Google wallet and 4.4.2

Search This thread

Domvillan

Jan 16, 2011
Not sure if anyone else saw this but tap to pay is unlocked on stock 4.4.2 rom!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rsalas187

Shotjas

May 29, 2013
Cincinnati
They changed the way that the NFC secure element works. Essentially, its even more secure now. And they gave a big middle finger to Verizon/ATT and Isis.

Poofster

Aug 22, 2013
To anyone using this...do you trust it? Any problems or safety issues to watch out for? Haven't added my bank account yet just not sure I trust google yet...

Poofster

Aug 22, 2013
I have my info in mine. But can't use it bc of root but no problems with my cards being on there

I see you can add credit debit cards...can they be used at nfc places or do they only work for online purchases? I'm new to this but am interested in using this...I'm not rooted running kitkat so I should be ok

jcwilliams

Dec 5, 2010
I see you can add credit debit cards...can they be used at nfc places or do they only work for online purchases? I'm new to this but am interested in using this...I'm not rooted running kitkat so I should be ok

Yes you can set a default card that gets used when you tap to pay.

Poofster

Aug 22, 2013
Thanks ...last question cause their site isn't very helpful. ..lol...do I need to enter a bank account or is a credit card enough? Thanks again

jcwilliams

Dec 5, 2010
Thanks ...last question cause their site isn't very helpful. ..lol...do I need to enter a bank account or is a credit card enough? Thanks again

Sorry didn't see this post. I'm not sure on the bank account. I don't think you need to since you'll be using a card. But the back account is there in case you want to add funds from bank to Google wallet card.

Reactions: Poofster

abe.froman

Sep 8, 2010
Has anyone been able to get tap to pay working on 4.4.2? I'm on Surge's 4.4.2 rom and tap to pay sets up immediately, which means it didn't completely setup. Proper setup usually takes a few minutes. I've tried it at a store and as expected it didn't didn't even register with the payment terminal. I was able to use tap to pay on my old s3 prior to April 14th and was hopeful I could use it on the s4 now that is has official kit kat.

abe.froman

Sep 8, 2010
I've been using it on the 4.4.2 release for weeks. Every now and then the first tap won't work but it always does the second time. It set up pretty much immediately for me compared to the old way NFC worked.

I guess that means I'm likely experiencing operator error. I went into the transaction assuming that it wasn't going to work because of the different experience with setup. Then when the first tap didn't register, I quickly used the actual credit card.

When the first tap doesn't work for you, does it even register a transaction attempt? My phone didn't even attempt to start a transaction.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not sure if anyone else saw this but tap to pay is unlocked on stock 4.4.2 rom!

To anyone using this...do you trust it? Any problems or safety issues to watch out for? Haven't added my bank account yet just not sure I trust google yet...

I have my info in mine. But can't use it bc of root but no problems with my cards being on there

Sorry didn't see this post. I'm not sure on the bank account. I don't think you need to since you'll be using a card. But the back account is there in case you want to add funds from bank to Google wallet card.
    I would never authorize on-line transactions directly from an account. Credit cards at least have limits/protections.
    Bank account is not required. All I use is one of my cards. Works like a champ.