[Rom] RemICSv3-JB XT925

Search This thread

sxg75

Feb 27, 2011
I didn't try myself. But it is stated in this thread (somewhere in page1) that this rom ist based on CM10 and so is the 4.2.1 based on CM10.1 - with the same issues.

TS please correct me if I'm wrong.

T

Tquetski

The first DL link is based on CM10, the second is based on CM10.1 which is android 4.2.1, where CM10 is 4.1.2

itzik_man

Nov 13, 2010
Saint-Laurent, Quebec
Tquetski - The question is: does your ROM base on CM10.1 still carry the camera bug & others ? If yes, what was the point of reproducing a ROM with the same unresolved bugs ?

T

Tquetski

Tquetski - The question is: does your ROM base on CM10.1 still carry the camera bug & others ? If yes, what was the point of reproducing a ROM with the same unresolved bugs ?[/

It still does but from what I understand Epinter is actively working on it rather than CM10, that being said I'm only doing it to get an understanding of the procedure involved with it.

In terms of pure productivity what's the point in my even developing anything for this phone, I don't even own it lol.

I port for fun and to learn more; and because I personally like RemICS and enjoy sharing what I like

itzik_man

Nov 13, 2010
Saint-Laurent, Quebec
Tquetski -
As another challenge for your development aspiration, why not taking the just posted in the General section, the Rogers JB xml files which are installable only with a fastboot.bat, and transform it to a XML ROM installable trough RDS ?
The file is complete and just the installation process is causing problems to some of the users.

TiagoDiazz

Dec 29, 2011
São Paulo
I've been using this room (RemICS v3 XT925) for some days now. (daily use), and the performance / stability is the high point of this room.
the negative point is the HUGE battery leak ( 8hrs TOP, with wifi/3g, reading emails, facebook sometimes and whatsapp basically )
and other thing is the constantly device overheat, some points i got REALLY hot, that i have to take it out from my pocket.

Even though, i'll still carry on with this room. seems few cons against alota pros ;)

T

Tquetski

Tquetski -
As another challenge for your development aspiration, why not taking the just posted in the General section, the Rogers JB xml files which are installable only with a fastboot.bat, and transform it to a XML ROM installable trough RDS ?
The file is complete and just the installation process is causing problems to some of the users.

Wow, that would be pretty tough for me, but If folks would be willing to flash tests for me I'd certainly be willing to give it my best shot.

I haven't really tried to tackle any RazrHD inherent issues because I don't have this phone to actually run my own tests on, everything I've done so far here has been universal methodology that can work on any Device, RemICS is very easy to build a basic 'version' of.

That being said I don't have any problem digging deep and there are some things that I probably can fix or work out that are 'hard' issues, but I don't want to be guilt tripped If someone flashes something I build and gets a brick, not to mention you would potentially spend nights doing re-flashes because It's very rare to get something right the first, second or third time unless you've done it in general before.

So really, If anyone wants to offer up their phone as a flashing crash dummy I could probably bring some really cool stuff over

T

Tquetski

Wouldn't it be easier to just install the rom and Dump it though?

T

Tquetski

OK, new build will be finished uploading in ETA 15 minutes.

As usual I'll need feedback because unlike previous builds I've implemented a few Framework mods, The UI is also fully modded (Fingers crossed..)

I've removed tweaks that were causing battery drain issues, and as long as 'Recent Panels' works correctly this will be pretty much complete..

Worth noting, I've used the latest CM10 available in this.

T

Tquetski

Has somebody installed the 4.2.1, how stable or issue free is this ROM ?

No idea, have gotten no feedback about it but It should be pretty stable, but I have never built this for 4.2 so I'd assume it is not as nice as the 4.1 version just in general, mostly like when I first did the 4.1 it didn't have as much polish as now, where I just update it to reflect a new CM :x

derjoe

Nov 20, 2007
Thank you very much for the nice build!
I'm very happy about the working torch switchable by the CM buttons.
And I can turn off the charging light. Nice.

The only issue so far are the crashing gapps after reboot. I don't know what could be the reason for that?
Any syncing with gmail problems?
It's ok for me because it's only after reboot.

Thank you for the stable best ROM for the XT925 I had. :good:

kerimh40

Oct 24, 2010
Hi Ive tried running this through the recovery and I get a aborted error message...any ideas? ive also tried through the rom manager to no avail.

T

Tquetski

Thank you very much for the nice build!
I'm very happy about the working torch switchable by the CM buttons.
And I can turn off the charging light. Nice.

The only issue so far are the crashing gapps after reboot. I don't know what could be the reason for that?
Any syncing with gmail problems?
It's ok for me because it's only after reboot.

Thank you for the stable best ROM for the XT925 I had. :good:

Clear data from your G-apps :p

T

Tquetski

Hi Ive tried running this through the recovery and I get a aborted error message...any ideas? ive also tried through the rom manager to no avail.
I don't know, maybe you're not following proper install procedure; I don't know much about flashing roms onto this device, best to ask peers :x

kerimh40

Oct 24, 2010
I don't know, maybe you're not following proper install procedure; I don't know much about flashing roms onto this device, best to ask peers :x
This is what I did...

downloaded from my phone and moved the file onto the SD card. Didnt rename to install.zip (maybe I should have?)
Went into recovery, wiped twice data and cache and then tried to install but keep getting the aborted message. Thanks for the help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Re: [Rom] RemICSv3-JB XT925 // XT926

If cam worked this would be THE rom for the razr hd!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    Same here! For me it doesn't work with Safestrab, like epinters cm10.
    Iam on german o2 XT925.

So next try with CWM. :cool:

Flashing with CWM works great.

ROM runs very fast.
    What i have tested so far:

- Kamera works
    - PlayStore works
    - can not test LTE ,cause i dont have a LTE SIM
    - Apps are starting fast, no FC so far
    - WiFi works
    - great Bootanimation

I like this ROM! Looks realy nice and works stable.

Very good work man! :thumbup:

Gesendet von meinem XT925 mit Tapatalk 2
    My biggest concern on the XT925 is the camera which is the weakest link on this device. Can you port a camera configuration from an high quality camera SMARTPHONE and incorporate it in your ROM, can it be improve through software at all ?
    I didn't hear comments on the LTE radio, does it work well in this ROM (I am on Rogers LTE) ?

There are no radios included in this rom, meaning whatever your modem is flashed with will stay. In theory it should not have any issues. I'll flash mine tonight, I am on FIDO as well. XT925 has FIDO/ROGERS ROMS on same device - depending on what is the first sim you enter from a factory reset will load the proper rom ;)
    So on XT926 these don't work.

*Camera/Flashlight
    *NFC there is no way to turn it on
    *Very Low In Call Audio

Also is this ROM based off the latest 4.1.2 CM10 Nightly?

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2
    So on XT926 these don't work.

*Camera/Flashlight
    *NFC there is no way to turn it on
    *Very Low In Call Audio

Also is this ROM based off the latest 4.1.2 CM10 Nightly?

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2
    yeah wud be nice to have that all fixed n one thing I noticed on the in call volume is if u turn the speaker on n off its louder..

Sent from my XT926 using xda premium