[ROM][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 Official Nightlies

Search This thread

XpLoDWilD

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 19, 2009
France
www.xplod.fr
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, we will laugh at you, all, at the same time.
 * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
 * cause of male impotence.
 */
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS

We'll not support users and answer questions from users which:
- are running a custom kernel
- have flashed mods
- modified system files
- didn't follow our intructions word by word
- are unfriendly

Even if you tell us that your problem is not related to your custom kernel /mod / magic => WE DON'T CARE!
Your mod => your problem!

CHECK KNOWN ISSUES IN SECOND POST

Official CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/

First time installing CyanogenMod 10.1 to your Oppo Find 5, or coming from another ROM:
- Read known issues ans FAQs
- Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
- Copy GApps and CM10.1 ZIPs to your SDCard
- Boot into Recovery (hold Volume Down at boot)
- Flash CM10.1 zip from SDCard
- Flash GApps zip from SDCard
- DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
- Reboot
- Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
- Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.1:
- Copy CM10.1 ZIP to your SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Reboot

Nightlies:
http://get.cm/?device=find5

Google Apps:
http://goo.im/gapps

ClockworkMod Recovery:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=40384812

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#find5/cm10.1/next

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
Open-Source doesn't mean Out-of-Respect!!!

Screenshot_2013-04-17-11-45-28.png
Screenshot_2013-04-17-11-45-06.png
Screenshot_2013-04-17-11-47-26.png

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing in our free time, feel free to press "Donate to me" up ahead. Your donations will be equally given to me, nebkat and Entropy512. Or if you prefer, you can give directly to the CyanogenMod project at http://www.cyanogenmod.org . Thanks to all donators!

Last edited:

XpLoDWilD

Nov 19, 2009
France
www.xplod.fr
- Earpiece might be a bit low in calls
- No service from time to time when rebooting (happens often when USB is plugged)
- Screen sometimes freezing - put your phone to sleep and turn it back on fixes it most of the time.

(Make sure to read the last few pages of the thread before reporting an issue. Some other might exist but not listed in here)

https://github.com/cyanogenmod/android_device_oppo_find5
https://github.com/cyanogenmod/android_kernel_oppo_find5

Last edited:

malaga82

Mar 6, 2007
Should we expect a sort of nighties or builds when things are fixed/important changes are done?
Wow, oppo released new rom yesterday and now cm 10.1 comes true...omg.

Lord_Kimbou

Feb 25, 2011
Finally Official CyanogenMod!!! That's greeeeeeeat!!!
I'm waiting for daily use rom! :D
Good lock XpLoDWilD, in this new project! and Thanks youu!! ;)

XpLoDWilD

Nov 19, 2009
France
www.xplod.fr
Should we expect a sort of nighties or builds when things are fixed/important changes are done?
Wow, oppo released new rom yesterday and now cm 10.1 comes true...omg.

We depend on a specific branch on one of the CM repos, so we have to wait until this becomes the main branch. Sure we'll do other experimental builds when we fix stuff, and move on to nightlies once everything is good.

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
The hwaccel screen rotation bug also affects MX Player.

It's most obvious is you start MX Player playback from Skifta when Skifta is in portrait mode. If you are in landscape when you start the video, it's OK.

There's still a decent amount of cleanup to do, but I believe we're ready to get our repos merged to CM mainline, although as plodey mentioned, starting nightlies will require waiting for one of CM's repos to get reworked. (It's the same reason I personally don't think Sony Xperia T/V/TX/Z/ZL nightlies should not have been started yet for CM10.1 - they're all broken due to the fact that audio-caf is still the old code.)

HDMI output is also broken - it's currently broken on all Qualcomms in CM10.1 that use display-caf. I plan on taking a look at this over the weekend.

Aerys

Jun 18, 2012
I get a error when I compile the device

Import includes file: /home/aerys/android/system/out/target/product/find5/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libreadline_intermediates/import_includes
make: *** No rule to make target `frameworks/base/data/sounds/effects/ogg/KeypressStandard_120.ogg', needed by `/home/aerys/android/system/out/target/product/find5/system/media/audio/ui/KeypressStandard.ogg'. Stop.
make: Export includes file: external/bash/Android.mk -- /home/aerys/android/system/out/target/product/find5/obj/EXECUTABLES/bash_intermediates/export_includes
*** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
aerys@android-build:~/android/system$

Any help?

