Seidio Battery?

Search This thread

xTMFxOffshore

Sep 1, 2011
San Diego
So for some reason I seem to recall Seidio having a normal size battery for the Evo that was a jump up in mah. I wonder if they will do the same for the Photon. Thoughts?

yyk981

Dec 19, 2010
I hope so but don't know if I'm going to hold my breath. The Evo was a lot more popular than the photon thus far. Seidio has to deem it worthwhile to research and produce.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

bigriggy63

Nov 2, 2008
Actually, seidio does have an extended battery in development! Check out their online storefront, should be 69 bucks ....coming soon for our mopho :)

cutter2668

Sep 22, 2011
photon extended battery now shipping at seidio

ordered my photon 4g extended battery from seideo, will arrive tomorrow and I will also report back on my impressions and battery performance

having one of the seidio extendeds for my evo4g I cant wait for my photons extended battery to arrive

Jason.William

Oct 11, 2011
Mines on its way too, but I'm a bit worried about how the phone is going to handle reporting its level. I've been using one of those cheap eBay 1950mAh bats for a couple days now and even after a calibration, the level will hit 5% in less than an hour, and stay there the rest of the day.

Reactions: bigriggy63

cutter2668

Sep 22, 2011
New Seidio Extended Battery For PHoton 4g Arrived Today

Got mine today had it overnighted from seidio ( they are in houston) anyhow the fit and finish are nice on the battery cover, has that rubberized feel.

The battery is not as large as I expected, the cover fits quite nicely and is padded, no issues whatsoever, the speaker grill is more open and allows more sound from the phone.

I have put the phone on the charger for the initial 8 hour period as recommended by seidio so i havent used it yet.

What I can tell you is the product has a professional look and feel, I can also tell you that it is not as bulky at the extended battery on the evo 4g also from seidio, it is also considerably lighter with the photon than the evo 4g is with its seidio extended battery, personally I find both with the evo and now with the photon that the extended battery makes the phone much easier to handle and more comfortable not to mention all that extra battery life. Will report back on my first few days of use. What I can tell you in regards to my seidio extended battery on the evo4g is that it generally lasts me two and a half days, no need to carry a charger or extra battery around, seidio does not currently have an innocase for the extended photon battery but they do have a few cases for the evo 4g extended battery so if thats something important to you im sure they will make one in the near future. I just use a belt clip case I bought at best buy that was large enough for the evo with an extended battery ( works well for the photon as well).

If you have ever used these extended batteries or wonder if they make your phone awkward? Rest assured Seidio has done a very good job on this battery and the phone feels quite normal, quite comfortable while using it. All kickstand, noise cancelling ports, speaker grille are present and well made.

Get yours today you wont be sorry

LexLuger82

May 25, 2011
Got mine today had it overnighted from seidio ( they are in houston) anyhow the fit and finish are nice on the battery cover, has that rubberized feel.

The battery is not as large as I expected, the cover fits quite nicely and is padded, no issues whatsoever, the speaker grill is more open and allows more sound from the phone.

I have put the phone on the charger for the initial 8 hour period as recommended by seidio so i havent used it yet.

What I can tell you is the product has a professional look and feel, I can also tell you that it is not as bulky at the extended battery on the evo 4g also from seidio, it is also considerably lighter with the photon than the evo 4g is with its seidio extended battery, personally I find both with the evo and now with the photon that the extended battery makes the phone much easier to handle and more comfortable not to mention all that extra battery life. Will report back on my first few days of use. What I can tell you in regards to my seidio extended battery on the evo4g is that it generally lasts me two and a half days, no need to carry a charger or extra battery around, seidio does not currently have an innocase for the extended photon battery but they do have a few cases for the evo 4g extended battery so if thats something important to you im sure they will make one in the near future. I just use a belt clip case I bought at best buy that was large enough for the evo with an extended battery ( works well for the photon as well).

If you have ever used these extended batteries or wonder if they make your phone awkward? Rest assured Seidio has done a very good job on this battery and the phone feels quite normal, quite comfortable while using it. All kickstand, noise cancelling ports, speaker grille are present and well made.

Get yours today you wont be sorry

How much was it?

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

Jason.William

Oct 11, 2011
Got mine today and so far so good. The fit of the new battery door to the phone is fantastic. But the fit from the door to the battery is too loose. Just setting the phone down on a table normally will jar it enough to reset it. I folded and cut a piece of papertowel to wedge in there and that's solved the issue.

RhinoDoc

Aug 21, 2008
I have yet to buy a holster like I did for my Hero and Evo because the vibration and ringer are good enough that I just carry it in my pocket. Will it fit in a front pocket with the extended battery?

cutter2668

Sep 22, 2011
Seidio Extended performance

Have used my photon all day with the extended battery, three hours of talk, hour of texting, browsing through the market, some speedtests, craigslist, battery is at 50 percent after a full days use with background data enabled.

