[GUIDE] MIUI on the X10 [2.3.3 + 2.2.1] (updated 18-07)

Search This thread

vip57

Dec 2, 2010
Tripoli
Samsung Galaxy S20
Help Please

This is the best rom i ever ever had great job for all of you

but there is a problem why there is no arabic language and no arabic font
can somebody tell me how to install it ?

cwhittl

Jan 14, 2011
BERMIUI2 Torch Force Close

Any ideas on why it keeps force closing? Everything else seems good...

Angie*

Dec 21, 2010
I LOVE Miui!
But the data disconnect is HELL!!!
I've tried Trip's roms, black edition, etc... but all have the same... :(

I'm back on cm7, waiting for a solution for MIUI...

Angie*

Dec 21, 2010
Hello everybody!!

I LOOOOOVE MIUI.
I HAAAAATE data disconnection!!!

I've tried all the MIUI's rom, and finally, i have find THE miui without issue (except tethering): the MIUI Whitecookie, v02, for locked bootloader!
Everything's ok: gps, calls, mails, wifi, data auto-reconnect, downloads, and GO SMS!!!!!
it's the one who can make it work!! i can send and received messages with my lovely app GO!
any FC!!

try this!! ;)

postbank

Sep 27, 2010
I have problems with text messaging...When I want to send a text message or read one, it gives me an error and I have to force to close the program...

What to do?

azyop

Mar 31, 2011
RAM on MIUI rom

i browsed around in X10i section and saw a printscreen which shows that there is 512mb RAM on a MIUI rom. i was quiet surprised, is it possible to have such a good RAM on X10i?

Prodigy

Apr 13, 2011
Melbourne
i browsed around in X10i section and saw a printscreen which shows that there is 512mb RAM on a MIUI rom. i was quiet surprised, is it possible to have such a good RAM on X10i?
I think thats a bug in settings because X10 only has 256 (or more?) ram, I think that statistic has just not been removed from settings as the MiUI itself is ported from other phones. It doesn't bother me at all infact when it comes to boasting i can show off to my friends that the X10 has 256 RAM.

Anyway, is it time to remove this thread from sticky cos it seems useless now? Hasn't been updated for 4 months now and noobies just don't bother using good ol' TripN's firmwares as he has moved on to the HTC sensation for good. And also TripNKernel is just a bull**** test and is highly unstable, I would remove that as that crap could seriously damage devices. Saying that cos I tried it and hated it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TO FOLLOW THE PROGRESS OF TRIPNRAVERS MIUI ROMS, PLEASE VISIT: http://android.modaco.com/category/419/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10-x10-modaco-com/

For a general overview of MIUI visit the official website:
    http://en.miui.com/a-24.html

Available versions of MIUI for X10

MIUI 1.7.15 by Cobrato 2.3.4
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1152555
    Current release: 1.7.15

TripNMIUI 2.2.1
    http://android.modaco.com/content/s...-iris-1-5-5-froyo-what-some-crisp-air-can-do/
    Current release: 1.5.5
    -Based on MIUI 1.3.18 (final froyo version)
    -Stable
    -Compatible with 'TripNKernel' for removed FPS cap
    -Minor Bugs
    -Fully working Camera/Video camera

Installing MIUI
    Do not attempt to restore data from 2.1 and any other Non-MIUI roms via xrecovery, as it will result in force closes and will not work

If on the first boot you do not get signal, you need to go to dev tools on the homescreen, select bad behaviour and then crash system server. The phone will reboot and radio will be working, enjoy!

Troubleshooting

I have no signal
    Have you crashed the system server?

I STILL have no signal, even after crashing the system server!
    Make sure you are on the correct baseband - The rom is designed for 0.49, but should work with 0.52 and 0.46 as well. If you have a baseband that is higher than 0.52, either flash baseband 0.49 or flash the following patch in xrecovery (this does not apply to MIUI 2.3.3, you must have baseband .49/.52/.46):
    http://www.multiupload.com/K3BS2YJQPF

The camera flash isn't working!
    You cannot use the led flashlight within the camera app, but you can install this app to enable the led flashlight, and go into the camera app with the led turned on. This also works in MIUI 2.3.3 (but w/o the camera)

http://www.multiupload.com/BN5BXNJYFT

After installing, you will be able to add a torch widget to the homescreen for easy access.
    In MIUI 2.3.3 you can hold the home button on the lockscreen to have quick access to the LED flashlight, but the above apk must be installed.

