[ROM] AOKP (4.2.2) (Beta) For the Samsung Epic 4g - 03/06/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kehlan

Aug 10, 2011
San Diego
If you disable 3G data you will still receive all texts and calls. You will NOT receive email,MMS,fb notifications (or anything like them).

I usually turn data on every 45-60 minutes and let it check things.

Sent from my Epic Ice Cream Sandwhich

Gonna hope for the best and ask if there's an app that controls my 3G radio so it will automatically flick on and sync everything every so often.

Is there?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

sonarchist

Mar 27, 2011
Washington, DC
.......really appreciating B33 (THNX alias8818!): glad to have the 4G toggle back again!
.........+ for those of you curious about getting the navigation bar on board, here is a quick 'how-to'.........I know that not everyone is willing to compromise screen space for this diddy, however, the bar can be scaled down quite a bit + w/ a little imagination could be turned into a helpful feature on your device, just keep trying different things:

To activate navigation bar...........system settings / Rom control / Navigation bar / 'enable' Navigation bar...........................then: in Rom control / Power menu settings / 'show navigation bar toggle...............lastly: long press power button / Navigation Bar Controls / select Navigation Bar Icon.

...............nav bar has the potential of allowing us to create a dynamic / useful feature! .............. but if not your cuppa-T, you can quickly disable by 'unselecting' nav bar icon on power button.

dnathan13

Sep 17, 2010
Gonna hope for the best and ask if there's an app that controls my 3G radio so it will automatically flick on and sync everything every so often.

Is there?

Juice Defender Ultimate can turn off all radios when the screen goes off.

Sent from my Epic Ice Cream Sandwhich

Or the free version will control it as well, just less options. Without jd at work I go home with 15-20% battery, with I I go home with 60-70% depending on my usage.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
OEZQ9.png

Cannot complain at all, this is how its looking after the batter fully discharged and i charged it, mind you when i turned my phone back on it was on 95%

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Have pretty similar results crept my display was on for 16mins.

Screenshot_2012-04-22-20-36-17.png

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

lcovel

Jul 10, 2011
Virginia Beach, Virginia

Is there?

I'm one of those people who swear on Juice Defender. When my screen is off my WiFi and 3g turn off shortly after. I have JD set up to turn on WiFi/3g every hour to allow apps to synch (Facebook, K9mail, calendar, weather services, etc.(Synch turns off from 11pm-6am) Also JD allows automatic enabling of wifi/3g when apps of your choice are running. Juice Defender is highly configurable, I would advise people to at least try it out and understand the settings before saying "It's bad for your battery" Over night I loose 0-1% battery charge and loose an average of 15% during an 8 hour work day. Its not unusual for me to go a day and a half (36 hours moderate use) without charging. Also, while I do stream music on Pandora, I don't play many games on my phone.

Last edited:

zanderman112

Oct 6, 2010
SouthEast USA
www.twitter.com
I'm one of those people who swear on Juice Defender. When my screen is off my WiFi and 3g turn off shortly after. I have JD set up to turn on WiFi/3g every hour to allow apps to synch (Facebook, K9mail, calendar, weather services, etc.(Synch turns off from 11pm-6am) Also JD allows automatic enabling of wifi/3g when apps of your choice are running. Juice Defender is highly configurable, I would advise people to at least try it out and understand the settings before saying "It's bad for your battery" Over night I loose 0-1% battery charge and loose an average of 15% during an 8 hour work day. Its not unusual for me to go a day and a half (36 hours moderate use) without charging. Also, while I do stream music on Pandora, I don't play many games on my phone.

Only thing is, that won't help out *crazy* people like myself that use XDA, twitter, G+ etc 24/7 lol. My phone lasts a few hours, w/ 2 hours screen on time, and almost the same amount of time using data lol.

~ E.R.A.

mrcollpepper

Dec 21, 2011
tacoma
I don't think I have read this yet for build 33, I know I have on other builds but haven't had the problem, but I can receive pictures, just can't send. I didn't really find an answer when using the phone search function. Could someone point me in the right direction and I will continue me searching from there. Thanks.

sent from my only form of human contact.

zanderman112

Oct 6, 2010
SouthEast USA
www.twitter.com
I don't think I have read this yet for build 33, I know I have on other builds but haven't had the problem, but I can receive pictures, just can't send. I didn't really find an answer when using the phone search function. Could someone point me in the right direction and I will continue me searching from there. Thanks.

sent from my only form of human contact.

Well, 1st make sure to disable wifi. Other than that, dunno. Lol

~ E.R.A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts