[ROM/MOD][2.3.5]*INC3PTION*Back-In-Black{The Collective}v2.0 {I927}[5/20/12]

Search This thread

nimixes

Aug 17, 2008
Riverside california
MMS

im having issues with MMS wont send, not sure about receiving, im going to attempt fiddling around and hopefully if i come up with a solution i will report back here

Edit: works perfectly in case anyone runs into this issue i will post the APN info i used for AT&T and worked for me

Name

myatt
APN

WAP.CINGULAR
Proxy

wireless.cingular.com
Port
Username (Note the inclusion of a period between R & G)

WAP@CINGULAR.GPRS.COM
Password (Note the change to lowercase)

cingular1
Server

MMSC

http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS proxy

wireless.cingular.com
MMS port

MCC

MNC

Authentication type

None
APN type

default,mms,supl
APN protocol

IPv4

Last edited:

kanagadeepan

Jul 27, 2011
Sivakasi
I also got the call issue during incoming calls (NO problem in outgoing calls) and if I remember correctly, I got this annoying issue after I got the ForceClose for Phone application... The only solution is double clicking loud-speaker button (enable and disable)...

Now back to Osimood ROM... But surely will return when this bug gets cleared.... Thanks for this great ROM dman...

doode2011

Dec 7, 2011
Problems I occured..

- The usual call problem (not being able to hear when someone calls).
- Video Camera force closes. If you go to the camera app and then you switch it to Video Camera, it force closes. (I think it can be replaced if anyone has the Phone.apk)
- Calendar isn't working as notified. (It can be replaced with a touchwizcalendar.apk.)
- Screen Capture app isn't working (Can be replaced with ScreenCaptureService.apk, thanks to Gabby131 in "Taking Screenshots").
- For the APNs, (mostly for the first-timers), PLEASE get an app that backup and restores the APN. I used "APN Backup & Restore" by Ritesh Sahu (free) and it worked like a charm.

Other than that, This rom has AMAZING potential once the bugs are ironed out. I really like the new notification bar, it makes life easier.

Edit: For some reason, the APKs replacement didn't fix the problem, but now it did. So anyone who has problems, replace the APKs in system/app

(ScreenCaptureService.apk via Gabby131)

Attachments

• ScreenCaptureService.apk
    23.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

nimixes

Aug 17, 2008
Riverside california
- The usual call problem (not being able to hear when someone calls).
- Video Camera force closes. If you go to the camera app and then you switch it to Video Camera, it force closes. (I think it can be replaced if anyone has the Phone.apk)
- Calendar isn't working as notified. (It can be replaced with a touchwizcalendar.apk.)
- Screen Capture app isn't working (Can be replaced with ScreenCaptureService.apk, thanks to Gabby131 in "Taking Screenshots").
- For the APNs, (mostly for the first-timers), PLEASE get an app that backup and restores the APN. I used "APN Backup & Restore" by Ritesh Sahu (free) and it worked like a charm.

Other than that, This rom has AMAZING potential once the bugs are ironed out. I really like the new notification bar, it makes life easier.

Edit: For some reason, the APKs replacement didn't fix the problem, but now it did. So anyone who has problems, replace the APKs in system/app

(ScreenCaptureService.apk via Gabby131)

I got the same camera issue but rarely and only when trying to view the last picture captured i imagine that might be an issue with the viewer? Or would it only be the camera app since its attempting to open the picture? Any 1 else getting the notification from the battery info app that your battery id runing high tempature? Ive been getting it pretty consistently all day is there anything i can do? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927R

doode2011

Dec 7, 2011
I got the same camera issue but rarely and only when trying to view the last picture captured i imagine that might be an issue with the viewer? Or would it only be the camera app since its attempting to open the picture? Any 1 else getting the notification from the battery info app that your battery id runing high tempature? Ive been getting it pretty consistently all day is there anything i can do? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927R

For the camera issue, does it force close? If it does, what does it say? It should be something like "Sorry! The Application com.sec.android.app.screencapture (process com.sec.android.app.screencapture) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." It should tell you what is wrong with it. So just try viewing the last picture, note which one is failing, and replace that APK. I think it is the phone application, which is what fixed my camera application. But I can't remember which cos I did it last night while I was tired.

