Can't stop an MP3 ring tone after receiving message

Search This thread

Biffy

Aug 14, 2007
On my Kaiser, when I got a text message a long MP3 would play which I could cancel by pressing the Red call hang up button.

Very annoyingly on the HD2 there doesn't seem to be any way to stop the MP3 so it just keeps on playing for a few minutes. The hang up button just switches off the display but the song carries on playing.

Anyone have an idea for a workaround?

Biffy

Aug 14, 2007
Unfortunately it's not that simple. I need the whole MP3 to play until I cancel it.

As I need the text message to wake me up if sleeping or be heard from another room etc.

bugsy

Jun 29, 2005
I don't have an HD2 yet, but can't you just turn it over to stop the tone?

cilf

Oct 17, 2009
the only way i found out is long pressing end call button and tap "set vibrate".. also pretty disappointed by this behaviour :(

snowblindd

May 22, 2008
Tg.-Mures
This happens on all htc devices (and as far as i know on all windows mobile phones), your sms tone is set to ALERTS, meaning that it will play the whole song before it stops. I think you should switch to a shorter alert tone.

Biffy

Aug 14, 2007
It doesn't happen on all windows phones as my Kaiser could stop the song, but I was using a newer 6.5 build I guess, although I did think all 6.5 roms had the capability of stopping the mp3.

br3nt

Jul 23, 2008
then I've got nothing...
tried looking in settings under the sound and notifications?

Biffy

Aug 14, 2007
Yes :)

I think it's just a fault that hasn't been fixed in 6.5 but has in 6.5.1. So once custom roms are out that will be a solution.

dataSaMm

Dec 13, 2008
off topic kinda... how did all of you get mp3 for text messages going anyways?

I got all my tracks in Storage Card/My Documents, when I change my ringtones they appear in the list.

I haven't found any solutions to stop the sms but when it is a calendar related the music stops as soon as you press dismiss or view the appointment, perhaps there is a key there that can be transferred to sms functions?