Known Bugs
    -Please see respective threads for more information

See post #3 for information regarding the custom kernel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is MIUI?
    MIUI is a custom rom which differentiates from the stock android experience more than any other rom, featuring a revamped UI and several unique features.
    Whilst the X10 is not an officially supported device, MIUI has been ported by TripNRaver to the X10, please visit his original thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1013210

Ew, it looks like iPhone, this is not the ROM for me!
    Please do not write off MIUI because of the apparent similarities with the iOS user interface - It is so much more than a simple rip-off, with many useful features you will not find in other ROMS. Whilst the default launcher is similar to iOS, you can still use others in place of it, such as launcherpro or ADW which will give the ROM an appearance closer to stock android, allowing you to enjoy the android look with all the great features of MIUI

Key Unique Features
    There are many great things about MIUI that make using it a real pleasure.

Images are of MIUI 2.2.1

1. The Lockscreen
    5359635705_7673ff8d40.jpg
    6a00d83451c9ec69e201348996b70e970c-250wi

The MIUI custom lockscreen is far more advanced than the stock android 2.2. It features a sense-style sliding panel which you can drag up or down to unlock. Dragging down from the phone icon brings up the dialer and dragging down from the messaging icon brings up a sms app (whatever you have set to default, if you are not using the stock app)
    You can preview unread texts and view missed calls without leaving the lockscreen, simply by pressing and holding on the message/phone icons.
    Another great feature of the lockscreen is music control. You can easily change tracks, pause and play music, simply by double tapping the lock button to bring up the music controls.

2. Notification Bar
    9OTRMYSRDF.jpg

Sliding down the notification bar brings down a panel with all your notifications, as well as toggles at the bottom. You can conveniently access these from within any application (providing the notification bar is shown), swiping across them to reveal more toggles.

3. MIUI Themes
    screenshot_28.jpg

MIUI has an advanced theming system implemented, where you can choose from hundreds of user created themes to download which completely change the appearance of the ROM, changing many things including icons, the notification bar, UI elements and many more.

Themes can be downloaded via the theme downloader within the rom or from http://miuithemes.com/ where there is a huge selection to choose from.
    Remember, when downloading themes from the internet ensure they are in .mtz format or they probably will fail to apply.

4. And Many more!
    MIUI has several other features which you will experience just from playing around with the ROM itself - the stock apps such as messaging and the dialer are completely customised, and there are other useful MIUI apps included such as File Explorer which allows you to wireless sync files between your phone and computer via WiFi. I strongly advise you to just try the ROM for yourself and see how you like it ;)
    Making the Most out of MIUI
    Custom Kernel
    TripNRaver has created a modified kernel for MIUI that has no fps cap, meaning the phone will run a lot smoother and feel more responsive. This replaces the stock S.E kernel, and is possible since the bootloader has been bypassed.

This is currently for MIUI 2.2.1 only!

Bugs with current kernel - 0.3
    -GPS not working
    -APPS2SD not working (angry birds and other apps don't install - can be installed by unmounting sd card in settings before downloading in the market)
    (bugs with rom without custom kernel still are present)

The download links can be found on the TripNMIUI thread, please follow the following instructions to install the kernel:

Procedure for using custom kernel
    - Flash rom (1.0.3) through xrecovery
    - Boot up the rom
    - Rom will reboot by itself to correct network / data
    - Enter pin and logon to phone
    - Wait for network and data connection to be ready (crash system server not needed)
    You can follow the next 3 steps anytime after the above have been completed
    - Reboot into xrecovery again
    - Flash custom kernel
    - Reboot into TripNMiUI

How do i remove the custom kernel?
    Flash TripNKernel BTS (Back to stock)

If you flash a different rom, the kernel will not remain.

