Can't send text on aokp b29

Search This thread

GoombaVinnie

Feb 19, 2011
Visalia, Ca
Hey all I need help. Can't seem to send texts. I can receive them but not send em. Anyone have the apn settings for at&t? I was flashing different modems and I think I screwed it up some how.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

GoombaVinnie

Feb 19, 2011
Visalia, Ca
OK well then what do I do? Does anyone have the original modem from aokp b29? I used the modems from the stickie modem thread and I honestly don't trust those zip files now.

b-eock

Dec 30, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Probably because you used the wrong one, don't blame others work because you don't know how to use it... They have all worked perfectly for me and many others...

Just flash an I9000 Modem that is for CM7/CM9/MIUI

GoombaVinnie

Feb 19, 2011
Visalia, Ca
Dude wasn't blaming someone else, get off the high horse. I'm asking for help. Obviously one of the modems I flashed was not for ics. I've used that thread for all my modems from 2.2 to 2.3 so i know its something I did. I've tried flashing other modems from there no success. I've wiped data and cache still nothing. I have no smsc number in the testing menu. So if your not willing to help just move on

TRusselo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Edmonton
just reflash AOKP without factory reset. back to normal.

or captivate > Development section > Modem Sticky > Captiave Modem website > ICS/CM9 MODEMS

GoombaVinnie

Feb 19, 2011
Visalia, Ca
I must have really screwed it good. Flashing aokp won't even change the base and to what's in the rom. I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and one back to jf6. Man I hate it when I do stupid things like this lol.

TRusselo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Edmonton
why would you go back to jf6? kk4 would be fine but that isnt needed either.

flash an ICS modem from where i told you. or CWM > wipe system > wipe data > install rom fresh. done.

Reactions: GoombaVinnie

internalflame

Sep 8, 2011
Could be your SMSC. Had this happen when I accidentally updated it as a 0.

Get into phone info by *#*#4636#*#* and hit refresh to see what your SMSC is. Google what your provider's code is supposed to be and make sure it matches.

Reactions: GoombaVinnie

GoombaVinnie

Feb 19, 2011
Visalia, Ca
I was the smsc number. It got changed to zero for some reason. Than for both of your help I really appreciate it.

They Drew First Blood

Aug 27, 2011
This site has modem downloads as well, and a link to a Google map to narrow down which may work better in your area.

(edit)

The modem list is in no particular order, so you may have to scroll a bit to find what you're looking for.

edit: Well I can not post links yet, not up to 10 posts... but if you search the forum for soggycashew you may find the link I was trying to post.

edit2: Glad you resolved your issue!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    why would you go back to jf6? kk4 would be fine but that isnt needed either.

flash an ICS modem from where i told you. or CWM > wipe system > wipe data > install rom fresh. done.
    Could be your SMSC. Had this happen when I accidentally updated it as a 0.

Get into phone info by *#*#4636#*#* and hit refresh to see what your SMSC is. Google what your provider's code is supposed to be and make sure it matches.