Display doesnt work but touch do!

Search This thread
Well, this is my first thread, if i got this in the wrong section, im really really sorry! :confused:

Like the title says, my display isnt working like it should, i can use the touch (even play music and stuff) but i cant see anything, do i need to buy a new display? If so, i searched for it and its selling like one piece, display and touch, and i dont know if im going to get scammed with the "repair" in a local store and just re-connect the display or something like that, i wanna know before i take the xperia to that place, a quick help guys! :good: :confused: :silly:

And again, im really sorry if i screwed this forum with a misplaced thread :p

(It got wet, then i just left it in the car with a ziploc filled with rice for a week, and powered it on, everything works but the display :( the soul of the xperia :/ )

Thanks for reading! :D

daniel090588

Feb 3, 2011
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2776003

I had the same problem too bro, but let me tell you taht your display is fine don´t spend your money buying a new one, i tried mine with another cellphone i bought just like mine and the display was good then i send it to repair and the guy told me that one of the five cristals of que mother board that gives the video signal was burned and that´s easy to fix but the problem is to find the spare, it´s a very tiny piece and the only solution i see is to find a damaged tx and take that cristal to repair mine, while that happens i´m using the one i bought is just the same and newer but i would like to repair the other one to sell it and recover some money you know.

Reactions: AlfredS

I had the same problem too bro, but let me tell you taht your display is fine don´t spend your money buying a new one, i tried mine with another cellphone i bought just like mine and the display was good then i send it to repair and the guy told me that one of the five cristals of que mother board that gives the video signal was burned and that´s easy to fix but the problem is to find the spare, it´s a very tiny piece and the only solution i see is to find a damaged tx and take that cristal to repair mine, while that happens i´m using the one i bought is just the same and newer but i would like to repair the other one to sell it and recover some money you know.

So its a little piece from the motherboard?! ): i was thinking that only a display-related stuff, not a tiny cristal from the motherboard ): that means everythibg in my Xperia v is going to get lost? ): the store told me that the fix of a new display is $600 in my country, (like 45-50 usd) but i wanna open it by myself and rebuild it from scratch, the thing is that i dont know how and i dont have the tiny screwdrivers xD

So, your advice? Remember, its a xperia v (lt25i)

daniel090588

Feb 3, 2011
So its a little piece from the motherboard?! ): i was thinking that only a display-related stuff, not a tiny cristal from the motherboard ): that means everythibg in my Xperia v is going to get lost? ): the store told me that the fix of a new display is $600 in my country, (like 45-50 usd) but i wanna open it by myself and rebuild it from scratch, the thing is that i dont know how and i dont have the tiny screwdrivers xD

Well you didn´t say that it was a v, but i guess that is the same problem but is wear cause v is water resistant unlike my tx, my advice y that you try out the display on another cellphone in my case the display wasn´t damaged so don´tspend your money without knowing well what´s wrong

Reactions: AlfredS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Well you didn´t say that it was a v, but i guess that is the same problem but is wear cause v is water resistant unlike my tx, my advice y that you try out the display on another cellphone in my case the display wasn´t damaged so don´tspend your money without knowing well what´s wrong