[Question] What ROMs are compatible with Philips S388?

Search This thread

monotykamary

Dec 3, 2010
I'm thinking of purchasing a Philips S388, but I realized that there aren't many custom ROMs for the phone. I was wondering if any ROMs are compatible with it. If not, will there ever be custom ROM support for the device?

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
No. There aren't any. Only way there will be is if you go and make one. Roms are made by people that have the device and after looking there is no kernel source for the device and without it there is not much that can be done.

GeekyDroid

Dec 25, 2012
Burgenland
I'm thinking of purchasing a Philips S388, but I realized that there aren't many custom ROMs for the phone. I was wondering if any ROMs are compatible with it. If not, will there ever be custom ROM support for the device?

AFAIK this device has a MT6582 SoC. And I know that porting between 2 same mediatek devices is very easy. So search on Google for such a device with same SoC and port its ROMs. Here is a simple guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2701283
If you have any question, comment below! :highfive:

RyuukenZenkou

May 14, 2016
Santiago
well, i just want to ask....
is there a stock rom for this phone with spanish language included?
because one of my friends had this phone stuck on bootloop and i had to flash a stock rom that only have english and he dont understand english.
so... if anyone can give me a hand finding this stock rom...

rogelioccp

May 27, 2016
well, i just want to ask....
is there a stock rom for this phone with spanish language included?
because one of my friends had this phone stuck on bootloop and i had to flash a stock rom that only have english and he dont understand english.
so... if anyone can give me a hand finding this stock rom...

You have the rom ? spanish