Battery Temperature - Mine is at 80.6 Degrees Fahrenheit. If you can't feel the heat coming from the phone, you're fine (in my opinion).
One of the thing that causes high battery temperature is using other devices to charge it (laptop, xbox 360, ps3, etc). Charge the phone from an outlet instead. If you have it overclocked, try going down a bit.

Reactions: nimixes

bobbylx

Sep 12, 2009
Holly Springs, NC
Just wanted to report in also. Installed fine, ran really well, just experienced the same incoming call bug as everyone else. Dial out is fine, incoming calls have no sound. Keep up the good work, glad to see some more Dev's jumping on this phone.

doode2011

Dec 7, 2011
Call Problem

Call problem can be fixed by replacing the Phone.apk in system/app.

Tested it out today, fixed the problem immediately.

Aquethys

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 26, 2011
Colorado
That removes the theme ics. I don't see what the problem is, again, I tested for 2 weeks and there's still no problems...

MnemonicSyntax

Dec 29, 2010
Well, I'd say you got lucky. Perhaps an error with the upload. Who knows. But many people having an issue and one not is a problem, not the other way around.

doode2011

Dec 7, 2011
I think I did get lucky. Posting pictures

For the ICS theme, is the dock supposed to be like ICS or TW? Because I have the touchwiz. It's a mixture of both with TW apps, yet notification bar and dock are like ICS template. By ICS dock, I mean that it has 5 apps on the dock.

It works fine for me. Better than anything I've ever used.

Attachments

• left.jpg
    left.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 171
  • Center.jpg
    Center.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 168
  • notification.jpg
    notification.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 166
  • Right.jpg
    Right.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 162

d0nat0

Aug 13, 2009
Call problem can be fixed by replacing the Phone.apk in system/app.

Tested it out today, fixed the problem immediately.

care to share the apk? I don't mind losing ics theme as long as i can take calls without doing the speaker on/off ( hassle when driving ) trick. thanks in advance.

rom has been stable for me running about 4 days, only issues i'm experiencing and in no way a hindrance for my daily usage have been reported already. calender, camera, calls... other than that, no complaints. thanks dman!

synthetikid

Mar 10, 2006
replacing affected apps

is it possible for someone to post the stock versions of the calendar and the phone ".apk"s? just in case we have to wait a while for the bugs to be fixed I would gladly work with the stock versions of both.

doode2011

Dec 7, 2011
Back up your phone, just in case, before you replace it. And report back to see if it works. :D

I don't care much for the theme either, but the notification bar is all i really needed.

Here's the Phone.apk that I used. I used it with Root Explorer.
1. Put the apk in sd card
2. copy it (don't move it)
3. Head over to System/App, click mount R/W on top right.
4. Place it, overwrite it.
5. Change permission to Read for all three (owner/group/others), Write for owner.
6. Click Mount R/O
7. Reboot

It should fix it (fingers crossed).

Attachments

• Phone.apk
    3.3 MB · Views: 71
Reactions: d0nat0

doode2011

Dec 7, 2011
is it possible for someone to post the stock versions of the calendar and the phone ".apk"s? just in case we have to wait a while for the bugs to be fixed I would gladly work with the stock versions of both.

I didn't know which apk was failing, so I replaced all of them using the method in previous post.

The widget doesn't work, as it has "Problem loading Widget." Instead of the stock calendar (which I loved), I'm using Android Pro Widgets.

Attachments

• CalendarProvider.apk
    1.6 MB · Views: 43
  • TwCalendarAppWidget.apk
    128.1 KB · Views: 46
  • TouchWizCalendar.apk
    643.1 KB · Views: 45

dman3285

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
Rome, Ga.
And this is the problem that happens when house blind develop... But... That's what i was asked to do... Can't fix what i can't see or test... Plainly stated in op...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

dman3285

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
Rome, Ga.
I haven't seen a fix yet, just a bunch of swapping apks around. Which in itself can cause issues