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
I get a error when I compile the device

Import includes file: /home/aerys/android/system/out/target/product/find5/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libreadline_intermediates/import_includes
make: *** No rule to make target `frameworks/base/data/sounds/effects/ogg/KeypressStandard_120.ogg', needed by `/home/aerys/android/system/out/target/product/find5/system/media/audio/ui/KeypressStandard.ogg'. Stop.
make: Export includes file: external/bash/Android.mk -- /home/aerys/android/system/out/target/product/find5/obj/EXECUTABLES/bash_intermediates/export_includes
*** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
aerys@android-build:~/android/system$

Any help?

I've never seen an error like that.

did you forget the get-prebuilds phase of the build instructions?

Could be just some transient build breakage, may just get fixed by syncing.

Reactions: Aerys

Aerys

Jun 18, 2012
Tried the above but still..

What does this mean?

Trying dependencies-only mode on a non-existing device tree?

Aerys

Jun 18, 2012
Hmm. Compiling for Nexus 10 works and its the same source:confused:

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Just find out there's no KeypressStandard_120.ogg in my source -.-
Lets get it from somewhere:silly:

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Added the missing file and its building fine now =]

Last edited:

IGNatiuS2008

Feb 4, 2008
Rotterdam
I've just installed the ROM and it works great, though the first video I tried to play made my Oppo hang. Where (and how) can I dump logs?

I'll use it the next couple of days and report problems, if it helps?

XpLoDWilD

Nov 19, 2009
France
www.xplod.fr
I've just installed the ROM and it works great, though the first video I tried to play made my Oppo hang. Where (and how) can I dump logs?

I'll use it the next couple of days and report problems, if it helps?

We don't need reports for issues that are already under Known issues, as they are issues we can perfectly reproduce. However, if you find something not listed, sure, feel free to report with logs :)

The video problem for example is already listed, it's due to screen rotation.

There are multiple logcat apps on the Play Store I guess.

IGNatiuS2008

Feb 4, 2008
Rotterdam
We don't need reports for issues that are already under Known issues, as they are issues we can perfectly reproduce. However, if you find something not listed, sure, feel free to report with logs :)

The video problem for example is already listed, it's due to screen rotation.

There are multiple logcat apps on the Play Store I guess.

I didn't rotate the screen while playing. I had the screen in landscape position, then pressed play on a video (in 'ribbon'-mode:confused:). I accessed the gallery from the camera-app(in camera mode). It was a video shot with the stock-app last week. The screen immediately went to static and the phone froze. I had to hard-power-off.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, we will laugh at you, all, at the same time.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */
    CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS

We'll not support users and answer questions from users which:
    - are running a custom kernel
    - have flashed mods
    - modified system files
    - didn't follow our intructions word by word
    - are unfriendly

Even if you tell us that your problem is not related to your custom kernel /mod / magic => WE DON'T CARE!
    Your mod => your problem!

CHECK KNOWN ISSUES IN SECOND POST

Official CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/

First time installing CyanogenMod 10.1 to your Oppo Find 5, or coming from another ROM:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM10.1 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery (hold Volume Down at boot)
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.1:
    - Copy CM10.1 ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Reboot

Nightlies:
    http://get.cm/?device=find5

Google Apps:
    http://goo.im/gapps

ClockworkMod Recovery:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=40384812

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#find5/cm10.1/next

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't mean Out-of-Respect!!!

Screenshot_2013-04-17-11-45-28.png
    Screenshot_2013-04-17-11-45-06.png
    Screenshot_2013-04-17-11-47-26.png

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing in our free time, feel free to press "Donate to me" up ahead. Your donations will be equally given to me, nebkat and Entropy512. Or if you prefer, you can give directly to the CyanogenMod project at http://www.cyanogenmod.org . Thanks to all donators!
    Is it the decision of the CM team to abandon the device settings?

That was a minor annoyance, but other stuff was brought up in the same post. Note how the CM leads went out of their way not to address one of the claims in any way, shape, or form.

http://www.landofdroid.com/2013/more-on-whats-going-on-at-cyanogenmod/

What I will say is: Steve's response is bull****. First he spindoctored heavily by translating "CM is almost purely GPL *OR* Apache" (true) to "CM is almost purely GPL" (which is indeed false) and accusing people of spreading bull**** because he couldn't read the claim properly, or chose not to read it properly.

Second, a commercial relicensing of Focal with assignment of commercial rights to Cyanogen, Inc. does not give xplodwild any additional freedoms whatsoever - He already has the freedom to relicense Focal if he chooses IF there are no other contributors (however, Hugin's presence may result in Focal not being relicensable even if xplodwild wanted to). The only organization who gains any additional freedoms from such an arrangement is Cyanogen, Inc - and the only freedom they gain is to create a closed-source proprietary derivative. So Steve claims not to be trying to create a closed-source derivative - but one of his first actions (actually, it was Koush's action, Steve supported him though) was to take an action that can only lead to a closed-source derivative. Actions speak louder than words. What is especially scary is the fact that Koush didn't ask politely, he just went to xplodwild and said, "We're relicensing it, the contributor agreement allows us to do so."

