[Q] Black screen after Kernel install

Search This thread

rapzeh76

Jan 14, 2014
Hello, I recently tried to install the Siyah Kernel verion 1.8.9 to my stock ROM'd rooted Galaxy S3 I9300. After installing it, the "Galaxy I9300" logo appears, then the Siyah logo for a few seconds, then it goes black. The phone is turned on, just black. It can charge, and I seem to be able to go into download mode. Can anyone help? I don't really want to lose my data. :\

ghostofcain

Nov 25, 2009
Birkenhead
Google Pixel 8
If you've not backed it up I suspect you will struggle to recover your data. My advice would be to try flashing stock rom with odin, but you will lose your data then, there is a reason you are recommended to backup before touching your system.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

kunal1540

Jun 6, 2013
City of oranges
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Hello, I recently tried to install the Siyah Kernel verion 1.8.9 to my stock ROM'd rooted Galaxy S3 I9300. After installing it, the "Galaxy I9300" logo appears, then the Siyah logo for a few seconds, then it goes black. The phone is turned on, just black. It can charge, and I seem to be able to go into download mode. Can anyone help? I don't really want to lose my data. :\
What version of android are you using cause siyah is for 4.1.2 sammy roms only... and if you are using 4.3 then just download a suitable kernel for 4.3 and then flash it through either Odin or your recovery.. For siyah like features go for googy max for 4.3...

Sent from my GT-I9300

rapzeh76

Jan 14, 2014
Thanks!

I got the GoogyMax ROM like you suggested, installed it no problem, can now use all the features from Siyah on my GS3, and have all my data. You are THE MAN! :)