New to anything but VZW..

Search This thread

bhfd64

Feb 9, 2011
Hey all.

Lifelong Verizon user looking at the Nexus 5. Would have to go with Sprint as they are the only other carrier with coverage in my area (and only 3G for the time being).

I've had many Android devices in the past and have unlocked/rooted/flashed them all. I'm only used to CDMA/LTE and seeing carrier specific branding on custom ROMs though. Does it not matter with the N5? I thought there was a difference between Sprint (LTE) and AT&T/T-Mobile (GSM) but perhaps I'm mistaken. Would appreciate any clarification.

Thanks.

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
Look for small local GSM or cdma carriers in your area such as mine in Hawaii we have mobipcs and they told me the nexus 5 works on their network

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

bhfd64

Feb 9, 2011
Look for small local GSM or cdma carriers in your area such as mine in Hawaii we have mobipcs and they told me the nexus 5 works on their network

Sadly I'm from a farm community and we don't have much here. Verizon and US Cellular CDMA/LTE and Sprint 3G are the only carriers we have with data coverage.

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
Sadly I'm from a farm community and we don't have much here. Verizon and US Cellular CDMA/LTE and Sprint 3G are the only carriers we have with data coverage.

You sure there is absolutely no tmo coverage there check on the website or something not even AT&T?

lafester

Feb 11, 2007
Sprint should have lte everywhere in the coming months. If its not there yet it will be soon.
With custom roms most have cdma implemented and work fine.

What is your location?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nexus 5 isn't available for Verizon. Nexus has the radio frequencies for sprint T-Mobile and at&t so all you need is the APN and it works