Bell Atrix Update 2.2.2 Firmware v37.23

Search This thread

binary110

Apr 28, 2008
ntroducing the new Android Froyo 2.2.2 software release for the Motorola Atrix. This update is now available and Bell strongly recommend clients to upgrade the software on their device.

Benefits of the Android Froyo 2.2.2 software update [Firmware v37.23] :
Improved device stability and performance.
Faster upload speeds now up to 5.76Mbps.
Improved email setup – for easier automatic email configuration.
Accented character support within Webtop application now available.
Greater touch screen and fingerprint sensitivity.
Addresses charging issues through USB from PC after battery is completely drained.

http://www.motorola.com/Support/CA-EN/sdcards/Atrix

Edit: Link = Fixed.

Last edited:
ntroducing the new Android Froyo 2.2.2 software release for the Motorola Atrix. This update is now available and Bell strongly recommend clients to upgrade the software on their device.

Benefits of the Android Froyo 2.2.2 software update [Firmware v37.23] :
Improved device stability and performance.
Faster upload speeds now up to 5.76Mbps.
Improved email setup – for easier automatic email configuration.
Accented character support within Webtop application now available.
Greater touch screen and fingerprint sensitivity.
Addresses charging issues through USB from PC after battery is completely drained.

http://www.motorola.com/Support/US-EN/Atrix+Upgrade

Edit: Link was from a bell document, the Source says that its available OTA, as well as manually, but i can't seem to find the manual link working properly.
Sweet :)

Shouldn't this be somewhere else? Not a dev not even link to stock room?

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

zoverion

Mar 2, 2008
Not working

Just tried to update my atrix 3 times with no luck. Anyone else have issues updating a rooted, unlocked phone?

bdking2

Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I've tried the update 3 times as well. No luck. It seems to hang about 20% through the unpacking.

I'm rooted, have the telstra modem and did the webtop via hdmi. Any ideas on how to move to the update?

Rickroller

Sep 9, 2010
Red Deer
Just tried to update my atrix 3 times with no luck. Anyone else have issues updating a rooted, unlocked phone?

Ya..I tried this update yesterday OTA and had the same issues (I'm rooted and unlocked with webtop hack)..after about 20% I get the exclamation mark in the triangle telling me its failed. I was hoping to log on this morning and find the sbf ready to upload :p

binary110

Apr 28, 2008
I have the french SBF installed and greyblur/root. - I havent tried it, I doubt it will work on the french SBF. I really didn't realize how screwed we bell guys are without a factory SBF to work with. I feel like we get shafted out of all countries that got the atrix.

I just got my battery life issues sorted out, So even if i were able to try it, I wouldn't want to, But maybe there are useful fixes in it for the developers. We are getting custom roms for the ATT phones. Hopefully bell and international are soon.

I saw a post on motorola's forums from a guy who has a bell atrix that wants them to post a factory sbf for us so that we are "on par" with other countries around the world. i agree.

hburn

Sep 30, 2010
Should we stay on 2.1.1 and wait to flash the modem only or is this version better than 2.1.1

I hAve a bell atrix..

Zero-K

Jun 28, 2010
I am/was rooted and I was able to do the update. Just a bunch of fixes in it I guess. No major changes except for the faster upload. That's nice

You will have to re-root after installing it though. Gingerbreak works fine.

Reactions: sservati

bongd

Jun 20, 2010
Should we stay on 2.1.1 and wait to flash the modem only or is this version better than 2.1.1

I hAve a bell atrix..

I'd like to know this as well.

I'm thinking of at least flashing the new radio after work today though. People seem to say it's better than the one shipped with 2.1.1. I'll keep checking these threads though to wait for more comments.

Thanks for sharing your comments and experiences, guys. It's always very much appreciated. :)

binary110

Apr 28, 2008
I Didn't say it wont work for the french SBF, I just haven't tried.

I'm at work right now and can't have my phone go down at all, or i'll get fired. Which is why im not just jumping in and testing it.

Can someone confirm if it works or not with the Telstra SBF? I'm not on stock sbf, im greyblurred. If it does work, i'll re-sbf this thing to 2.1.1, and run the bell update.

I think my issue is that i'm rooted/greyblurred. So unless is flash sbf, and then try, i doubt it will work here.

sonofabit

Jul 24, 2009
Ottawa
I tried to run this over the French SBF, but was unable to.

I Didn't say it wont work for the french SBF, I just haven't tried.

I'm at work right now and can't have my phone go down at all, or i'll get fired. Which is why im not just jumping in and testing it.

Can someone confirm if it works or not with the Telstra SBF? I'm not on stock sbf, im greyblurred. If it does work, i'll re-sbf this thing to 2.1.1, and run the bell update.

I think my issue is that i'm rooted/greyblurred. So unless is flash sbf, and then try, i doubt it will work here.

sservati

May 16, 2006
Windsor
I am/was rooted and I was able to do the update. Just a bunch of fixes in it I guess. No major changes except for the faster upload. That's nice

Did the rooting method work on this? Can you verify if the WebTop without Dock MOD works on this?

daymz

Jan 22, 2009
Did the rooting method work on this? Can you verify if the WebTop without Dock MOD works on this?
I took the Bell 37.23 update this morning.
My root was gone (I had originally rooted using GladRoot 4.3) and there was no longer any /osh/sbin/frozenfish.

I re-rooted my 37.23 using Gingerbreak 1.20 and it worked perfectly.

EDIT: just ran Speedtest.net mobile in downtown Montreal (great reception quality) and got 5737 kbps down and 2335 kbps up :)

Last edited:
Reactions: sservati

maxcc

Apr 10, 2009
Montreal
Can I run the update even if i have froze all the bloatware? And will I have to re-freeze them after the update? ¸
I am kinda new to android but have a good experience in modding other mobile os (webos, wm5).

Thank you :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I took the Bell 37.23 update this morning.
    My root was gone (I had originally rooted using GladRoot 4.3) and there was no longer any /osh/sbin/frozenfish.

I re-rooted my 37.23 using Gingerbreak 1.20 and it worked perfectly.

EDIT: just ran Speedtest.net mobile in downtown Montreal (great reception quality) and got 5737 kbps down and 2335 kbps up :)
    I think it's time to move this thread to General. Or merge it with the half dozen other threads talking about the same thing.
    hey sorry can you explain a little bit more on how to do it,i've downloaded version 9 , am i supposed to put it on my phone or run the menu.bat on my computer?

You don't need to install anything on your phone. Just make sure you root it using the menu.bat and then once that is done go to full phone restore. It will then download what you need and run it automatically. Be patient though it takes a really long time. Stayed up till 12:30 in the morning waiting. If you need more of an explantion just PM me.