[Q] How do I get an Android L developer's preview?

Search This thread

orangekid

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Apr 10, 2009
Mind pointing me in the right direction to go about doing that, I'm on cwm 6.0.4.5 and I don't think it gives me the option to backup efs

Edit: nvm I found the efs and modems thread in android dev
Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Good.

Make sure you make an EFS backup ASAP and store it off the phone just in case. That will save you if it wipes your EFS information (IMEI etc..)

Koopa777

May 18, 2012
Also for what it's worth, the API 20 SDK just briefly appeared in the SDK Manager .exe. I tried to download it and it yelled at me saying it "didn't exist," then it disappeared. Also some packages disappeared since a few hours ago, the USB Driver had a rev 10 available, now it just says 9, along with a bunch of "extra" packages missing now. Shouldn't be much longer...

orangekid

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Apr 10, 2009
I use TWRP for everything, not sure why you would have any problems on CWM or Philz, but for backups and restores I just use TWRP, and I have never had a problem.

Pretty excited about the L preview too, looking forward to the UI changes and a bug free (mostly?) ART.

npesa92

Mar 14, 2012
I use TWRP for everything, not sure why you would have any problems on CWM or Philz, but for backups and restores I just use TWRP, and I have never had a problem.

Pretty excited about the L preview too, looking forward to the UI changes and a bug free (mostly?) ART.

my eclipse is grabbing android L now for my dev environment, so they have it up somewhere

Ragonexus

Apr 18, 2014
Klosterneuburg
PA

Hey, i am currently using Paranoid Android 4.4 and have TWRP and MultiRom installed.
How can i Flash the 5.0 Developer Preview without loosing my Custom Rom/Recovery ?
Please help me, thank you :angel:

kevtrysmoddin

Jul 17, 2011
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
6ura8ymu.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I guess they just haven't released it, yet.

Don't forget their different timezone.
    Thank you all, maybe I'm getting too desperate :D I just wanted to confirm that my account is the right one, I'll be refreshing until it appears, thanks again!

EDIT: I believe being rooted would not be a problem at the moment of the installation, right? I know that I'll lose root after that, but as long as the actual installation does not give me problems, it's fine.

maybe it will be problem to root new androi L cause I've read somwhere that there is a lot of security updates and also samsung knox in new android so we will see if it will be able to root :)
    Hi, I read that anyone with a developer's account can access the developers' preview build of Android L, that was supposed to be available today, I have a developer's account (to upload apps to the market) but I don't see any build of android L, is this the required account? or is there any other type of account required? thanks!

it will be here when its released, as of yet it is not released

http://developer.android.com/index.html
    keep refreshing the page like the rest of us :)
    Hi, I read that anyone with a developer's account can access the developers' preview build of Android L, that was supposed to be available today, I have a developer's account (to upload apps to the market) but I don't see any build of android L, is this the required account? or is there any other type of account required? thanks!
    I guess it'll be available in a few hours.
    Thank you all, maybe I'm getting too desperate :D I just wanted to confirm that my account is the right one, I'll be refreshing until it appears, thanks again!

EDIT: I believe being rooted would not be a problem at the moment of the installation, right? I know that I'll lose root after that, but as long as the actual installation does not give me problems, it's fine.

Considering that the images will have to be flashed through fastboot, you'll probably lose root and everything else on data/system partitions (unless they don't wipe it, but I think it does).