Notification Toggles
    The notifications toggles also act as a shortcut to their relevant settings menu, which can be accessed simply by pressing and holding on the toggle.
    E.g. pressing and holding on the wifi toggle brings up wifi settings
    Transferring files via WiFI
    You can view, copy and add files to the SD card in your phone easily using MIUI File Explorer, included in the ROM.
    To do this, ensure your phone is connected to a wifi network, and open file explorer. Go on PC sync, and press start service.
    The phone will give you a link that you can type into your browser address window which will look like something similar to this:

ftp://192.168.0.2:2121

You will now be able to transfer files.
    Alternatively, you can use an FTP client such as Cyberduck to do this, just type in the address given by the phone.

Privacy/Security
    MIUI offers several features in the way of privacy and security.

Personal Password
    By going into Settings - Personal > Personal password, you can set up a password to enforce security measures on certain parts of your phone.
    You can choose to use a pattern, numeric pin or password for this.
    There are then options so you can select what you want to protect, including unlocking the phone, access to messaging, the phone dialer and password protecting folders. Note: you can only password protect folders using MIUI security if you are using the stock launcher

Visitor Mode
    by pressing and holding on the power button to reveal the phone options window, an option called Visitor mode can be selected.
    Visitor mode hides all your messages and calls, useful if you are letting a nosey friend play about with your phone :p
    It requires a password to disable.

Incoming calls
    For incoming calls there are two useful features MIUI has:
    -Flip to silence (will silence the ringer on the phone by placing it screen down on a surface)
    -Pick up to fade (ringer will become quieter after you pick it up from a surface)

These can be enabled in Settings - Common>Call Settings

MIUI Backup
    MIUI features an extremely useful backup program called MIUI backup, which allows you to backup and restore apps and settings, should you ever need to reflash the rom or install an update. There are two tabs in the app, System and App.
    In system you can choose and select the settings you want to backup - homescreen layout is a really useful one, as it means you dont have to spend ages setting up your homescreen again. In apps you can choose what apps you want to backup.
    Restoring is a simple process, you just click on the backup you made and wait for it to complete restoring :)
    Customizing MIUI

Themes
    Themes are very straight forward to change and download - just put any you download on your SD card in the MIUI>theme folder, and they should appear in the theme manager. If not, tap import and navigate to the desired theme. In 2.3.3, ensure the theme is fully compatible with MIUI Gingerbread or it will not apply correctly.

Battery Display
    There are three ways of displaying your battery in the notification bar in MIUI
    -Graphical (standard display)
    -Percentage Number (self-explanatory)
    -Top Bar (A green bar that lines the top of the notification bar, giving a visual representation of the battery)

These can be selected by going into Settings - System>Battery Settings>Battery Indicator Style
    Changing the Font
    The option to change the font within MIUI theme manager is not currently working, but it is still possible to change your font fairly easily.
    Put the font files you want (android compatible font packs can easily be found across xda) in a folder on your sd card and download Typefresh and And Explorer from the android market.(Typefresh needs this to select the font files). Open typefresh and replace the Arial.ttf font files with the corresponding ones on your sd card, and hit apply(menu button>apply).
    After pressing apply it will say 'failed to remount system'. ignore this, and then press apply again - it should say fonts applied sucessfully.

Reboot your phone and the fonts should have changed!
    You can now remove typefresh and and explorer if you wish.

Menu Display
    2WAgB.png

By default in MIUI 2.2.1, MIUI has a menu display (what appears when you press the menu button within apps and on the homescreen) that is similar to that on iOS - if, like me, you prefer the stock android menu display grid, this can easily be changed within settings.

Go to Settings - Personal>Menu styles>Original grid

Changing the launcher
    If you do not like the stock launcher it can be easily be changed by downloading a new one from the market, e.g. launcherpro or ADW.
    Once the launcher has downloaded and installed, press the home button, tick always perform this action, and select the launcher you just downloaded.
    hrsy96 don't make continuous posts, use the Edit button if you want to add something.

Xperia X10i via Tapatalk
    i'm just flashing trip final 1.0.2 and i really like it
    but i can't using barcode scanner or neoreader.
    any suggestion...???
    Camera is not working for 3rd party apps yet.
    You should wait for Trip to fix it and release an update. ;)