info ? ( if you had WPH 7.8 , you have HSPL which means you could have flashed WM in Bootloader so why didn't you flash the ROM there ? ) ... Thanks in advance

With Best Wishes
Hitman1376​

Yes I have hspl. I have tried everything, I hav magldr 1.12 so I cnt flas from sd, when I try n use usb flasher the updater can't find my device it has error code 262 which is activsync not recognising the device so I cannot think of another way to flash the rom. Im goin to try and use someone else computer incase its mine but until then trying to findanother method of doing it

hitman1376

Jan 7, 2013
zanjan
??? ... but you can't flash WM on MAGLDR !!!!

Yes I have hspl. I have tried everything, I hav magldr 1.12 so I cnt flas from sd, when I try n use usb flasher the updater can't find my device it has error code 262 which is activsync not recognising the device so I cannot think of another way to flash the rom. Im goin to try and use someone else computer incase its mine but until then trying to findanother method of doing it
But remember that you can't flash WM using Magldr !!!!!!!!! .... well if now you have WM stock and you want to return to it , you should go to bootloader menu ( shut down and then hold "Vol Down + Power button" to get to the colorful menu then run Task29 than Run the WM installation ( NOTE : Remember that all bootloaders are flashed this way and if you flash the WM , your Magldr is ging to get removed !!! also remember that doing a Task29 is necessary to remove the bootloader you had before and if you don't do it , your installed bootloader will crush !!! ) .. Goodluck

With Best Wishes
Hitman1376​

Aug 2, 2014
But remember that you can't flash WM using Magldr !!!!!!!!! .... well if now you have WM stock and you want to return to it , you should go to bootloader menu ( shut down and then hold "Vol Down + Power button" to get to the colorful menu then run Task29 than Run the WM installation ( NOTE : Remember that all bootloaders are flashed this way and if you flash the WM , your Magldr is ging to get removed !!! also remember that doing a Task29 is necessary to remove the bootloader you had before and if you don't do it , your installed bootloader will crush !!! ) .. Goodluck

With Best Wishes
Hitman1376​

What is task 29? If that is the stock rom then yes I have that I have also tried all of that on the 3 colour screen but it just doesnt do anything its recognising the usb on the coloured screen but when I start the process nothing actually happens it gets stuck at 0%

hitman1376

Jan 7, 2013
zanjan
Well ...

What is task 29? If that is the stock rom then yes I have that I have also tried all of that on the 3 colour screen but it just doesnt do anything its recognising the usb on the coloured screen but when I start the process nothing actually happens it gets stuck at 0%
Task29 is a flash able image which erases the data on the phone and makes it ready for flashing a new Bootloader (WM / MAGLDR / CLK ) ... That may be the 0% reason .... try doing a Task 29 ... I recommend you to try this App ( it has MAGLDR + CLK + Task29 ) ... Good luck

With Best Wishes
Hitman1376​

Aug 2, 2014
eretrs that

Task29 is a flash able image which erases the data on the phone and makes it ready for flashing a new Bootloader (WM / MAGLDR / CLK ) ... That may be the 0% reason .... try doing a Task 29 ... I recommend you to try this App ( it has MAGLDR + CLK + Task29 ) ... Good luck

With Best Wishes
Hitman1376​

Hey thanks but I have just spent ages downloading and setting up that software to eventually get to video tutorial where I am then told that you still need activesync. As stated earlier my activesync is not working my phone is not being recognised on activesync and that is where my problem lies so please if you can help with that then good. Cause otherwise im wasting my time

Aug 2, 2014
I would reinstall activesync, turn off any antivirus software, especially if Norton.
Remove SD card, put device into bootloader manually *shut down and then hold "Vol Down + Power button* then connect to usb cable & try flashing standard wm6.5 rom.
Activesync download & general tips & tools can all be found in HD2 Wiki.
http://xdaforums.com/wiki/HTC_HD2

I have done the uninstall and install of activesync but I haven't tried removing sd card so will try that again.if it doesn't work I will then try a newer computer and see if I can get it working through wmc instead.

Aug 2, 2014
Thanks for trying to help everyone. I managed to sort it and it was the hspl had messed up I have sorted it amd now thats me in android so goodbye windows phone :) lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would reinstall activesync, turn off any antivirus software, especially if Norton.
    Remove SD card, put device into bootloader manually *shut down and then hold "Vol Down + Power button* then connect to usb cable & try flashing standard wm6.5 rom.
    Activesync download & general tips & tools can all be found in HD2 Wiki.
    http://xdaforums.com/wiki/HTC_HD2