[Q] Samsung keyboard with autocorrect?

Search This thread

RelayTech

Mar 7, 2014
Is there one?
The google keyboard doesn't have the number row and keyboards from the app store I don't like.

My Samsung keyboard has it...
u7a4ujub.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
My Samsung keyboard has it...
u7a4ujub.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
They all have it, but I noticed you also have auto replacement off, just like me. I still didn't figure out how to type words that are not in dictionary, pretty much couldn't input most of the names of programs I was searching for in play store, for example program names like ARC, AppOps, ES explorer impossible to type in without being changed by auto correct, had to turn it off.
BTW, I also didn't like other keyboards, for example contrary to what somebody posted in one of the forums, when I installed swiftkeyboard, it still didn't have number row on top, maybe missed it in settings.

Last edited:

chipworkz

Dec 28, 2011
On the Samsung keyboard, to type words that are not in the dictionary is actually easy and I just recently figured it out myself. First you need to turn Auto Replacement on. For a non common word that isn't in the dictionary, instead of swiping, just type out the letters one at a time. Then instead of hitting the space bar to go to the next word, hit the right arrow symbol above the number 1 and 2 keys. This takes the letters as you typed them instead of trying to auto correct them. This right arrow symbol is only displayed when Auto Replacement is turned on.

Hope this helps...

Last edited:
Reactions: toastido

RelayTech

Mar 7, 2014
this is mine, I don't have the auto replacement option, why is that?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-17-20-23-01.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-17-20-23-01.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 72

pkimkpop

Dec 16, 2012
this is mine, I don't have the auto replacement option, why is that?

Do you have Wanam x posed module installed? I have found that if u enable the x posed module the auto replacement option disappears. I have since reinstalled my rom and use gravity box module until they fix the xposed module

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

RelayTech

Mar 7, 2014
Do you have Wanam x posed module installed? I have found that if u enable the x posed module the auto replacement option disappears. I have since reinstalled my rom and use gravity box module until they fix the xposed module

Im using Sinless ROM and Wanam is installed

pkimkpop

Dec 16, 2012
Im using Sinless ROM and Wanam is installed
Yeah unfortunately Wanam is the reason your auto correct option in the Samsung keyboard is gone . I posted the problem on the Wanam forum. I can't for the life of me figure out why it's causing it because there's no settings in Wanam that I can see that interfere with the keyboard auto correct. I reinstalled and reinstalled and every time after I install Wanam module it's gone :confused:
Hope it gets fixed soon

pkimkpop

Dec 16, 2012
I uninstalled wanam and the auto replacement did not come back.

Yes unfortunately it does something to the system that does not get removed even after uninstalling wanam. Only way I got it to work again is by re flashing your rom. Believe me I've done trial and error and re flashed my rom about 5 times. Each time if I install Wanam the auto correct goes away

nitrus0x

Apr 24, 2011
I was having the same issue and after reading through this thread I poked around the xml file mentioned there and changed the
Code:
<CscFeature_Sip_DisableAutoCorrection>false</CscFeature_Sip_DisableAutoCorrection>
line from "true" to "false" and got my spacebar/autocomplete functionality back -- Hope this helps :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    On the Samsung keyboard, to type words that are not in the dictionary is actually easy and I just recently figured it out myself. First you need to turn Auto Replacement on. For a non common word that isn't in the dictionary, instead of swiping, just type out the letters one at a time. Then instead of hitting the space bar to go to the next word, hit the right arrow symbol above the number 1 and 2 keys. This takes the letters as you typed them instead of trying to auto correct them. This right arrow symbol is only displayed when Auto Replacement is turned on.

Hope this helps...