[Q] Camera and Gallery Stopped, Unfortunately

Search This thread

akenis

Dec 22, 2007
Google Pixel 6
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I've read about a million of these threads and researched elsewhere, but am coming back to the experts here.

The issue is that the camera won't work. It says, "unfortunately, gallery has stopped." We did clearing data. We did factory resets. I replaced both front and back cameras. I flashed the factory image.

After flashing the factory image, the phone boots up with "unfortunately gallery has stopped." I tried installing an old MIUI camera that supposedly only uses the back camera. It stops. Barcode Scanner stops. Trying to start a front facing hangouts session....stops. Downloaded some selfie camera app...stops.

Going to take it apart again and check connections. Any other ideas? Maybe the replacement parts from ifixit.com were bad? Or something else...

Thanks.

h4xx0rr

Aug 17, 2014
Boot into recovery and wipe system, cache, data, internal, dalvik cache...and then flash factory image. You maybe didn't wiped all before flashing factory img..

akenis

Dec 22, 2007
Google Pixel 6
Google Pixel 7 Pro
ny7e4yta.jpg

Both old cameras (top) and new (bottom) look good.

akenis

Dec 22, 2007
Google Pixel 6
Google Pixel 7 Pro
adu2udar.jpg

Contacts look good...buy will clean anyway.

A little corrosive damage on the chip cover.

Right next to the back camera contact is a gold surface with some black dots. Are the dots normal, or has something been worn away?

akenis

Dec 22, 2007
Google Pixel 6
Google Pixel 7 Pro
aqumeges.jpg

Now were getting somewhere!

Those black spots were some kind of mold/corrosion. Cleaned contacts and installed the old cameras and factory reset.

The camera actually opens now...but to a blackish/greyish screen. Different message now that gallery isn't responding.

Gonna wipe all, flash all...and see what happens.

If that doesn't work, install the new cameras.

akenis

Dec 22, 2007
Google Pixel 6
Google Pixel 7 Pro
...cameras work the same since putting the new ones back in. It opens, but locks up with a black/grey screen. Was going to flash all.bat, but the usb is no dorked. It will charge, but it's not recognized by PC. Took apart and checked again. Same problem.

Maybe I messed something up with a bit of rubbing alcohol trying to clean things up?

mugzylol

Jun 28, 2014
This has nothing to do with your camera. Its just the factory image you flashed. Try flashing another image.

sent from my nex7

dhiru1602

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2010
Could you provide a logcat and the output for the following command in adb?

cat /sys/kernel/debug/remoteproc/omap-rproc.1/trace1

I am having a similar issue wherein both the cameras wouldn't work. It's a broken device that I have bought for development.