Wifi problems

Search This thread

pinot112

Feb 1, 2010
Hrastnik
Hi! Sorry for this message, but I really didn't find a topic that would answer my question. My phone shows that the wifi is connected to my home network, but I can't acces any internet pages, or even update weather. My laptop which is also connected to the home wifi is working properly. I just recieved my phone from the servis, I explained the problem with the wifi, and they said that it should work OK, and that there is no problem with the hard or softwear!! I would appreciate any help from you guys. Many thanks!

Hi! Sorry for this message, but I really didn't find a topic that would answer my question. My phone shows that the wifi is connected to my home network, but I can't acces any internet pages, or even update weather. My laptop which is also connected to the home wifi is working properly. I just recieved my phone from the servis, I explained the problem with the wifi, and they said that it should work OK, and that there is no problem with the hard or softwear!! I would appreciate any help from you guys. Many thanks!

The issue is probably in your connection settings, Settings\Connections\Connections\Advanced\Select Networks.
Can't tell who your provider is so can't help you from there.

pinot112

Feb 1, 2010
Hrastnik
My provider is SIMOBIL. But why should my problem with wifi connection be connected to my provider? Isn't wifi totally seperated from that? Cause my SIMOBIL network works just fine, it's the wifi that says it's connected and doesn't work at all. Thanks!!

arrow224

Nov 26, 2009
Make sure that your IP and DNS settings are correct in the D2. Also any encryption as well.

Are you connecting to a router? If so, make sure your security settings are correct, and allow the D2 to access the internet, ie, allowing the MAC address.

MI 99XPL

Mar 13, 2008
I need to enter my MAC address in my router and can't find it on my TD2 (model T5358) and my manual is only in Chinese, so that's no help. I searched "MAC Address" in the topaz fourm but didn't see the path to follow to find it. If you know how to find it, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

dr.K

Aug 19, 2009
I need to enter my MAC address in my router and can't find it on my TD2 (model T5358) and my manual is only in Chinese, so that's no help. I searched "MAC Address" in the topaz fourm but didn't see the path to follow to find it. If you know how to find it, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Turn on Wi-Fi, then Settings\Connections\Wi-Fi\Advanced\ (or Comm Manager\Wi-Fi\Advanced\) then switch to tab Advanced

vyis

Sep 7, 2010
i experience the same thing, but after i change the router WEP encryption key from hexadecimal input back to character input, it works flawlessly. think phone just not support hexadecimal encrype key??

sualc

Apr 29, 2008
Try to set the Power Management slider to Best Performance in the wifi section. I experienced that some ROMs need to be set like that to work, otherwise the symptoms are like yours: phone "looks" connected but no traffic is going on..

joshcsmith13

Jul 6, 2009
Samsung Galaxy A50
What protocol/standard is your wifi?
I have notice that since I replaced my wireless G router with an N router (same brand - D-Link), that my connection only lasts for a few seconds while I'm active. After a minute, or any delay in activity, my connection is invalid and I get 404 errors. I had no trouble surfing for hours before, and my laptop seems fine, so I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting.