Ok here's a photo,it's not easy to see it as it's very faint @kamilmirza
Image2_zpsc35fbe18.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: kamilmirza

vegetaleb

yeah it looks like a glue or bad LCD panel
you should replace it by warranty if possible
or just stick to dark themes

I don't think it has warranty, anyway I will sell it once the M8 is out,meaning in only 2 months.
I had another unit before this one with a purple tint issue on camera and beleie me this faint vague smoke on top of the screen is nothing compared to it, though I wonder if burnin repair apps available for amoled can do magic here

kamilmirza

Dec 4, 2011
OnePlus 6
I don't think it has warranty, anyway I will sell it once the M8 is out,meaning in only 2 months.
I had another unit before this one with a purple tint issue on camera and beleie me this faint vague smoke on top of the screen is nothing compared to it, though I wonder if burnin repair apps available for amoled can do magic here

hmm try those

n1234d

Aug 18, 2013
Mumbai
Google Pixel 6a

It looks like the screen was pressed real hard on top, or it hasn't been put in properly. Happened to my iPod before. And dude, after all the sh*t you went through with this phone you still want another HTC? I'm personally never gonna buy HTC again.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

vegetaleb

It looks like the screen was pressed real hard on top, or it hasn't been put in properly. Happened to my iPod before. And dude, after all the sh*t you went through with this phone you still want another HTC? I'm personally never gonna buy HTC again.

I spent 2 months with an S4 and while it didn't have any problems at all it was a VERY boring phone and I felt how great Sense UI is!
You can't estimate how much HTC and its Sense are nice but when you use another phone for some weeks.
This very slight faint ''burnin'' is really nothing at all,it's exactly placed at the statusbar level so you won't notice it because it fells ''natural''.
BTW on amoled screen you can't let it ON more than 10 minutes because you risk to have burnins very easily.
I wonder if using screen burnin fix apps could overheat the internals and end up killing my camera lens (purple tint issue)?
HTC phones always had low quality controls,my uncle's One V screen had a yellow spot on the screen most probably due to glue,though with time it wearied off.
Usually I have luck with HTC phones but with the One I had a purple tint issue after 3 month on my first unit, a zebra effect on camera on my 2nd unit (returned it after 24h) and now this ''burnin'' or glue or whatever,but again this black tint is really not a big deal specially if I will get rid of it in 2 or 3 months.
I still take much more joy using my One than with the S4.

n1234d

Aug 18, 2013
Mumbai
Google Pixel 6a
I spent 2 months with an S4 and while it didn't have any problems at all it was a VERY boring phone and I felt how great Sense UI is!
You can't estimate how much HTC and its Sense are nice but when you use another phone for some weeks.
This very slight faint ''burnin'' is really nothing at all,it's exactly placed at the statusbar level so you won't notice it because it fells ''natural''.
BTW on amoled screen you can't let it ON more than 10 minutes because you risk to have burnins very easily.
I wonder if using screen burnin fix apps could overheat the internals and end up killing my camera lens (purple tint issue)?
HTC phones always had low quality controls,my uncle's One V screen had a yellow spot on the screen most probably due to glue,though with time it wearied off.
Usually I have luck with HTC phones but with the One I had a purple tint issue after 3 month on my first unit, a zebra effect on camera on my 2nd unit (returned it after 24h) and now this ''burnin'' or glue or whatever,but again this black tint is really not a big deal specially if I will get rid of it in 2 or 3 months.
I still take much more joy using my One than with the S4.

Well, you could've gone for the G2 or Note 3 or the Nexus 5

Top Liked Posts