Worst 4G speeds in the USA?

Search This thread

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
Yes. I would say that a month is a ridiculous amount of time, if your not getting bomb service in a week or two call and complain and they will open up a ticket and if enough people who are camping on the towers you speak of they will escalate it. Verizon has the best standards and uses the most expensive equipment but it's not all fired up right now due to drive test issues, swapped sector's, but I remember dealing with the same thing with AT&T and T-Mobile so it's not new and they really are throwing a ridiculous amount of money at it because as I said, they want those towers taking as much traffic as possible but if you want to download one of the apps that tell you what site and sector your on I can go look at it, you said your in long Beach right?? I work out of the Verizon building off sand Canyon in Irvine it's really not that far.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Let me know of the app. Glad to help if I can and report the weak areas to you?

Yes Long Beach 90805 to San Pedro 90731. Areas I would get 16+mb/sec speeds now .5-3mb/sec for over a month now. Voice has always been fine for calls, download speeds are terrible.

Evocm7

Oct 19, 2011
Bakersfield
I'm glad to know this is happening all over the place. At least I know my phone isn't messed up. I'm a couple hours north of LA and having the same issue. Band 13 is the problem for me. The areas I have problems in are not aws band 4 areas. Hope this is fixed soon because my job is not in an aws area either so I can barely use my phone at all

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
Yes. I would say that a month is a ridiculous amount of time, if your not getting bomb service in a week or two call and complain and they will open up a ticket and if enough people who are camping on the towers you speak of they will escalate it. Verizon has the best standards and uses the most expensive equipment but it's not all fired up right now due to drive test issues, swapped sector's, but I remember dealing with the same thing with AT&T and T-Mobile so it's not new and they really are throwing a ridiculous amount of money at it because as I said, they want those towers taking as much traffic as possible but if you want to download one of the apps that tell you what site and sector your on I can go look at it, you said your in long Beach right?? I work out of the Verizon building off sand Canyon in Irvine it's really not that far.

Today is the first day at work in Long Beach that I see 2-3 bars of 4G since over 5 weeks! I ran speed test to confirm and happy with the results even though upload kind of sucks. I'm still happy to help though if you want to let me know the name of that app to figure out the towers for you if you can further look into this?

Hope these results only improve if possible from here!

Mind you last 5 weeks same exact area was getting 1-2 bars of 3G with speed test of .5-1mb/sec download speeds.

hy3avuda.jpg

Preston2291

Aug 29, 2011
Haven't read anywhere where aws has gone live for Verizon in Jacksonville, FL but this was during peak hours on a Friday afternoon.
utypebum.jpg

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
Damn knew I spoke too soon. The test results I posted earlier lasted literally for an hour then dropped back down to crap. Weird took test in literally same exact location, my office!
zunurera.jpg

trook

Sep 7, 2010
Costa Mesa CA
Damn knew I spoke too soon. The test results I posted earlier lasted literally for an hour then dropped back down to crap. Weird took test in literally same exact location, my office!
zunurera.jpg

No, it will be back. There is a lot of drive testing and alarm clearing and testing we have to do then submit to the fcc before we get official "on air" status, but all of that only takes a few weeks. It will be turned on then off a few times. Then comes optimization where they dial in every antenna. They're pushing hard right now so don't lose hope, we still have over 9000 antennas to change in the so cal market alone and about a thousand sites still slated for AWS by the end of the year, then it's second carrier. In a couple years it will be fiber from the switch to the site. Copper is being phased out. But I still stand by my original comment, T-Mobile is 3x faster in our area right now anyways but we will catch up.

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
I guess full bars on 3G connection doesn't mean much with Verizon. Might as well be 1X connection for data.
pebapydu.jpg

trook

Sep 7, 2010
Costa Mesa CA
Wow that's a great speed. I'm going to fire up my old S4 and see if that's what I get!

Pauls57

Apr 2, 2014
Buffalo
Had several conversations with verizon after sending an email to the regional president. They claim that the coverage should be good in my location and can't explain why the signal is so poor here (-115). They're looking into it?

dracon6ai

Sep 21, 2009
I got 69Mbps down and 19Mbps up yesterday in Gallatin TN (just shy of Nashville TN).

justpastfinish

Dec 5, 2008
Typical at my house.....pathetic. And I use their hotspot for my home WiFi. Its terrible. Hoping for a tower update or something soon.

Phoenix area, az

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417755134954.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417755134954.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 204

evltwn72

Jan 27, 2011
Phx, AZ
Last August here in Phoenix AZ.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using XDA mobile app.

Attachments

• 1418110815281.jpg
    1418110815281.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 150

Echo5Kilo

May 27, 2011
I have nothing but love for Verizon. They've been good to me. Reliable and good speeds/connection. Still hanging on to my unlimited data too. Milwaukee, WI

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-24-10-10-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-24-10-10-31.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 116

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Near 44th St and Osborn, right where T-Mobile's coverage maps show a huge hole. VZW shows perfect coverage, of course, but they lie, only T-Mo has fairly accurate coverage maps, VZW, AT&T and Sprint maps are "pretty inaccurate."

Pretty inaccurate = complete total lies! <G>

Weird, are you using the new radios and such? Do you ever go to north phoenix or west?
    I work on the Verizon AWS network deployment (so cal) and I have to say that it will get faster and better once we do 2nd carrier and they actually fire up all the future crap we add to the towers but T-Mobile is the fastest right now.

It's the AWS rollout man, there are alarms everywhere that I'm running around fixing all over from Irvine to Barstow, it's going to go on for another month or so and then you'll see a huge difference. There's guy's out right now making adjustments to optimize the sites, it takes time but we're getting it done and the rf engineers know what they're doing. Believe me they want these sites taking as much traffic as possible. Call and complain and they WILL open a trouble ticket.

I've called, they do open a trouble ticket, but nothing further happens. Stayed on the phone with support for almost an hour, they said they would follow up, but never did. In the meantime, we're being charged for a data plan that isn't much use.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app