[Q] NFC not working

Search This thread

mnezo

Dec 3, 2010
just bought a i9195 and right away i've flashed vikinger kernel.
although i didn't tested it, I'm pretty sure on the official rom i had nfc enabled but I can't turn it on anymore.
tried on a bunch of roms, stock an vikinger kernel but no luck. nfc is always disabled and when i try to enable it the button moves to "I" for a couple of seconds but it goes back to "O", doesn't turn green.
the only rom i could enable nfc is cm11, so no hw problem..
knox is 0x1 but i don't think this has to do anything with it..
can you please confirm nfc is working on specific roms? (jm7, knox 0x1)
any ideas?

Reactions: junkyde

junkyde

May 26, 2011
you are right, I am on stock rom (MH3) and vikinger kernel and nfc is also not working for me. I will look into that.

s.goten

Dec 30, 2011
Same problem. Also on my s4mini NFC doesn't turn on. When bought it was OK. I'm on stock ROM with arco's kernel (but i tried also with kernel stock and it's the same). Last proof at this point is reflash firmware with odin :(

edit. still no NFC also after flash kernel with odin :(

Last edited:

junkyde

May 26, 2011
Don't know what happend, but I just flashed stock rom mh3 with Odin. NFC still not working, don't know what else to do, because going back to stock is the hardest reset I can do, or not?

junkyde

May 26, 2011
same thing happened to my s4 mini :(
i don't think that responsible is the modem because when I discovered the NFC issue I had the old modem (the one installed when bought s4mini), anyway, now I have installed the new modem MK3 and NFC still doesn't work.
if NFC breaking depends on cwm, cyano, kernel mods, ecc... I thing that flashing stock kernel with odin everything would have to return to work but it not happens. maybe, because the chip is in the battery could be a battery problem (even if an user with same nfc problem says that under cm11 NFC works, so it isn't a hardware problem). anyway sorry for OT.

I am moving the discussion back to this thread.
Just flashed cm11 and nfc is working, so it's not a hardware issue. But still don't get it, why it's not working on stock rom....

s.goten

Dec 30, 2011
I am moving the discussion back to this thread.
Just flashed cm11 and nfc is working, so it's not a hardware issue. But still don't get it, why it's not working on stock rom....

thanks for moving my post in right place...:good:
it's good to know that it's not a hardware issue. maybe a samsung firmware update (i hope with android 4.3 ;)) could fix the problem....

svrutz

Oct 31, 2012
Mafra - SC
OnePlus 5
same problem

I'm having the same problem, everything was working properly with the stock 4.2.2 version, now only works with Cyanogen.
If I do the whole procedure with Odin and install the stock version, in addition to NFC, wireless does not work in some cases also, I've tried with various stock firmware and the problem remains the same.
I wish I had the original version back more'm being forced to use version 10.2 of the "stable" cyanogen, but this version has serious problems and always hangs when I receive or make a connection.
Now I have a smartphone that works perfectly for everything except for connections.
Phone Model: GT-I9195
Last Stock version installed: I9195XXUBML1 (German)

*boy*racer*

Jan 11, 2011
I'm having the same problem, everything was working properly with the stock 4.2.2 version, now only works with Cyanogen.
If I do the whole procedure with Odin and install the stock version, in addition to NFC, wireless does not work in some cases also, I've tried with various stock firmware and the problem remains the same.
I wish I had the original version back more'm being forced to use version 10.2 of the "stable" cyanogen, but this version has serious problems and always hangs when I receive or make a connection.
Now I have a smartphone that works perfectly for everything except for connections.
Phone Model: GT-I9195
Last Stock version installed: I9195XXUBML1 (German)

OK well I installed the kernel and too NFC wasn't working. Luckily I have a backup and just restored the boot and now its working again. Here's an image of the boot/kernel I restored.

Phone: S4 Mini (GT-I9195)
Rom: Stock 4.2.2
Kernel: acro
Root: Yes
SD Card: 16GB SanDisk Ultra class 10

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387409031622.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387409031622.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 439

svrutz

Oct 31, 2012
Mafra - SC
OnePlus 5
i try this

I also have a backup that I made right after the first time I root the device. I'll try to restore it and flash the official firmware version to see what gives! thanks for the tip.

*boy*racer*

Jan 11, 2011
I have managed to fix the nfc problem. I'll add the solution In a few minutes. Just doing a few tests

Actually can someone please pm me who knows how to make an update.zip?

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9195 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

*boy*racer*

Jan 11, 2011
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts