Droid Dream .. daydream app

Search This thread

kblgy

Jan 8, 2011
owings mills
hi , Motorola has a daydream app called droid dream.. I just got rid of my droid maxx and I loved that app (more of a theme)here is a link to it

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Droid-Dream/10287859

My question is... is it possible to get this on the HTc ONE MAX? and could someone do it?

DROID Dream is a screensaver like experience that is currently available on the 2013 DROID Ultra and Maxx smartphones by Motorola. This feature allows users to see time, date, and recent notifications while the phone is docked or being charged. The information block simply shifts up and down slowly over any type of wallpaper. This project was done as part of an internship with Motorola Mobility in Chicago

chuck1026

Sep 15, 2013
Syracuse
I used an app called "APK Extractor" to grab the Droid Dream APK off of my Droid Maxx XT1080. I have installed it on my Droid Turbo XT1254 but not sure if it works as expected... yet. Hopefully it will! Use attached at your own risk.

UPDATE --- It works but it doesn't display the notifications like it did on the XT1080. Not sure if I am missing another piece of the puzzle. Anybody know?

Attachments

• DeskDock.apk
    93.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

andrewjt19

The Max has a "dream" setting under the Display tab of the Settings. It doesn't show your messages but you can see the date and time. CM has a built-in feature that allows you to get a Quick Glance by hovering over the infrared sensor. You might want to try out CM and see if that's something that'll work for ya!

kblgy

Jan 8, 2011
owings mills
i know longer have a htc one max anymore but to keep on the subject, i installed that apk on my droid turbo and it works like you said, no notifications, so i looked a little further and dont really know if this helps but, if you into setting/security and lock screen/ there is something called notification access, and that seems to be the program giving permissions for notifications to other apps, my lucid dreams was in there and had permissions but i dont know how to add an app to it.

kblgy

Jan 8, 2011
owings mills
okay I will but it sounds redondent

I used an app called "APK Extractor" to grab the Droid Dream APK off of my Droid Maxx XT1080. I have installed it on my Droid Turbo XT1254 but not sure if it works as expected... yet. Hopefully it will! Use attached at your own risk.

UPDATE --- It works but it doesn't display the notifications like it did on the XT1080. Not sure if I am missing another piece of the puzzle. Anybody know?

it looks like someone needs to modify the permissions on this. so they work.

can someone do this please?