[Q] Individual Sound Notifications for Phone & Messaging Apps?

Search This thread

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
Guys,
Do any of you use individual sound notifications for either the Phone or Messaging Apps?
I appreciate titles such as GoSMS Pro and Textra for messaging can handle individual sounds but it would be good to hear if the standard apps on the G3 could achieve this?

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
You can do this with app from gp called MegaSound

Sorry but I don't think I explained it clearly enough..
Basically what I am looking for is an app that when one of your contacts is called into a notification be it a phone call or a text message it plays a sound that identifies the caller.

In the past I have created dozens of individually identifiable text/phone alerts that I use to identify who is either phoning or texting me.
GoSMS Pro and Textra to name but two I have used in the past to give each contact their own individual sound notification.
I was hoping rather than install GoSMS Pro or Textra again maybe I could use the default phone and messaging apps but with some way to identify each of my contacts?

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
Basically what I am looking for is an app that when one of your contacts is called into a notification be it a phone call or a text message it plays a sound that identifies the caller.

In the past I have created dozens of individually identifiable text/phone alerts that I use to identify who is either phoning or texting me.
GoSMS Pro and Textra to name but two I have used in the past to give each contact their own individual sound notification.
I was hoping rather than install GoSMS Pro or Textra again maybe I could use the default phone and messaging apps but with some way to identify each of my contacts?

LG doesn't have it under menu in the individual contact .... like samsung you go into the contact and press menu and it brings up the chance to set individual ring tone but I don't think you can for notifications I don't have my lg g3 until sprint releases sorry

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Reactions: Beards

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
LG doesn't have it under menu in the individual contact .... like samsung you go into the contact and press menu and it brings up the chance to set individual ring tone but I don't think you can for notifications I don't have my lg g3 until sprint releases sorry

Thanks.... I guessed it would end up like this.
Yet again it's the phone that has individual ringtone but messenger can't have the same.

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
If you get zedge download a ring tone then set as contact pick the contact job done, just tried it and works fine

Thanks but I have two problems with this:-
1. It doesn't allow you to select a pre-made sound file.
2. Are you sure this allocates the same sound file for an individual to both the phone and messaging apps?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can do this with app from gp called MegaSound

Thanks.... I guessed it would end up like this.
    Yet again it's the phone that has individual ringtone but messenger can't have the same.

If you get zedge download a ring tone then set as contact pick the contact job done, just tried it and works fine