[RADIO][Update Feb 11th] Topaz Radio ROM list

Search This thread

htcd2fan

Jul 21, 2009
Just for my interest: Where do people find new radio-ROMs? I mean - who creates and releases them?

I'm going to test the new one right after i come home in 1,5 hours - maybe this 4.X-release will work fine with a better signal strength...

Fru T Bunn

Apr 9, 2009
Suffolk
v 4.48.25.13

Area: UK - IP22 (Diss, Norfolk)
Operator: T-Mobile

Rather un-scientific but I've gone from two blobs to a full house!

Respond back from home tonight (Ipswich, IP2) which is usually a one blob location.

Fru

BeeGee_Tokyo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Just for my interest: Where do people find new radio-ROMs? I mean - who creates and releases them?

I'm going to test the new one right after i come home in 1,5 hours - maybe this 4.X-release will work fine with a better signal strength...

The radio ROM's are coming from HTC. I have no idea how they create it. And there is a possibility to influence the radio ROM's thru registry settings, but I have no idea how to do that.

htcd2fan

Jul 21, 2009
Well, installed 4.48.25.13 and have to say (after ~2 hours of testing). Best Radio so far in my opinion.

Shows more signalstrength than any previous radio i had flashed, data-connections seem to be pretty stable and fast. GPS seems to be as good as always (monitored with iGo 8 R3, GPS-Infoscreen which shows the connected satelites, drove a short trip).

so far, it's looking good. has to show its quality over a longer time at more different locations, but currently it's looking really good... :)

hermes77

Apr 20, 2009
paris
if you want a real mesurement active the fieldtest (*#*#364#*#*) on the diamond2 then look the RRSI 1 in db

put your device on a table , do not touch it or move it then look at the receive strenth meter and you ll be able to see if there is an improvement of the sensitivity
you can run several test with several rom but the most important think is : do not move the device or touch the device just read the rssi1 result and compare
the best the reception is the best the number is near -50
the worst is near - 110

criszz

Aug 22, 2008
BrasoV
Realme GT 2 Pro
if you want a real mesurement active the fieldtest (*#*#364#*#*) on the diamond2 then look the RRSI 1 in db

put your device on a table , do not touch it or move it then look at the receive strenth meter and you ll be able to see if there is an improvement of the sensitivity
you can run several test with several rom but the most important think is : do not move the device or touch the device just read the rssi1 result and compare
the best the reception is the best the number is near -50
the worst is near - 110

my RSSI 1 is always at 255 dbm :D is that cool ??

Last edited:

Fru T Bunn

Apr 9, 2009
Suffolk
v 4.48.25.13

Carrier: T-Mobile

Meh. 1 blob.

RRSI 1 = -91 - not good but then given my location I wasn't expecting miracles.

hermes77

Apr 20, 2009
paris
if -255 it mean your are under 3G umts coverage ( not gsm)
so you have to go in group ; then WCDMA and look for agc

hermes77

Apr 20, 2009
paris
please read the post
my english is so bad ? ok sorry ...

you should read a value between -50 ( the best ) and -110 ( the worst )
but those values are to be compared to old values from another rom at the same place without touching the diamond
it is only for comparison and it is the best way to see the radio signal

so you ll be ready if there is an improvement between an other rom

Top Liked Posts