[MOD] MIUI Extended Settings Mod

Search This thread

Rimmer1966

Oct 14, 2010
Project Treble
It's time for a change...I think some might like the changes others might not..

I've created an App. (it's my first one so no laughing!!!)

It contains the same options you know and love and a couple of new ones!!!
The idea of creating an App is to cut down on the number of files I have to tinker with each week. It was taking too much time. This way I only have to modify the SystemUI.apk and the Launcher2.apk and I'm done.
Those users who couldn't use this Mod because of the changes to services.jar should now be fine..

Couple of things to note..

The option to Hide the Debug Icon is missing. I'm trying to work out a way of hiding the icon without modifying services.jar

If you change the battery Top Bar you might notice a delay of a few seconds before it updates.. (Just me being Lazy)

The Auto Close feature is now standard with the Launcher so the option to enable it is no longer needed.

There are three version

ESCenter - Center Clock Version
ESSwitched - Center Clock, Notification and signal icons switched.
ESRight - Standard version with clock on the right as normal.

20110826162417.jpg

As with all MODS there is no guarantee it'll work with all phones.(I only have a Galaxy S)
so please take a Nandroid backup before applying this.

Hope you like it!!

Install Instructions :-

Click the download link below and copy the downloaded file to your SDCARD. Reboot into recovery. Take a backup then flash the MOD.

** If after flashing you can't see any changes, try manually mounting System **

If you find any bugs or have improvement suggestions just let me know.

Download Link

1.8.26 Downloads

Beer Fund

Last edited:

gicahagi19

Jun 26, 2007
...It is slower than unlagfixed 2.1 samsung rom.

i strong heartedly disagree with the above poster. I'm on MIUI atm, and I get one full day of use out of my SGS, with HSDPA enabled /always connected, lots and lots of browsing, phone calls, sms, yahoo and whatsapp messenger online almost 24/7, some games, some BT transfers and some Wifi.

then again, I do know how to customize my SGS with black themes and various other settings to extend battery life...btw, no underclocking or undervolting..

no way you're gonna get the same level of polish and the same experience on Eclair..

just my 2 cents...

cheers!

xmsnx

Jan 5, 2008
Oh yeah, there so is going back. It is slower than unlagfixed 2.1 samsung rom.

Sorry but I think you must have seriously messed up something if it was that slow!
For me I find it just as fast as Juwe's rom if not faster!

Sorry back on topic, downloading now and will try it out :) Looks good!

Last edited:

splendidtry

May 16, 2011
Once you've tried it, there's no going back..

I would have to also tell you, yea there is...

Just because there are people like yourself who extremly are satisfied with it and consider it a top rom, doesn't mean everyone see it in the same light.

I stuck with MIUI with every version from 3 to the latest 5.3, it was my first ever custom rom, and as much as I wanted to like it I finnaly decided to give up on it for the foreseeable future. Even for someone who tried to like it was biased toward it it is more a gimmick rom for entertainment, than proper sgs rom you'd consider serious. Even tried to get my friends on it while I was on it, everyone hated it.

In my opinion it has great potential, but its still in its infancy. It is way to rough and misguided to be a good solid rom. Even going to a base 2.2 rom just rooted and lagfixed beats MIUI in almost every aspect. I finnaly don't feel like breaking my phone again. Almost every aspect of MIUI is different, which is where the appeal comes from, but somehow the difference is rarely for the better and it manages never to be as good even an original rom in terms of usability. At the moment I would consider it the poorest choice out of the the popular roms.

Since you will probably ask, the biggest downfalls off the top of my head I had with MIUI is unrelenting and completely unsolvable battery drain issues. This alone makes the rom not worth taking seriously. Calendar, the way you set your alarm, messaging, contacts etc, having to press double or more buttons to get to particular areas the stock phone does in 1, little things like that.
Laggy menus is another one.
I dont even want to get into how bad this rom is with the camera. Horrendeus software, menus etc, recording upside down, and on top of that it completely incapacitated the video recording of the phone. VErsion 5.3 and the videos still record at 3fps and the frames jump back and forward every 2 seconds as well...

heres miui on a good day for you.

Last edited:

mr.klee

Nov 12, 2010
hi there!

thanks for this! is there any way to implement the "tv-out"-settings into this as well? galnet is speaking about fixing/implementing it into MIUI, but atm he can't, since there is no option to enable tv-out on MIUI.

thanks!

