[Q] Restoring stock kernel

Search This thread

omicorn

May 14, 2014
Hi!

I have unlocked bootloader, rooted with SuperSu and flashed DoomKernel (for the Ram Management problem + recovery). Now I'd like to update to the 205 without having to find my own firmware ftf from the forums. Only way to do this is to restore stock kernel, relock the bootloader and then run the normal fota.

The DoomKernel was flashed using fastboot but I can only find the original kernel in ftf firmwares that can be flashed in flashmode (f. ex. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2706576). I tried to flash this kernel with flashtool but it failed. What is the correct procedure to restore stock kernel in flashmode using flashtool?

omicorn

May 14, 2014
If you download dipesh's latest ROMs they include a kernel.elf file within the zip. So flahs those and you should then have stock 205 kernel.

But I actually need the kernel for current firmware to be able to update to 205. Also I'd like to know for future if it's possible to successfully flash kernel only using flashtool.

Bruno_Puzoni

Jan 4, 2014
Ribeirão Pires, Brazil
Actually not, the kernel only in dipesh's rom is in .elf, not .ftf, so it's not recognized by flashtool.
Use fastboot with the command fastboot flash boot xxxxxxx.elf
Look at Williams kernel topic to see more details of how to flash it :silly:

omicorn

May 14, 2014
Actually not, the kernel only in dipesh's rom is in .elf, not .ftf, so it's not recognized by flashtool.
Use fastboot with the command fastboot flash boot xxxxxxx.elf
Look at Williams kernel topic to see more details of how to flash it :silly:

I know that elf binaries should be flashed using fastboot but I haven't found the stock 201 kernel in that format. I'll check out the william's thread. But still I'd like to know how to flash ftf kernel successfully. Just for the future :D