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CollectiveLogo.png

inc3ptionShowcase.jpg

Presents
    I * N * C * 3 * P * T * I * O * N
    DISCLAIMER
    Neither myself or any member of the Collective are responsible for damage or bricking of your phone, as you knowingly flash at your own risk!
    Deodexed
    Zipaligned
    Rooted
    Busybox
    Extended Power Menu(Reboot, Recovery, Download)
    CRT off animation(settings/display/animation/all animations are shown to enable)
    kernel(OC/UV)
    Batterystats.sh script
    Efs.backup script
    Darky ramhack
    Data app enabled
    Busybox run parts(init.d script)
    Multiple UI and touchscreen tweaks
    Build prop edits to remove bloat
    Build prop edits for faster network speeds
    14 toggle lidroid mod
    Themed framework
    Themed twframework
    Themed Dialer
    Themed contacts
    Themed Dropdown Notification
    Themed Settings(Not complete, still a few images to get as time permits)
    Themed Samsung keyboard
    Themed Popups and EPM
    ICS window animations
    and much more to come!
    Installation
    1: DOWNLOAD INCEPTION
    2: PLACE ON ROOT OF SDCARD
    3: Boot into CWM
    4: DO A NANDROID BACKUP
    5: WIPE DATA, CACHE, AND DALVIK CACHE
    6: CHOOSE INSTALL FROM SDCARD
    7: CHOOSE ZIP FROM SDCARD
    8: CHOOSE ZIP
    9: CHOOSE YES
    10: FLASH ZIP
    11: REBOOT AND ENJOY

LET ROM FULLY BOOT UP AND MEDIA SCANNER RUN , LET ROM SETTLE FOR ABOUT 5 OR 10 MIN. GO AHEAD AND SET UP PHONE, ACOOUNTS, ECT...

Credits
    THE COLLECTIVE TEAM
    CarpeNoctem(Using updater as guide:)
    Ardatdat(Kernel)
    Aquethys(Testing and bug reporting)
    NUNHUGGER
    JOHNSONDR80
    LINUXBOZO
    STUDACRIS
    DANI897
    GTG465X
    DARKY
    FEZZY102(YOU AND NUN ARE NINJAS!)
    BIGFAU
    EXPERIMENT
    BOOSTNUBURU
    BUHAVAN AND ALI(DRZ ROM)
    NOPCODEX90
    DAGR8
    JORDAN ELLIOT
    BEDWA FOR THE AWESOME INFUSION KERNEL
    ENTROPY512
    IF I FORGOT ANYONE PM ME!

I WAS ASKED TO DO THIS AS TO HELP DEVELOPMENT HERE. BUT, AS I DONT HAVE THIS DEVICE, I CAN ONLY SUPPORT SO MUCH.
    MOST OF THE USERS WHO OWN THIS DEVICE CAN HELP FIX ANY ISSUES.
    I CAN HELP AS BEST TO MY KNOWLEGE. PLEASE DONT ASK FOR ETA'S!:D

Download INC3PTION Here
    Inc3ption Back-in-Black

Changelog v2:

Fully themed Black, white, chrome, transparent
    Added custom boot animation functionality to kernel..
    Supercharged init.rc
    Custom Collective bootanimation.
    Completely based off ATT
    Inverted Gmail, Market, And GoogleMusic
    Custom Collective wallpaper chooser(Menu/wallpapers/INC3PTION Wallpapers)
    100 percent citcular battery mod
    Transparent Settings
    Transparent Dialer
    Transparent Phone
    Transparent Contacts
    Added Toggle settings to Settings for customizing Lidroid 14 toggles
    Modded Tw30Launcher and themed
    Removed Go Launcher and Go Locker
    New Custom Window Animations
    ATT Apn as default(No need to add APN unless other than ATT Carrier)
    Added Voodoo sound modules and drivers in kernel(WIP,)
    Custom Chrome Icons( THANK YOU BIGFAU! YOU MY BRO)
    Added 30 min and Never timeout in screen timeout
    100 PERCENT STABLE AND ALL BUGS FIXED!
    Screenshots Later when I wake up...You guys saw the teaser Screenshots..lol..You know what to expect...

Download Inc3ption Back-In-Black Here
    Device in hand... Will be working on an update:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927R using xda premium
    The almost finished inc3ption... Transparent settings... Chromed out...:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using xda premium
    I have torn the kernel apart and added custom bootanimation support .. So... You can change your bootanimation to whatever you like

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using xda premium