[Q] How do I flash a kernel (.img)?

Search This thread

tab0rda

Aug 23, 2013
I really tried do find a way to do this but I can't.
I have Carbon Rom 4.4.2 for p705 but I have a p700 and as Carbon's doesn't have OC they recommended to flash Cr3pt's kernel but the only I could find was a boot.img. In flashify it says that boot partition can't be found..
So can anyone send me or teach me how to flash a .img file or get me a easier to flash kernel if that's possible thanks...

SuperSkill

Jun 25, 2011
Kristiansand
You can't flash it like you usually do. Boot.img are a CWM backup so you need to go to backup/restore and choose advanced restore and the navigate to the boot.img and start the restore process :)

Hope that helps and make sure it's a file matching your device and your current rom.

Reactions: tab0rda

tab0rda

Aug 23, 2013
You can't flash it like you usually do. Boot.img are a CWM backup so you need to go to backup/restore and choose advanced restore and the navigate to the boot.img and start the restore process :)

Hope that helps and make sure it's a file matching your device and your current rom.

Thank you, very much :D I'll try that now

SuperSkill

Jun 25, 2011
Kristiansand
And I can flash the ROM without losing my data and settings?

No and yes, I'd you flash the rom first you'll be fine. The rom zip contains boot.img so if you first restore the boot.img it will be overwritten if you flash the rom second. Therfore you should replace the boot.img in the rom zip.

How it helps and clarify the situation :)

Reactions: tab0rda

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you, very much :D I'll try that now

One more thing, you can also use the file to overwrite the one in the rom zip file using 7zip or winrar :)
    And I can flash the ROM without losing my data and settings?

No and yes, I'd you flash the rom first you'll be fine. The rom zip contains boot.img so if you first restore the boot.img it will be overwritten if you flash the rom second. Therfore you should replace the boot.img in the rom zip.

How it helps and clarify the situation :)