Cant Make Calls- ICS

Search This thread

tehee

Dec 5, 2011
Mississauga
Hey guys,

Im currently using a i727r on ICS and i seem to have a really weird problem. I seem to be able to call when I flash a rom, but then out of the blue, it just stops working and i cannot make any calls. I can still send texts and stuff but just no calling. I have tried both UCLD and UCLC modems and roms but I still get the same problem. However, this problem doesnt happen on GB with the UCLA modem.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem, and if so did you solve it? Thanks for the feedback

tehee

Dec 5, 2011
Mississauga
Woops!

Well i meant for this to be mostly stating a problem i realized with ICS rather then a question thats why I thought I would post here.

fly32

Jul 2, 2011
Rogers

I see you're on Rogers, like me.

Turns out the modem settings default to ATT so the GSM band is limited to ATT.
You have to go *#2263# in the phone dialer
- Select GSM Band Preference
- Select GSM ALL
- hit the left haptic button and select END

I hope this helps.

EDIT: Doh! I just realized this turns off data. Must be something wrong with the LTE APN setting.

Last edited:
Reactions: tehee

tehee

Dec 5, 2011
Mississauga

- Select GSM ALL

I hope this helps.

EDIT: Doh! I just realized this turns off data. Must be something wrong with the LTE APN setting.

Ya I just realized that too. Thanks for the help anyways, guess im sticking to GB

tehee

Dec 5, 2011
Mississauga
OK so I was able to narrow the problem down.

So, I flashed ICS, calls worked.

Changed APNs still worked no LTE though.

Finally, did the *#2263# and set the LTE band as prefered. Then I rebooted, and I got LTE but lost calling.

So its definitly the band or the apn thats causing this problem. So now its just choose between LTE or calling which sucks.

Hope that helps.

Going to try the UCLD2 roms now, ill report back in a few

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010

Finally, did the *#2263# and set the LTE band as prefered. Then I rebooted, and I got LTE but lost calling.

So its definitly the band or the apn thats causing this problem. So now its just choose between LTE or calling which sucks.

Hope that helps.

uhh bud, the problem could be u only half did this right. After u enable all lte bands u have to menu > exit, dial back in using *#2263#* and then select automatic and then reboot.

There is no such thing as voice over LTE, its data only. When in call ur phone automatically switches to 4g, but u have auto turned off right now

Reactions: tehee

tehee

Dec 5, 2011
Mississauga
uhh bud, the problem could be u only half did this right. After u enable all lte bands u have to menu > exit, dial back in using *#2263#* and then select automatic and then reboot.

There is no such thing as voice over LTE, its data only. When in call ur phone automatically switches to 4g, but u have auto turned off right now

Oh alright, well Im not gunna try that right now as i got it to work on UCLD2 modem and dont want to mess it up.

But ya thanks for the help everyone

fly32

Jul 2, 2011
I solved it by adding these 3 APNs. You also need to go back into *#2263# and select LTE, let it establish connection, then go back and change it to Automatic. Note that LTE isn't everywhere so just because you don't get LTE doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Name: Rogers LTE Internet
APN: ltemobile.apn
MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69
MMS port: 80
MMC: 302
MNC: 702
APN type: internet + mms

Note: Bearer is set to "Unspecified" -- this is the real culprit since AT&T instructions say to set to LTE.

However, I set up these 2 just in case:

Name: Rogers
APN: internet.com
User name: wapuser1
Password: wap
MMC: 302
MNC: 720
APN type: internet + mms

Name: Rogers MMS
APN: media.com
Username: media
Password: mda01
Server: 172.25.0.107
MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 720
APN Type: mms

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bet if you posted your question here http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1401

You would recieve some answers.
    Rogers

- Select GSM ALL

I hope this helps.

Hope that helps.