Search This thread

teh-maz0r

Mar 31, 2010
Huddersfield
Since flashing KERNEL-CM-10-20120801 | Audiopatch for 10-20120801 & Camerapatch for CM10-20120801 yesterday, the USB Audio driver appears to have vanished (was working after flashing just the 10-20120801-EXPERIMENTAL-i9300-CODEWORKX build)

I've flashed today's build with a full wipe, and its the same story, the X360 controller and USB HDD still work fine, but no USB Audio, My guess is that it was removed from the kernel?

chiragkrishna

Jul 16, 2010
bangalore
Is there a way to change the height of the slide unlock... its too low...

Apart from that its all awesome except few camera problems... :)

(sent through internet)

z3nith66

Apr 19, 2012
Bucharest
I have a quick question.
I've noticed that the ROM is smoother if I check Disable HW overlays in Developer options. However I have to recheck it after every reboot, it doesn't save the setting.
I know about the samsung hwcomposer problem, but this seems to solve it, at least for me.
Anyhow, are there any side effects to this? Like lower performance or higher battery consumption? Can I leave it disabled?

K Rich

Aug 2, 2011
SoCal
I have a quick question.
I've noticed that the ROM is smoother if I check Disable HW overlays in Developer options. However I have to recheck it after every reboot, it doesn't save the setting.
I know about the samsung hwcomposer problem, but this seems to solve it, at least for me.
Anyhow, are there any side effects to this? Like lower performance or higher battery consumption? Can I leave it disabled?

That's also how I fix Netflix video not playing (by checking it). Curious to side affects as well :)

Blomkungen

Mar 3, 2011
Does anyone know a way to get 64 gb microSDXC cards to work in CM10?

I've tried formatting it in ext3, ext4, exFAT(with siyah kernel) and fat32 but whenever the card is over 32 gb in size CM10 says it's damaged.
Is this because of older/generic microSD drivers being used?
Seeing as microsd v 2.0 has a limit of 32 gb and the issues displayed here is exactly the same as when you try to read an SDXC card with an 2.0 cardreader.

CandyAndy

Jul 29, 2009
Today's ROM is the first one when facing quite bad battery drain..before was excellent..

aaand...was first time didnt do full wipe before flashing as I was a bit lazy..this is what you get then..daaaaamn...

luizffgarcia

Aug 15, 2011
Ottawa
@DvTonder

I saw you mention something about missing calls notifications being left behind. For me Whatsapp notifications are also missing, maybe the same code block?

Just reporting

ca1v

Jul 20, 2012
Great work on CM10!

Using it as my daily driver.

Only issue I have had is random crashes on the internet browsers while searching on Google. Only once so far.

Just thought I'd weigh in.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app - running cm10 -

nitronce

Jun 19, 2012
triangle away

Hey,
I've looked quite a bit around but couldn't find an answer whether or not triangle away works with CM10 and paranoidandroid. Can anyone help me with this question?

Thanks in advance
nitronce

Hrc4u

Jul 13, 2010
some beer money to the fund sent!
keep up the great progress! :good:
0ST05258AE329074L

cheers!/H

ManCityFC

Oct 3, 2010
Does anyone know if the bug that exists in CM9 is also in CM10?

When you are in Bluetooth Audio in say a BMW then the sound is corrupted and then after disconnect no one can hear you at all?

Right now in CM9 this totally breaks the phone from being use in the car.

People are saying CM9 isnt being worked on due to CM10... so wont this be fixed?

Thanks

Works fine in my BMW with the Pro Media iDrive. Only thing that is not working is call lists don't update, but to be honest I haven't tried repairing since about 7 days ago, so even that might work now? Very solid and reliable though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "Samsung says they will provide Git server access starting in November 2012 at http://git.insignal.co.kr, and will have a dedicated site for the origenboard.org at www.origenboard.org"

Everyone calm down.
    This is not done yet.

Yes, Samsung will release Exynos source code. "Hurraay!!!" ??? No!

What they mean by releasing Exynos source code, is that they will release source code for hardware modules for Exynos development boards. We had this for months on insignal website (which is down since a few weeks/months, but used to be up), which contains outdated source code for Exynos boards. We had some bits of Ice Cream Sandwich code back in March or April iirc, that helped Galaxy S II hwcomposer, but that's it. Most of the things were stuck at Gingerbread version, and they don't contain any device-related code.

What does this mean ? For instance, Galaxy S III camera will stay closed, because it is NOT part of Exynos development boards. Galaxy S II audio is still Yamaha proprietary crap, and we will NOT get source code. RIL interface will also remain closed, so all exynos phones will keep on having broken/semi-functional GSM connection (broken Sim Toolkit, unstable data connection, unstable roaming). TV Out will still remain undocumented, and Android interface won't be opensourced (as it is part of TouchWiz on official ROMs). Same applies for FM Radio.

Moreover, Insignal code drops were delayed as hell. As of today, we still haven't got anything from official Samsung Jelly Bean, beside kernel source code because they legally have to. As I said, most of the things on Insignal were old, hwcomposer sources for example weren't working on Galaxy S III (exynos4412), and so on.

Now, I could be wrong and MAYBE they will make this A BIT better (faster code drops), but I'm NOT putting my hopes up on things like Sensors HAL source code, Audio source code, RIL interface documentation, or Camera HAL source code. IMO they just spoke like this to calm down community flood, and make everyone happy and make Samsung look like they're the new holy grail of developers. I'm not trusting this until I actually SEE those improvements.

