Pioneer R1 tablet stock rom Needed.

Search This thread

ro0ks

Mar 19, 2014
I knew I should have backed up the rom once i rooted the device /facepalm

If anyone who has picked up the tablet and rooted it can dump the stock rom,
Id GREATLY appreciate it , as Im getting nowhere with customer service and I refuse to send it in.

Harrson

Oct 31, 2008
I knew I should have backed up the rom once i rooted the device /facepalm

If anyone who has picked up the tablet and rooted it can dump the stock rom,
Id GREATLY appreciate it , as Im getting nowhere with customer service and I refuse to send it in.

Did you ever have any luck with this? I've got an R1 that hangs at the Pioneer logo and won't go any further. Additionally, my attempts to find out how to get to recovery mode have been fruitless.

ro0ks99

Jun 12, 2014
utter trash tablet

I managed to dump the stock rom but without anyway to boot into recovery, it was worthless.

As far as anyone could tell me there is NO recovery mode for that tablet and the only way to fix it is to send it back.

I ended up sending the tablet in for a replacement , and that one lasted a month, the next one lasted 2 months, and i repeatedly communicated thru email to the actual tablet manufacture esi. After 3 replacements they authorized a full refund.

Which i used 16 $ to buy a used nook hd and promptly installed kitkat on.

Esi's email is : techsupport@esintl.com

Harrson

Oct 31, 2008
I managed to dump the stock rom but without anyway to boot into recovery, it was worthless.

As far as anyone could tell me there is NO recovery mode for that tablet and the only way to fix it is to send it back.

I ended up sending the tablet in for a replacement , and that one lasted a month, the next one lasted 2 months, and i repeatedly communicated thru email to the actual tablet manufacture esi. After 3 replacements they authorized a full refund.

Which i used 16 $ to buy a used nook hd and promptly installed kitkat on.

Esi's email is : techsupport@esintl.com

Outstanding - I hadn't had any luck getting a good contact method.

I'm with you that it's crap, but I got it for free and I don't like it when technology beats me.

I'll email them and see if I can get a hold of the files I need to flash.

Thanks!

(note: I read your other thread first)

Last edited:

ro0ks99

Jun 12, 2014
Outstanding - I hadn't had any luck getting a good contact method.

I'm with you that it's crap, but I got it for free and I don't like it when technology beats me.

I'll email them and see if I can get a hold of the files I need to flash.

Thanks!

(note: I read your other thread first)

Have you had any luck with esi ? The last time I brought up flashing the tablet they told me they couldn't release it to me and they would look into building a recovery into an update.

Also , in handling 4 different units they seemed to vary by a large margin, 1 tablets WiFi was very weak, another was inverted ( everything displayed with the plug side at the top) hmmm let's see the 3rd one had issues switching to landscape mode. The last one was just slow straight out of the box, anything I did took 3x as long to load then my wife's nook HD.

Also if it helps in post 8 of this thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2735871
I have a link to the stock ROM I compiled from the second tablet, I never got a chance to use it due to different problems with the 2nd to final tablet.

2nd slept on me and screen never came back on( returned)
3rd refused to charge after awhile, battery soldered to mainboard( returned)
4th went thru various "services are stopping" constantly, and finally wouldn't load after lock screen.

Keep in mind not only did I factory reset these tablets(inside the main settings menu) anytime it seemed like it wasn't responding properly, most of the issues never went away.

Icecypher659

Mar 23, 2015
Hello everyone i managed after tons of research n alot of pain successfully unbricked my pioneer r1 tablet but the rom i used isn't stock used a Spanish off shoot android os have a homebrew stock of original but i can't get it to work n I've reached my expertise limit ppl i got full working recovery but before i post need help badly. Almost deep bricked my tablet twice so i need help with final build.
But FYI after trial n error u have to load from sd card with special aml app long story short recovery is acceptable by pluging in charger or USB n having proper zip file in on sd but i can't use recovery screen cauae no vol buttons plz help I've tried everything

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

N thank you rook 99 your Rom helped but wasn't perfect

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Hello everyone i managed after tons of research n alot of pain successfully unbricked my pioneer r1 tablet but the rom i used isn't stock used a Spanish off shoot android os have a homebrew stock of original but i can't get it to work n I've reached my expertise limit ppl i got full working recovery but before i post need help badly. Almost deep bricked my tablet twice so i need help with final build.
But FYI after trial n error u have to load from sd card with special aml app long story short recovery is acceptable by pluging in charger or USB n having proper zip file in on sd but i can't use recovery screen cauae no vol buttons plz help I've tried everything

N thank you rook 99 your Rom helped but wasn't perfect

brandonlee96

May 3, 2014
I know exactly how to get this tablet in recovey mode easily
1.make sure yov usb debugging mode on if not you cant do this
2.get adb. Zip file online somewhere
3.have your tablet on and have it trying to boot up
4.have your computer install the tablet drivers
5.once installed open up adb running as a adim
6.put in (adb devices) then it sould list this device
7.next put in (adb reboot recovery) and bam your pionner r1 tablet is in recovey mode

I did this when i bricked my r1 tablet and did a factory reset by this but that didnt fix my issue so i have to take it to pionner for them to fix my bricked tablet for $15 and they did just got it back a week and a half ago thx you for your rom:)

ibrahimthegreat

Jul 10, 2015
I know exactly how to get this tablet in recovey mode easily
1.make sure yov usb debugging mode on if not you cant do this
2.get adb. Zip file online somewhere
3.have your tablet on and have it trying to boot up
4.have your computer install the tablet drivers
5.once installed open up adb running as a adim
6.put in (adb devices) then it sould list this device
7.next put in (adb reboot recovery) and bam your pionner r1 tablet is in recovey mode

I did this when i bricked my r1 tablet and did a factory reset by this but that didnt fix my issue so i have to take it to pionner for them to fix my bricked tablet for $15 and they did just got it back a week and a half ago thx you for your rom:)

Thanx. I was going to try to change the bootanimation via a no- root method with the risk of going into boot loop. The bootloop then could be fixed my wiping the tablet clean. I'm wondering if that can be done via recovery or adb? Thanx. Also can u help me get CM on this tablet. Thank You in advance

Last edited: