[Q] Phone reboots during calls

Search This thread

ATSPerson

Sep 16, 2012
Leigh-on-Sea
Recently my One S has started to reboot during calls if they last more than about 4 or 5 minutes.

I'm on CM11 09/05, but his has happened also on M4 and 08/05. Kernel is stock.

I thought at one point it might be down to a new sim card I'm using but the issue started before the original was replaced
I haven't managed so far to get a logcat but will try to reproduce and get one. In the meantime anyone have any ideas?

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
Try some good custom kernel. Without a logcat nobody will know what is the reason anyway.

tetakpatalked from Nexus 7 flo

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Recently my One S has started to reboot during calls if they last more than about 4 or 5 minutes.

I'm on CM11 09/05, but his has happened also on M4 and 08/05. Kernel is stock.

I thought at one point it might be down to a new sim card I'm using but the issue started before the original was replaced
I haven't managed so far to get a logcat but will try to reproduce and get one. In the meantime anyone have any ideas?

My mom's phone started doing this after I flashed the 1.35 radio so I flashed back to 1.20 and think it is fine now. That 1.35 radio is not meant for our phone I do not think it works properly.

ATSPerson

Sep 16, 2012
Leigh-on-Sea
Thanks all. I will look into each of these when I return home from a business trip.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

ATSPerson

Sep 16, 2012
Leigh-on-Sea
Ok back from my travels.

Radio has always been 1.20.

I've used both Ice Code and Bubba a few tomes before. No harm in trying them out again to see if they help.

My own hunch is that the phone overheats, causing a reboot. I've had overheating problems before. What causes the overheating issue I don't know.

Sent from my One S using XDA Free mobile app

Rapier

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Ok back from my travels.

Radio has always been 1.20.

I've used both Ice Code and Bubba a few tomes before. No harm in trying them out again to see if they help.

My own hunch is that the phone overheats, causing a reboot. I've had overheating problems before. What causes the overheating issue I don't know.

Sent from my One S using XDA Free mobile app

Heating happens all the time when I use navigation / maps (but I guess it's normal) and also sometimes when charging if I have a custom kernel with "fastcharge" activated. Both Bubba and IceCode have "fastcharge" option so you could try deactivating it.

Sent from nowhere over the air...