So, users, be careful, and we'll see how it's going to get.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

KNOWN ISSUES / FAQS / WIKI
    http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Noob-proof edition through ODIN:
    - Download this : http://codeworkx.de/download/cyanogenmod/i9300/cm-10-20120920-ODIN-i9300.tar.md5
    - Reboot your phone in download mode
    - Put the previously downloaded file as PDA
    - Don't tick repartition
    - Make sure repartition isn't ticked
    - Flash it

Classic ZIP through Recovery method:
    - Make sure you run CWM or TWRP recovery. Follow instructions in the specific threads on XDA.
    - Make sure you run stock ICS rom. We won't care if you didn't and your Wi-Fi isn't working.
    - Download the zip
    - Download Gapps
    - Install the update zip from recovery
    - Install gapps
    - WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
    - Reboot

Screenshot_2012-07-17-22-34-04.png
    Screenshot_2012-07-17-22-34-12.png

CM10 nightly builds:
    i9300: http://www.get.cm/?device=i9300

Google Apps:
    http://goo.im/gapps

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#i9300/cm10/next

Discussion thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=28926017

Chat:
    http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support
    irc.freenode.net #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't mean Out-of-Respect!!!

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing in our freetime, goto www.teamhacksung.org webpage and hit the big Donate button. Thanks to all donators!
    Ok quick checkin from BABBQ. After this post I'm putting my BT keyboard away and getting drunk, and likely won't return to XDA until Monday or Tuesday evening.

The official announcement was kinda "meh". It's really what's going on behind the scenes that is mattering.

There are multiple devrel people at Samsung, many of whom weren't even aware of each others' existence. They now are, and I have quite a few new contacts. Now, requests from us are probably going to go through multiple chains. Whether this makes a difference, who knows - but it is a potential step forward.

They also had an engineer from LSI that I talked to personally. It was a bit difficult due to the language barrier, but I sort of got the impression that the problems with current Insignal source on our phones aren't phone-specific - some of this **** is broken even on the OrigenBoard itself. Same case for libcamera - it sounds like the current Insignal one is pretty low-quality/broken, and the "new" source may be improved. It won't be directly usable on our devices, but it may represent a significant step forward. e.g. instead of "it's totally and completely broken", it may be "sorta working and needs some tweaking for each camera module" - See, for example, use of the Nexus S libcamera on Aries-family devices - each one has needed device-specific work, but instead of being an insurmountable task, it may be feasible. However, please keep reading regarding maintainer exhaustion...

I also got the impression that future Insignal drops are going to be more aggressively managed by LSI. Again... none of this is official.

November is likely to be another ICS tarball, however, one that is actually working. The engineer I spoke to said that the actual JB differences are minimal. (As in, I know what they are, and in fact we have an implementation of the JB differences in Gerrit already. The problem is the underlying hwcomposer is apparently broken even for OrigenBoard+ICS with the current Insignal source. Functional ICS HWC shouldn't be too hard to JB-ify. (Look at the Nexus S HWC as an example of what needs to be done to go from ICS to JB.)

The new source drop might also allow us to finally fix HDMI.

The problem is - Thanks to the lack of documentation for the past few months, the team of CM maintainers for Exynos are exhausted and far behind on other non-Exynos-specific stuff. So this isn't going to be a magic bullet. It alone probably won't get us M builds.

However the other "behind the scenes" item is that a bunch of Samsung people were here, and they're probably going to be writing trip reports to management. This trip reports are going to likely include the massive amount of pwnsauce Sony dished out. Speaking of that - Espenfjo, xplodwild, and codeworkx, Y U NO FLY HERE? Chainfire, Jerpelea, and Supercurio were all here. U NO GET SMARTWATCH! :p

So Samsung Mobile might be more receptive to community requests in the future. Our contacts are likely to be in a MUCH better position to facilitate things than before.

So it's a step forward... But it's likely to be months before any of us consider a new Exynos device, and our current devices are likely to always be behind others because we're just too far behind as it is. But if Samsung keeps on improving, after a few months users might see definitive improvements.

With all of that said, I'm off to party and feast. You won't see any more from me until Monday evening at the absolute earliest.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2
    So.... This basically means the future of CM10 on this device is basically down the toilet?

no. xplodwild is still there.

It's not about samsung or sony.
    It's about the soc used. In our case exynos.

Samsung doesn't provide proper sources or documentation for their own platform.
    And if they do after it's much to late, it's outdated and incompatible.

Compare the qualcom or omap based samsung phones vs. the exynos ones.
    All qualcom and omap based samsung phones got jellybean and butter in zero time.
    We're still fighting with exynos and the i9100 guys have to wait another months if it will get jellybean at all.
    I assume samsung is skipping it and will only do a value pack. There's no single line of code or a leak yet.
    It's a shame.

I9100g (omap4, same hardware as i9100) got jellybean pretty instant. opensource hwcomposer, opensource audio, butter, working tvout
    I9100: (exynos4, same hardware as i9100g) buggy jellybean, closed source and incompatible audio, no butter, no tvout, bugs which will never be solved.

what do we learn from this?
    Don't buy exynos phones.

I don't know it either, that's why I was asking ... though I highly doubt that. Sony is not really known for embracing open source or any other open standards for that matter ...

boba

the xperia s is becoming a aosp device. sony is contributing a lot to aosp.
    sony is releaseing official beta firmwares. sony cares about the community developers.

the xperia t kernel sources are damn close to qualcom reference code.
    kernel sources are already out and the device isn't available in most countries yet.
    if it goes well, that could be the next aosp device which gets support after it hit the market.
    cm-10-20120726-EXPERIMENTAL-i9300-CODEWORKX.zip
    Download | (md5sum)