First: The CM contributor agreement allows for sublicensing, not relicensing. It doesn't allow someone to sign away a right they may not have in the first place. (In the case of GPLed code, the contributor agreement doesn't magically allow CM to relicense GPL contributions.)
    Second: Focal was forked into CM via github, bypassing the contributor agreement, so it doesn't apply.

On top of this, the first rule of bending xplodwild over and giving him the shaft is - don't talk about bending xplodwild over and giving him the shaft. There has been zero discussion of this even in internal private CM channels, and any attempt to discuss it has been squashed rapidly, including pressuring xplodwild not to talk about their attempt to shaft him to anyone.

Something that used to be a way for me to get my mind off of stress has now become a massive source of stress for me.

I've been staying quiet about this in public for a while now, only hinting to issues, hoping things could be resolved amicably. But the fact that the project leadership insists on sweeping this under the rug and not discussing it at all means it's highly unlikely to get resolved.

Which leaves me in a ****ty position - I really can't motivate myself to contribute to an organization that pulls **** like this, but there isn't really much else in the Android world. Yes, there's been some discussion of possibly forking - but my stress levels are high enough as it is. I'd rather just go back to shiny blinkenlights and microcontroller projects than deal with this drama.

On top of that, multiple devices were tagged for 10.1 RC/stable that do not in any way deserve such a designator. Seriously - if a major app such as Netflix doesn't work (which it doesn't without horrible hacks that have no business being in a stable release on Exynos4 devices), then CM shouldn't be marked stable on that device. However, the leads went and tagged all Exynos4 devices as stable without any discussion with those devices' maintainers (they claim otherwise, but I can tell you without a doubt that Xplodwild and I were not consulted on N7000, nor was I consulted with I777), in order to get the stable device count up and look better to investors. In addition to Netflix not working, performance is complete and utter **** on 4210 devices - it's mostly working, but not in a way that merits calling it "stable".
    Is Oppo too helpful or Sammy was too ****ty? Can't we just ask politely Oppo for the camera stuff?

CM10.1/Oppo Find 5

Well we don't expect to have our hands held - we need to do SOME work ourselves!

So far, in 2-3 months, Oppo has, in my opinion, provided more help to us than Samsung ever did - even though far less is needed since they didn't deviate far from Qualcomm's CAF reference.

They have:
    Provided multiple devices to developers (yeah, Samsung did this with the GS2 also, but what's important is the followthrough)
    Provided us a hint that greatly improved camera performance - it's still not up to par with stock but some of the biggest issues are resolved
    Provided us with info on where test points on the motherboard are for UART debugging console output, although they made this irrelevant by:
    Sending me an engineering device with the UART multiplexer chip populated and UART debug cables

Speaking of that last item - made a lot of progress on the rebase this weekend. That UART cable was critical. At this point, it boots and wifi works, but:
    I have not rebased headset detection yet so no wired headset support
    I botched the rebase of their modifications to modem init/restart so modem is busted
    Charging and battery level reporting is... derpy... I probably botched something when merging all of Oppo's charging changes.
    probably other **** is broken too, but it's far ahead of where it was Friday. :) I need a break now.
    - Earpiece might be a bit low in calls
    - No service from time to time when rebooting (happens often when USB is plugged)
    - Screen sometimes freezing - put your phone to sleep and turn it back on fixes it most of the time.

(Make sure to read the last few pages of the thread before reporting an issue. Some other might exist but not listed in here)

https://github.com/cyanogenmod/android_device_oppo_find5
    https://github.com/cyanogenmod/android_kernel_oppo_find5
    You'll always be welcome at codefirex :) good to see that you'll keep doing android stuff :)

Sent from my Find 5 using XDA Premium HD app

One thing I've been pitching to some of the XDA admins is setting up a forum where the leads of various projects can communicate with each other and coordinate. I think there will always be some level of forking due to differences in UI design approach, conservative vs. aggressive/bleeding edge development practices, etc, but communication between the projects really could use some improvement. Due to the extremely hostile attitudes of some CM leads towards anyone not a member of the project I think there's really little hope of significant cooperation between CM and the rest of the community, but the rest of us can probably work together much better. I've pitched as a start maybe creating a forum section where project leads of various community projects have posting privileges, but most users are read-only (to prevent spam/improve the signal-to-noise ratio).