My battery has no fit issues at all, back cover fits snugly no issues no jarring not loose. Feels great in hand and as mentioned previously much lighter than the extneded battery for the evo 4g. Seidio has dont a great job with this extended battery, hardly adds any bulk and makes the phone more comforatble to hold while texting, browsing etc. Standard battery couldnt make it through a day, on first charge the extended seidio is at 50 percent!!

Those who buy this battery should fully charge it for 8 hours after installation and run the battery down a few times to get the best life from it. Turn the phone off while charging and allow it to charge a couple more hours after the indicator turns green.

The cover fits great and I am very satisfied with the battery soo far, using a generic case from best buy that hooks to my belt ( the black one that they advertise for large phones around 4 inches fits in this pouch with no problems and room to spare).

Pics to come when I figure out how to post them here lol.

the price is 69 dollars for this battery, best price around for a 3500 mah extended battery

speaker grill on the back cover is excellent and gives you more sound, had to turn my volume down

great battery and back cover and only 20 bucks more than a standard battery from motorola the back cover has some padding on it to give it a snug fit against the battery, previous poster had issues wiht theirs, none with mine at all, suggest you return yours for a new back cover this battery is great

---------- Post added at 03:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 AM ----------

Mines on its way too, but I'm a bit worried about how the phone is going to handle reporting its level. I've been using one of those cheap eBay 1950mAh bats for a couple days now and even after a calibration, the level will hit 5% in less than an hour, and stay there the rest of the day.

many of those cheap batteries are not capable of the mah they claim to be, often these knockoffs will just have weights in them instead of a genuine sized cell, some of these batteries are known to catch fire and some can also ruin your phone, I would steer clear of them especially ones made in china, just a ripoff

seidio extended has genuine japanese cells, battery level at a stable 50 percent after heavy use all day on this 3500 mah beauty, back cover is of the same quality as the original back cover

will fit in your pocket although I never recommend carrying a phone that way, especially if you have keys in your pocket

seidio will probably have an extended innocase that will fit the extended battery just like they have for the evo4g and other phones, generic holster from best buy 24 bucks and suits my needs perfectly

no batteries to carry around, no charger to carry around, worry free day with no thoughts of charging

Last edited:

LexLuger82

May 25, 2011
Have used my photon all day with the extended battery, three hours of talk, hour of texting, browsing through the market, some speedtests, craigslist, battery is at 50 percent after a full days use with background data enabled.

My battery has no fit issues at all, back cover fits snugly no issues no jarring not loose. Feels great in hand and as mentioned previously much lighter than the extneded battery for the evo 4g. Seidio has dont a great job with this extended battery, hardly adds any bulk and makes the phone more comforatble to hold while texting, browsing etc. Standard battery couldnt make it through a day, on first charge the extended seidio is at 50 percent!!

Those who buy this battery should fully charge it for 8 hours after installation and run the battery down a few times to get the best life from it. Turn the phone off while charging and allow it to charge a couple more hours after the indicator turns green.

The cover fits great and I am very satisfied with the battery soo far, using a generic case from best buy that hooks to my belt ( the black one that they advertise for large phones around 4 inches fits in this pouch with no problems and room to spare).

Pics to come when I figure out how to post them here lol.

the price is 69 dollars for this battery, best price around for a 3500 mah extended battery

speaker grill on the back cover is excellent and gives you more sound, had to turn my volume down

great battery and back cover and only 20 bucks more than a standard battery from motorola the back cover has some padding on it to give it a snug fit against the battery, previous poster had issues wiht theirs, none with mine at all, suggest you return yours for a new back cover this battery is great

---------- Post added at 03:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 AM ----------

many of those cheap batteries are not capable of the mah they claim to be, often these knockoffs will just have weights in them instead of a genuine sized cell, some of these batteries are known to catch fire and some can also ruin your phone, I would steer clear of them especially ones made in china, just a ripoff

seidio extended has genuine japanese cells, battery level at a stable 50 percent after heavy use all day on this 3500 mah beauty, back cover is of the same quality as the original back cover

will fit in your pocket although I never recommend carrying a phone that way, especially if you have keys in your pocket

seidio will probably have an extended innocase that will fit the extended battery just like they have for the evo4g and other phones, generic holster from best buy 24 bucks and suits my needs perfectly

no batteries to carry around, no charger to carry around, worry free day with no thoughts of charging

How much is it?

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Battery Shipped out today! Should have it by the weekend; I will happily report back with my Results.

Bigriggy63