Unlocking Focus S

Search This thread

drpratik

Jan 7, 2011
Lets try freedomobile.
They claiming can do hundred %

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

It's in eBay and PayPal protection.

dazza9075

Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk
networkunlockcodes
cell-unlock
Mobile2Mobile
foneszone
unlocktotalk
fonefunshop.co.uk

all failed to give me a code

updated

Last edited:

drpratik

Jan 7, 2011
If such is a case, lets do freedomobile.
I have got excellent service from them.
Always got codes within minutes and best was AT&T iPhone unlock,

It was done within 10 min. He emailed me to put sim of another carrier and it worked.

I am going with freedomobile.

Thanks for feedback.
I will post how it went.
Tonight I am getting it done.

dazza9075

Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk
If such is a case, lets do freedomobile.
I have got excellent service from them.
Always got codes within minutes and best was AT&T iPhone unlock,

It was done within 10 min. He emailed me to put sim of another carrier and it worked.

I am going with freedomobile.

Thanks for feedback.
I will post how it went.
Tonight I am getting it done.

good luck, let us know how you got on, all of the above services said they could do it, but got back a few hours later that it wasnt possible but i could try this other service that was twice as expencive and that would work. all sounds a bit dodgy if you ask me

the cell-unlock one said that their 100% sure they can do it, but again, no joy so far and they offer a special service that im sure will work only it costs a lot more.

this http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/unlock/index.php one doesnt seem to offer a advanced service for that phone, they also will give all of the unlock/unfreeze codes in one go, and they say they can do it too, so touch wood if the other one fails they will do it.

many many moons ago this used to be free, now there is a industry out of it and most of them seem to operate on the "squeeze them for all its worth" business model.

ah-le-le

Jun 23, 2012
finally i succesfully unlocked my samsung focus s thanks to the video tutorial i've seen on youtube

A real method of unlocking it, or is the video just an advertisement for some service?

Seriously though. I cannot seem to unlock mine at all. So far 3 places could not do it. Even Fastgsm via USB method failed. Is there anybody who can do it for less than $20? Otherwise, it seems like all the other services that claim to be able to unlock the Focus S are charging $25-30.

acryn

Jun 20, 2010
lipa city
fslclan.team-forum.net
are you talking about a sim unlock?and after unlocked you can use any sim card?anyway i've got my phone unlocked already open line to all network,:p here's what i meant i've unlocked my focus s via interop unlock tricks not unlocking sim to any network:Dim able to download 3rd party apps unlike the locked device came to nought,can't install apps from 3rd party:(

ah-le-le

Jun 23, 2012
Hmm. I thought this thread was about sim unlocking the Focus S. Oh well. Hate to do it, but it looks like the only way to sim unlock my device is to pay the big bucks.

dazza9075

Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk
Its an exclusive phone so it stands to reason unlock codes will be few and far between, I tried several places and as mentioned above, I finally got one of them to work, have you tried them?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

acryn

Jun 20, 2010
lipa city
fslclan.team-forum.net
Its an exclusive phone so it stands to reason unlock codes will be few and far between, I tried several places and as mentioned above, I finally got one of them to work, have you tried them?

Hmm. I thought this thread was about sim unlocking the Focus S. Oh well. Hate to do it, but it looks like the only way to sim unlock my device is to pay the big bucks.

Maybe I'm wrong thread I read I ask for forgiveness, combined simcard discussed in this thread I suppose to unlock the samsung focus s

ah-le-le

Jun 23, 2012
Maybe I'm wrong thread I read I ask for forgiveness, combined simcard discussed in this thread I suppose to unlock the samsung focus s

No big deal. I did think for a second that had you found something on Youtube that told you how to sim unlock a Focus S.

Not yet as they seem to be right up there at the top as far as costs are concerned. If I run out of options, that is where I will likely end up.

dazza9075

Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk
No big deal. I did think for a second that had you found something on Youtube that told you how to sim unlock a Focus S.

Not yet as they seem to be right up there at the top as far as costs are concerned. If I run out of options, that is where I will likely end up.

Welcome to capitalism ;) if its hard to find then those that do sell it will sell it for a premium!

you know, many many years ago on this website the "in thing" for unlocking phones was to share the exploit and do it freely, then you saw these people realise they could make money out of it and thus those days died under a tidal wave of greed. But I suppose people deserve reward for their efforts.

I don't know how but in theory there should be a way of doing it yourself for free, you have all the information on the phone and can probably access it via QPST or CDMA Tools but its a bit risky if you don't know how :S

acryn

Jun 20, 2010
lipa city
fslclan.team-forum.net
Man many greedy money in this world, why do not just let be free to unlock a cellphone or sim card for the sake of others, they do business just to get rich, if I know how to unlock sim card,come on service to me free no charge, but it's impossible millions of cellphones around the world to wait hahaha,anyway i hope to all cellphone manufacturer so please when making cellphone please provide and guaranteed unlocked simcard phone or open to all networks in that case we use our phone so easily no more problems

dazza9075

Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk
I have a fully paid for phone, no contract at all with ATT, working in the UK under 02 By rights I should have the Unlock code free and I shouldn't have ATT nags telling me I can't have ICS and yet Samsung, att and 02 will have nothing to do with it! I can't see how that's even legal let alone moral. This I did it all my self at my expense :(

ah-le-le

Jun 23, 2012
I think what happened in the last week or so was At&t started giving out Focus S unlock codes to its own customers. Previously, you had to use somebody's secret method of finding the code. Hence, the hefty prices. Now, these websites can just contact At&t and get the code which means prices have dropped. Of course, this only works in the US with an At&t Focus S. Since I never had an account with At&t, I just let Fastgsm contact them and get a code. So even though it is not free, I am not complaining at all since the price is now $5 (regularly $10). Lowest price on ebay nowadays is $7.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Focus released in Novemeber 2010
    Unlock codes available from AT&T May 2011.
    It was unlockable via websites much earlier.

Sent from my Focus using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
    First unlocking (paid) last week of November 2010.
    Shortly after Focus released.
    to soon? :)
    I really want to go to an ATT store and pick up a off contract Samsung Focus S... of course i'm not going to use ATT (ugh.. in NYC they are so bad.. and, we all know they have crazy $$ limited data plans).
    Do we assume unlock code ppl will be able to take care of it or should i wait a bit?

I'm going with T-mobile edge (ugh) and i always carry around a clearwire hotspot (it zooms in manhattan and brooklyn.. always get 10mb+) for the data.

If there is no unlock now for it.. this thread will be useful when there is :)

Hi,

I'm reliably informed by a guy in the UK who has one from AT&T and got it unlocked by fastgsm dot com I also bought one from AT&T Florida, well I didn't a freind of mine who is on holiday in the USA did, and I get it on Tuesday when he's back. I will be using fastgsm dot com and will post the outcome

Hope this Helps
    I bought the Focus S this weekend and got it unlocked from the Samsung unlock site mentioned earlier in the thread. I'm now using it on TELUS in Canada.

Only issues I've found so far is that both MMS and Internet Sharing don't work. Once the Cheveron unlocker is available again I'll dev unlock it and see if I can get those features working.

Tredell