[Q] un-root

Search This thread

kmtz3

May 31, 2011
near albuquerque
Hello friendly xda people!
I am tryng to unroot my evo because it's giving me some problems, I will hopefully be sending it back on monday. I have tried to use clockwork mod and amon ra recovery to flash the unrevoked forever s-on.zip file. My phone keeps telling me installation aborted. Is there an new s-on tool? or am I missing something? I followed the instructions in the un-root the evo forum of the development section.

teh roxxorz

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2010
Try it again, make sure you have the 2.15....11.19 radio, then try again. Also re download the s on tool, as it may be corrupt.

This epic reply brought to you by none other than my roxx'd out Evo.

Reactions: kmtz3

shortydoggg

Apr 11, 2011
is radio the same as baseband version?
baseband version says

There is no way around it. To flash S-ON, you have to downgrade your baseband (radio) because 2.15.00.05.02 has been patched to not accept unrevoked.

You can go to

http://www.mediafire.com/?2pjq2dhjv6ntxnh

and download the 2.15.00.11.19 radio. Place on the root of your SD card and flash from your recovery.

ALSO, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT DURING A RADIO FLASH TO NOT PULL THE BATTERY IF THE PHONE APPEARS TO STICK, OR IT IS A SURE WAY TO BRICK IT. JUST LET THE PROGRAM DO ITS THING AND FINISH.

Last edited:

kmtz3

May 31, 2011
near albuquerque
so I successfully flashed the radio and the s-on tool and when I was getting ready to mount the sd card. it would not mount through amon ra, It kept telling me sd card busy, so I rebooted. Now I have s-on and still have the superuser app. I was not able to flash the pcimg through hboot. Did I mess it up?

mattykinsx

Jul 7, 2010
so I successfully flashed the radio and the s-on tool and when I was getting ready to mount the sd card. it would not mount through amon ra, It kept telling me sd card busy, so I rebooted. Now I have s-on and still have the superuser app. I was not able to flash the pcimg through hboot. Did I mess it up?

You have the radio s-on.
You're trying to unroot so now the last step is to download this:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VSFLE9CD

Rename it PC36IMG.zip. [Make sure it's NOT PC36IMG.zip.zip]

Boot into the bootloader and accept the update.

Ta-da. You're unrooted.

Deadbolt

Sep 2, 2008
I am having the same problem, looks like the s-on tool wasn't being flashed because of my radio...is it safe to flash the radio through ROM manager with Amon RA or Clockworkmod recovery? (broken power button)

Deadbolt

Sep 2, 2008
I am having a real hard time getting anything to work or flash. I tried flashing the radio through ROM manager using clockworkmod and it scrolls real fast and reboots and see the radio is the same...i use Amon Ra recovery and it says..

Build: RA-Supersonic-v2.3
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Extracting radio image...

And then it just stops and gives me the option to reboot, USB-MS toggle, backup/restore, etc as if it's done. It did it all super fast and didn't say that installation was complete or anything. What am I doing wrong?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try it again, make sure you have the 2.15....11.19 radio, then try again. Also re download the s on tool, as it may be corrupt.

This epic reply brought to you by none other than my roxx'd out Evo.
    How did you root your Evo? Unrevoked? Revolution? The unroot process is not the same for these two methods.
    is radio the same as baseband version?
    baseband version says

There is no way around it. To flash S-ON, you have to downgrade your baseband (radio) because 2.15.00.05.02 has been patched to not accept unrevoked.

You can go to

http://www.mediafire.com/?2pjq2dhjv6ntxnh

and download the 2.15.00.11.19 radio. Place on the root of your SD card and flash from your recovery.

ALSO, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT DURING A RADIO FLASH TO NOT PULL THE BATTERY IF THE PHONE APPEARS TO STICK, OR IT IS A SURE WAY TO BRICK IT. JUST LET THE PROGRAM DO ITS THING AND FINISH.

You have the radio s-on.
    You're trying to unroot so now the last step is to download this:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VSFLE9CD

Rename it PC36IMG.zip. [Make sure it's NOT PC36IMG.zip.zip]

Boot into the bootloader and accept the update.

Ta-da. You're unrooted.