[TOOL] - [UPDATED 12/2/2012] - Xbox Live Data Backup v0.02!

Search This thread
A

aclegg2011

This app will allow you to backup some of your xbox live game data to your pc. Currently it only saves 3 xbox games, it can backup and recover. It uses ISETOOL.exe which comes with the microsoft windows phone sdk. I need more Product GUIDS and names of games if you want more added. This only backups up your high scores and saved progress in games.

Current Games Supported:

Angry Birds
Plants Vs. Zombies
Need for Speed: Undercover

Zune must be running and phone cant be pin locked.
THis is running on a HTC HD7 running a custom rom, intrinsic 5.02. Im not sure if this will work on a stock phone or not.
Running backup over an existing saved game will overwrite it wit and update. Enjoy and let me know if you guys want more games, or how it workS!

Attachments

• xbldb02.zip
    41.9 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
The basic idea is valid, but stock ROMs can't use it. The Mango version of TouchXperience (which is what WPDM uses to browse your phone) is low-privilege and can only see a limited part of the filesystem.

A

aclegg2011

It does work. ;) but yes, it'll only work on custom roms and with wpdm, because you need it to save the files to your PC and then restore them after the rom flash.

Sent from my HD7 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Malte1234511

Apr 5, 2011
Even possible for not custom roms...

Hi Community,
I yesterday mentioned to open a thread today, desribing
how to backup your savegames, but you where a bit earlyier :cool:.
But I found out, how it works with every interop-unlocked
device (samsung and htc) and even with non custom-roms. You have
to download Windows phone Power Tools
http://wptools.codeplex.com/
which allows you to read and write apps isolated storage
(but only from sideloaded homebrew apps) and
wp root tools 0.8 by heathcliff@xda. Also you have to download or
sideload and homebrew app, for exapmple MPA Tool, (which is also an useful app ;)).
I you dont want this, you can choose any other homebrew application
on your phone and find out its installation path.
Now, if you have wp power tools and wp root tools "by heathcliff"
there are two steps to go:

1. (wp root tools)

you have to navigate to the path of the game (f.e. angry birds)

Applications/Data/E4571A02-0B87.../Data/Isolated Storage

and copy the two files (for other games it can be more than two)
in the isolated storage of your choosen homebrew app (e.g. MPA TOOL).

Applications/Data/7AC990A5-7092....../angry birds

(I created folders in this path to hold it clear...)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/screencapture11a.jpg/

2. windows phone power tools

When this is done connect your phone with zune and run wp power
tools. Under "file browser" you can open the isolated storage of MPA
Tool (or any other homebrew app) and copy the files from the
games to your computer.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/powertools.png/

After flasing a new ROM just revert the hole progress...

Malte1234511

PS: I attached a list with the installation paths of many applications,
so its easier for you to find the path...

Last edited:

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
@Malte1234511: That's only going to work for Samsung gen1 phones. Non-Samsung or even Samsung gen2 phones can't use WP7 Root Tools.

TouchXplorer used to work, but now it onlyworks for very old firmware or custom ROM (after an HTC update disabled it).

Reactions: Malte1234511

Malte1234511

Apr 5, 2011
@Malte1234511: That's only going to work for Samsung gen1 phones. Non-Samsung or even Samsung gen2 phones can't use WP7 Root Tools.

TouchXplorer used to work, but now it onlyworks for very old firmware or custom ROM (after an HTC update disabled it).

I just have a 1.Gen Samsung Device and didnt know that wp root tools doesnt work with htc anymore. But here is a solution to backup savegames for Samsung 1.Gen device owner and owners of htc phones with custom roms or old firmware. It may help some users...

aclegg2011...

winphoneviet made WPV App Data Backup (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1223619)

don't want to be offensive but your thread is so useless in front of his work...
please, next time before opening a new one, be aware that perhaps some dudes here already done something usefull about what you "discovered"...

Have a nice time looking for usefull threads ;)

Maybe I can answer this with another qoute from your thread:

Sadly, some apps & games downloaded directly from Marketplace cannot be backup :( such as Amazon Kindle. But if u use 3Mktplace to download, patch it and deploy to device, everything work perfectly!

We want to backup the data from our original Xbox live games. The tool is useful (thanks to winphoneviet) for for some applications, but not for games from the marketplace.

Malte1234511

Last edited:
A

aclegg2011

The basic idea is valid, but stock ROMs can't use it. The Mango version of TouchXperience (which is what WPDM uses to browse your phone) is low-privilege and can only see a limited part of the filesystem.

wpdm and touchexpierence work fine on my HTC hd7 with the custom rom. With touchexpierences file browser I can search through all the apps and games dir just fine. And wpdm can copy the game files from my PC and back to my phone just fine too.

A

aclegg2011

aclegg2011...

winphoneviet made WPV App Data Backup (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1223619)

don't want to be offensive but your thread is so useless in front of his work...
please, next time before opening a new one, be aware that perhaps some dudes here already done something usefull about what you "discovered"...

Have a nice time looking for usefull threads ;)

wpv backup does your whole phone. This way only backs up the game data, but you need to be on a custom rom.

NebZoNe

Mar 21, 2011
Paris (suburbs)
soundcloud.com
sorry but i didn't wait for that useless thread to backup my xboxlive games...in fact i do that everytime i flash a new rom and i do it since winphoneviet has shared his awesome app...so...have a nice three games backup lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.