Ubuntu boot blob overwrote recovery image

Search This thread

mibrymb

Aug 3, 2012
Hello,

I need help, I updated the linux blob on my prime, when I tried to boot into Android I con only now boot into Ubuntu. When I try to go into fastboot my prime boots into linux only and the recovery option is gone.

Is there another way to get into fastboot? (I have tried the power and down volume option)
When my prime does boot into linux is it also unable to find to linux boot drive.
Also when I attach the prime to my computer it is reported MTP device.
I am able to access the internal file systems via the initramfs busybox terminal but it appears that the system also has had all the data wiped.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Mibrymb

Last edited:

mibrymb

Aug 3, 2012
Hello,

I need help, I updated the linux blob on my prime, when I tried to boot into Android I con only now boot into Ubuntu. When I try to go into fastboot my prime boots into linux only and the recovery option is gone.

Is there another way to get into fastboot? (I have tried the power and down volume option)
When my prime does boot into linux is it also unable to find to linux boot drive.
Also when I attach the prime to my computer it is reported MTP device.
I am able to access the internal file systems via the initramfs busybox terminal but it appears that the system also has had all the data wiped.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Mibrymb

Spoke to Asus Support and they said it is bricked so RMA here I come....