ZTE Nubia Z5S Mini Update questions

Search This thread

Audiomad

Dec 15, 2013
I got a new phone today the ZTE Nubia Z5s Mini I noticed there is an update available but have some questions maybe someone could help, I bought the phone from China so no support available to me.

The update boots into a Chinese menu and I'm not sure as to which menu to select to upgrade the software, its currently Android 4.2.2 Custom ZTE Rom.

Since I bought the phone from China does anyone know if I will loose the English language if I update or any of the English functions?

iPap

Feb 28, 2014
Dallas
I got a new phone today the ZTE Nubia Z5s Mini I noticed there is an update available but have some questions maybe someone could help, I bought the phone from China so no support available to me.

The update boots into a Chinese menu and I'm not sure as to which menu to select to upgrade the software, its currently Android 4.2.2 Custom ZTE Rom.

Since I bought the phone from China does anyone know if I will loose the English language if I update or any of the English functions?

Which update do you refer to? There is one on May 12th but I don't know what it is exactly about

Audiomad

Dec 15, 2013
Which update do you refer to? There is one on May 12th but I don't know what it is exactly about

The update says its 158.1m no details other than that, I've attempted to update it but fails to download any file it say's its downloading but no file exists after taking about 2 hours to download.

where did you hear about an update and is there anywhere I can download the file?

iPap

Feb 28, 2014
Dallas
Thanks but all the download links end up on 404 pages.

Weird. Loads normaly to me.

There is a 05/12/2014 file for Z5s mini. It is named as Z5s mini Unicorn. Any clue what maight that be? In addition in their forums I realized that a 4.4 version has been released today (May 15th). I hardly understand that we may have a 4.4 in our phone. Anyone that could deal better with chinese in order to learn details???

Last edited:

Audiomad

Dec 15, 2013
Weird. Loads normaly to me.

There is a 05/12/2014 file for Z5s mini. It is named as Z5s mini Unicorn. Any clue what maight that be? In addition in their forums I realized that a 4.4 version has been released today (May 15th). I hardly understand that we may have a 4.4 in our phone. Anyone that could deal better with chinese in order to learn details???

I tried the may 15th download the site eventually worked for me but the update fails to install giving an error message in English over Chinese, the unicom might be a different model I've an NX403A according to the about phone stats.

iPap

Feb 28, 2014
Dallas
I tried the may 15th download the site eventually worked for me but the update fails to install giving an error message in English over Chinese, the unicom might be a different model I've an NX403A according to the about phone stats.

I have the same model and i quess that this Unicom edition is for another model maybe. Kitkat and UI 2.0 that X6 "wears" is almost ready for Z5, Z5 mini and Z5s mini.