[VIDEOS] How to Root, recovery, roms, and much more

Search This thread

greatmanu

Dec 3, 2013
Hi there,

i'm new here.

I unboxed my new kindle fire hd today.

Is there any possibility to root a device with version 11.3.1.0 ???

thx
greatmanu

frankm123

Apr 16, 2011
Hi,
I have a rooted Kindle Fire HD 7 2012 with 7.2.2. In the video you flash kfhd7-freedom-boot-7.4.6.img which fits to the version of your installed Firmware.
Which files must I flash to avoid bricking my Kindle. And where can I get it if I have to use another img-file
Thanks
Frank

Tomsgt

Hi,
I have a rooted Kindle Fire HD 7 2012 with 7.2.2. In the video you flash kfhd7-freedom-boot-7.4.6.img which fits to the version of your installed Firmware.
Which files must I flash to avoid bricking my Kindle. And where can I get it if I have to use another img-file
Thanks
Frank

here yu go this is all of hashcodes files on the tate / kindle fire HD
http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/tate/

Reactions: frankm123

Elgari

Mar 20, 2013
Tacuarembó
New Video added to OP should help some of you out.

I would like to install 7.4.6 (have 7.2.3) with fire flash (y have just intalled 2nd-bootloader + TWRP 2.6.3.1), but I cant

I download kfhd7-freedom-boot-7.4.6.img from Hashcode, run Fire Flash and then select in Boot Partition the Hashcode 7.4.6 img. Select Apply stack override and flash. The process run Ok, but I´m still in 7.2.3. Any idea of what iI´m doing wrong?

All this things I tried is because my Kindle shutoff itself without any appareant reason. I read related posts (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2380191; http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2161719) but I cant fix the problem.

Thank you.

Tomsgt

I would like to install 7.4.6 (have 7.2.3) with fire flash (y have just intalled 2nd-bootloader + TWRP 2.6.3.1), but I cant

I download kfhd7-freedom-boot-7.4.6.img from Hashcode, run Fire Flash and then select in Boot Partition the Hashcode 7.4.6 img. Select Apply stack override and flash. The process run Ok, but I´m still in 7.2.3. Any idea of what iI´m doing wrong?

All this things I tried is because my Kindle shutoff itself without any appareant reason. I read related posts (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2380191; http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2161719) but I cant fix the problem.

Thank you.

The freedom boot file is just a boot.img file not a system.img. A boot.img is the file that boots the system. So it will not change your system. If you want to update the device to 7.4.6 and have 2nd bootloader and twrp installed just search for a stock 7.4.6 rom and flash it in twrp

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Elgari

Mar 20, 2013
Tacuarembó
The freedom boot file is just a boot.img file not a system.img. A boot.img is the file that boots the system. So it will not change your system. If you want to update the device to 7.4.6 and have 2nd bootloader and twrp installed just search for a stock 7.4.6 rom and flash it in twrp

Ok, thank you. I ve installed stock 7.4.1 rom from Hashcode (no find 7.4.6). Work good, but my problem of shutdown continue!

Thanks again

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest

When using FireFlash you flash a freedom boot.img and TWRP. This can only be done from stock. After stock, you need a zip with the necessary files in it. This is something that gets buy newer folks.

That said, I have seen a lot of complaints about random un-fixable shutdowns all over. Even a system restore and letting Amazon push OTA updates is not fixing it. Probably some hardware or software issue. If it were me, I would see what Amazon would do for warranty.

Edit: Oops, I meant to quote Elgari. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

mrdave60

Jun 26, 2013
Not sure what to do?

OK, My kindle rooted fine, I got TWRP and 2nd bootloader to installed and did a backup, downloaded cm11 and gapps into my download folder,got into TWRP and did a wipe added zip files hit install, everything was going good and about 4 minutes into the install I got a message on the screen saying that said "system UI has stopped" then the screen went black. I waited a few minutes hit the power button and now I'm get a "cyanogenmod account has stopped"
Do I go back into TWRP and install my backup or try installing a different cm version ?

Last edited:

Tomsgt

OK, My kindle rooted fine, I got TWRP and 2nd bootloader to installed and did a backup, downloaded cm11 and gapps into my download folder,got into TWRP and did a wipe added zip files hit install, everything was going good and about 4 minutes into the install I got a message on the screen saying that said "system UI has stopped" then the screen went black. I waited a few minutes hit the power button and now I'm get a "cyanogenmod account has stopped"
Do I go back into TWRP and install my backup or try installing a different cm version ?

Either is file restore or download a different cm

mrdave60

Jun 26, 2013
I think cm11 fully installed, I can adb to my kindle and get a device number and I can see all the files in the kindle on my laptop. I just don't have any user interface screen on my kindle.

Problem solved I held down the power button and the volume up and down buttons at the same time for about 15 seconds ,then release them and when it booted up every thing was fine. Running cm11

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dude You Are A Life Saver!

I Been Trying To Root My Girlfriends Kindle All Day Today, And Simply Bypassed Your Thread The Entire Time,

Very Clear Instructions, Very Easy Root Method , Superb:good:

I Have A Question, Now That I Am Rooted, How Can I Get The Google Play Store Installed On This Thing.

And Is There Any Stable ROMs Available For This Device?

Thanks In Advance Pal

Does your Kindle have a front facing camera? If yes,you have the 2012 Kindle fire HD. You can flash a custom rom after flashing the 2nd Bootloader and TWRP recovery. If your tablet is a 7",you can go to my Flasher thread and use it to flash them. If it's an 8.9", you can search the 8.9" Forums and follow Hashcode's thread.

However,if it does NOT have a front facing camera, you have the 2013 Kindle Fire HD. As of now,no custom ROMs are available for it due to the locked bootloader.

Sent from my CM 11 Device
    Thanks for the reply. One more noob question. Would it be safe to download the ROM and gapps zips straight to the kindle device and go from there? Or perhaps downloading the files and putting them into dropbox and downloading from there. The only reason I ask is because I used a friends PC to free my device and steps seem harder to do on macs. I did see some md5 checker apps in the Google play store. Not sure if this process is safe to do.
    Yep. It's perfectly safe. Just use ES file explorer to verify the md5 checksum of both the zips(just in case).
    Really nice idea thats will make things easier for beginners most because the kindle Fire its kind a hard to do everthing , Muy Buen Trabajo :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Free mobile app
    hopefully this isn't too dumb of a question...

I'm trying to get this up and running for my daughter who has mild cp (cerebral palsy). I don't want to bind a credit card or gift card to her amazon account for obvious reasons... my objective is to be able to get her android app store on this device so she can download all the free apps she wants. (Amazon requires a credit card or gift card to download FREE apps). I have the device rooted, but from watching the first few minutes of your video you say to download the file manager. I can't do that without binding a credit card or gift card to her account. Am i going to have to get her a small gift card to get this done so that i can download the apps needed, or is there another way? Google search of this problem wasn't much help...

You can use snappea to transfer the apk file of the file manager. Before that,enable "Allow installation of applications from unknown sources". You can transfer it via WiFi or USB. For USB,android debugging must be enabled.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app