[Q] how can i add or edit whatsapp for custom emoticons ?

Search This thread

RodneyNL

Mar 17, 2010
I would like to add some emoticons into whatsapp

Sent from my GT-I9100 Westcrips ICS using xda premium

esk02k

Mar 26, 2010
London

You probably wont be able to add any, you can change the current ones by editing the apk, signing it then installing it. Once you open up the apk (with 7zip, winrar etc.) look inside the drawable-hdpi folder. Thats probably where the emoticons are kept.
I can help if you need.
You might want to check out these custom whatsapp's by yorzua :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1543631

Reactions: awes.fahmi

RodneyNL

Mar 17, 2010
Thanks for your reply om gonna try it out i'll let you know of i need your help (probably i will need it xD)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

dealman

Aug 13, 2011
Adding icons to whatsapp

Hey Guys has anyone tried adding new icons into the default whatsapp?
Or do the modded versions allow adding additional GIF'S to be added to the instant messenger?
Thanks

chaingang_100

Mar 11, 2012
yes i have tried it, but it's useless since the recipient of the emoticon should have the "moded" version too, so that he could see the emoticon

ermacwins

Aug 25, 2009
Just wanted to add that Ive noticed the Iphone has new icons and I can view them on my phone which dont have those icons :/

yogz214

Aug 13, 2013
You probably wont be able to add any, you can change the current ones by editing the apk, signing it then installing it. Once you open up the apk (with 7zip, winrar etc.) look inside the drawable-hdpi folder. Thats probably where the emoticons are kept.
I can help if you need.

I used 'Formatter' to rename (whatsapp) .apk file into .zip did required changes (replaced one .png smiley file) & again renamed it into .apk
But then, I'm not able to install it (even after uninstalling previous version). An error saying 'Application not installed' shows.

How can I modify .apk files (in terms of replacing only the smiley image files) & repack it into proper .apk file so that I'll be able to install it without any error?
Please help me..:confused:
thanks

jonny.pl

Nov 11, 2013
I used 'Formatter' to rename (whatsapp) .apk file into .zip did required changes (replaced one .png smiley file) & again renamed it into .apk
But then, I'm not able to install it (even after uninstalling previous version). An error saying 'Application not installed' shows.

How can I modify .apk files (in terms of replacing only the smiley image files) & repack it into proper .apk file so that I'll be able to install it without any error?
Please help me..:confused:
thanks

i also want a new smiley, for example a puking smiley

fmardini

Dec 25, 2012
After modifying the apk i think you should resign it to be able to install it
Check zipsigner from the play store

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jonny.pl

Nov 11, 2013
After modifying the apk i think you should resign it to be able to install it
Check zipsigner from the play store

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

so i have to download the whatsapp.apk, unrar it, change the icons in it, and resign it?

Were are the folder?

I am getting a "parsing" error by installing whatsapp

Last edited:

zehata

Nov 28, 2013
Good idea, but not practical

In order to install an apk, it must be properly signed and with a password that only the developers know. If you own the app though, you will still need to to decompile and recreate the apk structure by turning the directories of the zip into an android structure, since the compiling will change pretty much everything.

Worst part of it all, if you somehow manage to change and install the app, only you will be able to see it since only the apk installed on your phone has those custom emoticons.

Cheers :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I can help if you need.