[Q] Replacement LCD screen for atom

Search This thread

mos33y

Mar 22, 2006
does any one know of a link/site etc that supply LCD screen for Atom?

silly question...is it the same LCD as the magician? hmhm. I have tryed the usual places (ebay, google) but with no luck. (well, non that i could see).

any info is appreciated a as usual

mos33y

Mar 22, 2006
yep me too. Apparently, o2 does not allow the repair centres to sell the lcds to the public. Now I have to pay almost AU$400 to have it repalced by the Australian repair centre.

Its a joke considering the price is only AU$150 from the Thailand repair centre (I got a sale quote for the lcd but then they told me they cant sell it to me because I am not a repair centre :x ).

ACSlater

Mar 29, 2007
I just ordered a new screen for my IPAQ 6815 for €75 incl. shipping from Ebay. It's probably arriving next week. Got it from seller hongkongop. If you can't find a cheap one, remember that the next PDA's use the same (NEC) screen:
- O2 Atom/Atom Exec/Atom life
- Mita C Mio A700/A701
- HP iPAQ 6800 6812 6815 6818 6828

cumbakom

Jun 10, 2007
Changing and getting a NEW LCD screen for O2 Atom is easy!!

I have broken my LCD screen for O2 atom before and went through the horrible same pain of only being able to receive the phone call and calling the last person who you previously talked to.

Getting a new LCD screen is easy. Now, there are many sellers on eBay who sells new LCD screens. However, one of the hardest part was to find out how to change it.

Believe it or not, O2 is one of the most easiest handset to dissemble. I found my guide on google which was in chinese, however, the pictures themselves were pretty much self explanatory.

Hope this helps. :)

wfwoo88

Apr 11, 2007
My LCD screen (front part) was crack last week and I decide to pop in to O2 authorize service center to ask for replacing. You know how much their charge? Dam.... expensive RM535 (Diagnosis+labor+LCD) even it is still under warranty.

Of course, I'm not proceed. Next I walk out and went to the freelance services center who situated in opposite building and try my luck.Guys, I am lucky (although go to paid for it) and manage to fix this crack by paying RM190 which include the screen protector.

Last edited:

makozman

Feb 2, 2008
Hi there, I also have an O2 atom with a stuffed touch screen. So I ordered a new touch screen, and searched the web as thoroughly as i can to find instructions on how to install it, but found nothing! I now how to disassemble the phone, but just don't now how to connect the new touch screens ribbon to the phone... Could someone please help... I'd love a link to some instruction. Thanks everyone

jigar2speed5095

Feb 5, 2008
twitter.com
Hi there, I also have an O2 atom with a stuffed touch screen. So I ordered a new touch screen, and searched the web as thoroughly as i can to find instructions on how to install it, but found nothing! I now how to disassemble the phone, but just don't now how to connect the new touch screens ribbon to the phone... Could someone please help... I'd love a link to some instruction. Thanks everyone

http://xdaforums.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1981346

This is just to disassemble you ATOM

jigar2speed5095

Feb 5, 2008
twitter.com

oops double post.. Net went wacky on me .. Sorry :(

makozman

Feb 2, 2008
thanks mate... but im ok with disassembling the phone... just need some instructions on how to attach the new screens ribbon

kkh528

Mar 10, 2008
I have broken my LCD screen for O2 atom before and went through the horrible same pain of only being able to receive the phone call and calling the last person who you previously talked to.

Getting a new LCD screen is easy. Now, there are many sellers on eBay who sells new LCD screens. However, one of the hardest part was to find out how to change it.

Believe it or not, O2 is one of the most easiest handset to dissemble. I found my guide on google which was in chinese, however, the pictures themselves were pretty much self explanatory.

Hope this helps. :)

Could I have the link for the chinese instruction please?:)

RevDog

May 14, 2008
Last edited:

RevDog

May 14, 2008
This is much harder than I thought it would be!

***Warning do not attempt replacing just the touch screen unless you are extremely technically proficient (i.e. you can solder under a microscope.

If you want to replace a LCD and touch screen in one unit it would be easier, but my connection is no longer good and I'm getting flickering!! Tips anyone?

I was hoping to wait for a HTC diamond to come to Australia, but looks like I might be forced into going for something else :(
Unless I could stand a few months of no PDA...

indianram

Aug 28, 2007
NEW LCD SCREENS WITH TOUCH IS AVAILABLE for atom only

anybody interested in to buy new lcd for atom-life,exec,atom just for 50$us. shipping extra. tried and tested screens available
kindly contact me on +919867436882 (India)

sameermohd123

Jun 25, 2007
does any one know of a link/site etc that supply LCD screen for Atom?

silly question...is it the same LCD as the magician? hmhm. I have tryed the usual places (ebay, google) but with no luck. (well, non that i could see).

any info is appreciated a as usual

its available in ebay.com .i ordered and replaced my lcd screen.working fine