WIFI Issues Poll -please post especially if you are not having issues

Search This thread

tmosda

Aug 23, 2008
Many of us are having Wifi issues I was hoping that we can compile a list of issues and compare the circumstances with the people who have their wifi working okay.

If we can get enough input from people who do not have any issues then we may be able to narrow down the problem to incompatible routers or the phone manufacture date.

I got me a case from T-Mobile hoping that it may help with the issue but it totally killed the wifi.

Please post the following info
- approximate date you bought the phone
- router you are using
- having issue or not (Death Grip?)

----EDIT----

Conclusion 1 : so far it looks like N routers are doing better. I'll compile the list and post here as soon as we have enough data.

Conclusion 2 : Phones built in May seem to be death grip free.

Last edited:

tmosda

Aug 23, 2008
Bought July 25, Made in China, Date on the battery cover 6/22
Linksys G,
Wifi sucks

Last edited:

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
Bought the phone yesterday, build date (inside battery cover) - 2011/05/25, Asus RT-N56U router. Absolutely no wifi issues here, what death-grip...... Even at the furthest point in the house away from the router and touching near the camera in landscape mode I only manage to drop one bar, otherwise full wifi signal.

tmosda

Aug 23, 2008
Folks, please keep the feedback coming.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

n7of9

Mar 19, 2011
Sydney
bought early July
stamped 16 May 2011

made in Taiwan
asia-india version #720

router - Netcomm NB9WMaxx

issues - none at all

mazinya

Jul 25, 2010
i have no death grip issue... how do i know when was my phone built? i bought it a week ago from the UK sim free unlocked

hompen

Dec 4, 2009
Sensation Build May 2011.
Router: Arcor DSL WLAN Modem (Zyxel P660HW-T7C)

First I had WLAN issues (WLAN was on, but didnt connect to my router) and problems with Titanium Backup (told me that the phone has no root), but Root Checker, ROM Manager, LED me know etc worked fine.

I deleted all files from /data/bin (because of temp root) and updated the su-2.3.6.3-ef-signed.zip once againe (written in the troubleshoot section from the s-off guide).
I got the same error in ClockWork:

(E:Error in /sdcard/su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip
(status 0)
Installation Aborted

but after this all works fine, WLAN and Titanium Backup

DANOFDANGER

Jul 27, 2011
June 15th manufacture date, taiwan.
Have had 3 phones two made by different companies at different dates, all possess the death grip issue as the framing of the antenna design is the same for all except for possible the 4g phones which i believe use a different back casing for its 4g technology. Tested with multiple routers (G only) all do the exact same thing although N (tested) does possess a less drop in performance, G router = 20db drop always maximum 10-15 with N router.

This issue was considered by HTC a phone limitation which it technically is, it does not in fact destroy the use of the Wifi network only limit its full potential but is not something that was a manufacture defect or problems..

Anyway if you get a powerfull enough wireless network/router the 20 decibel drop will not affect you or disconnect you as long as you have 50db quality reception through out your house.

Recommend N router

silentsnow31802

Nov 21, 2008
Napa, Ca
Bought one on release day but exchanged it twice so my box no longer matches my phone. I have had this one for about two weeks though.

I am using a WRT54G with DD-WRT installed.

I have had the WiFi death grip pretty bad with 4 different Sensations so far.