Rimmer1966

Oct 14, 2010
Project Treble
hi there!

thanks for this! is there any way to implement the "tv-out"-settings into this as well? galnet is speaking about fixing/implementing it into MIUI, but atm he can't, since there is no option to enable tv-out on MIUI.

thanks!
Adding an extra option isn't that difficult. Getting that extra option to do what it's supposed to do is the tricky bit!!! :eek:)
If Galnet has managed to work out how to implement this feature I'm sure he's more than capable of adding an option to the settings menu but having said that I'm more than happy to help out if needed..

Reactions: exjc1986

mr.klee

Nov 12, 2010
Adding an extra option isn't that difficult. Getting that extra option to do what it's supposed to do is the tricky bit!!! :eek:)
If Galnet has managed to work out how to implement this feature I'm sure he's more than capable of adding an option to the settings menu but having said that I'm more than happy to help out if needed..

alright. here's what galnet wrote:

notworking.png

TV Out (Mind You Can't Test As Not In MIUI Settings Menu)

i understand that he can't test it because it's not in the settings menu..

thunderteaser

Jul 22, 2010
I guess a "feet on the ground" option would be waiting for the official MIUI devs to support TV-out in future releases. Mind MIUI is still beta. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's time for a change...I think some might like the changes others might not..

I've created an App. (it's my first one so no laughing!!!)

It contains the same options you know and love and a couple of new ones!!!
    The idea of creating an App is to cut down on the number of files I have to tinker with each week. It was taking too much time. This way I only have to modify the SystemUI.apk and the Launcher2.apk and I'm done.
    Those users who couldn't use this Mod because of the changes to services.jar should now be fine..

Couple of things to note..

The option to Hide the Debug Icon is missing. I'm trying to work out a way of hiding the icon without modifying services.jar

If you change the battery Top Bar you might notice a delay of a few seconds before it updates.. (Just me being Lazy)

The Auto Close feature is now standard with the Launcher so the option to enable it is no longer needed.

There are three version

ESCenter - Center Clock Version
    ESSwitched - Center Clock, Notification and signal icons switched.
    ESRight - Standard version with clock on the right as normal.

20110826162417.jpg

As with all MODS there is no guarantee it'll work with all phones.(I only have a Galaxy S)
    so please take a Nandroid backup before applying this.

Hope you like it!!

Install Instructions :-

Click the download link below and copy the downloaded file to your SDCARD. Reboot into recovery. Take a backup then flash the MOD.

** If after flashing you can't see any changes, try manually mounting System **

If you find any bugs or have improvement suggestions just let me know.

Download Link

1.8.26 Downloads

Beer Fund
    Once you've tried it, there's no going back..

I would have to also tell you, yea there is...

Just because there are people like yourself who extremly are satisfied with it and consider it a top rom, doesn't mean everyone see it in the same light.

I stuck with MIUI with every version from 3 to the latest 5.3, it was my first ever custom rom, and as much as I wanted to like it I finnaly decided to give up on it for the foreseeable future. Even for someone who tried to like it was biased toward it it is more a gimmick rom for entertainment, than proper sgs rom you'd consider serious. Even tried to get my friends on it while I was on it, everyone hated it.

In my opinion it has great potential, but its still in its infancy. It is way to rough and misguided to be a good solid rom. Even going to a base 2.2 rom just rooted and lagfixed beats MIUI in almost every aspect. I finnaly don't feel like breaking my phone again. Almost every aspect of MIUI is different, which is where the appeal comes from, but somehow the difference is rarely for the better and it manages never to be as good even an original rom in terms of usability. At the moment I would consider it the poorest choice out of the the popular roms.

Since you will probably ask, the biggest downfalls off the top of my head I had with MIUI is unrelenting and completely unsolvable battery drain issues. This alone makes the rom not worth taking seriously. Calendar, the way you set your alarm, messaging, contacts etc, having to press double or more buttons to get to particular areas the stock phone does in 1, little things like that.
    Laggy menus is another one.
    I dont even want to get into how bad this rom is with the camera. Horrendeus software, menus etc, recording upside down, and on top of that it completely incapacitated the video recording of the phone. VErsion 5.3 and the videos still record at 3fps and the frames jump back and forward every 2 seconds as well...

heres miui on a good day for you.

hi there!

thanks!
    Would like to have update too.
    OP Updated with latest version. Now includes the option to hide the Carrier.
    Enjoy and don't forget I like Beer!! :eek:)
    OP Update with 1.7.15 version...Hope you like the extra settings this week...