(ROM) Working ICS Port for Euro / ATT GS2 (11-18-2011)

Search This thread

infinitybiff

Jan 27, 2010
fromhindsight.com
Thanks to the developer - @xplodwold - for getting this working on the Euro GS2. It can be flashed safely on an ATT GS2 and works quite well. I've literally done nothing here, just informing you all that it works and providing download link since I don't see another post.

What's Broken?
-------------------
Everything , but it boots and you can get a good feel for the new OS we're patiently waiting for.

NOTE- this uses a euro gs2 kernel so your soft buttons won't work and you have to navigate recovery differently until you flash back to your daily ROM. Volume buttons control up and down and power button is used to select.

Enjoy

http://www.multiupload.com/RGMUE59K6Q

akira02rex

Nov 7, 2010
You can send texts and make calls. I wouldnt post this stuff guys. Its directly flashable and not even a port per se.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA App

Alucardis666

Jul 27, 2009
Miramar
Thanks to the developer - @xplodwold - for getting this working on the Euro GS2. It can be flashed safely on an ATT GS2 and works quite well. I've literally done nothing here, just informing you all that it works and providing download link since I don't see another post.

What's Broken?
-------------------
Everything , but it boots and you can get a good feel for the new OS we're patiently waiting for.

NOTE- this uses a euro gs2 kernel so your soft buttons won't work and you have to navigate recovery differently until you flash back to your daily ROM. Volume buttons control up and down and power button is used to select.

Enjoy

Thanks for sharing

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
It would require a different kernel to work properly. Normal Gingerbread kernels won't work.

A proper port will use the same kernel base as ICS, which is either Linux 3.0 or 3.1 - the port here is based on a Gingerbread 2.6.35.7 kernel full of massive hackery.

Basically, they're spinning like crazy to get out a partially functional proof of concept, and will effectively have to nuke and repave once ICS officially comes out for the I9100.

I've done the "backlevel kernel hackery" deal once (xdandroid - 2.6.29 kernels for Froyo...), and I'm not doing it again.

I'm not going to mess with ICS until there's a proper I9100 ICS kernel source drop.

jra89027

Oct 17, 2010
well i installed it, it was pretty cool, it ran smoothly outside of the fact that nothing with data or really anything worked, it was cool, i cant wait for a working version and the bottom buttons not working isnt a big deal cause you have the on screen keys

MotoMudder77

Feb 8, 2010
Kapowsin, WA
I'm not going to mess with ICS until there's a proper I9100 ICS kernel source drop.

ahhh your no fun, but it'll be worth the wait.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

I'm waiting until it's stable, and the needless OS home/back keys can be removed. My softkeys work just fine.

thats impossible, its on a i9100 kernal, with no softkey's, what kernal did you flash?

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
ahhh your no fun, but it'll be worth the wait.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

thats impossible, its on a i9100 kernal, with no softkey's, what kernal did you flash?

hes meaning that he doesnt like the fact of the os keys. he like using his sofkeys and finds the os keys pointless. at least thats what i got out of his statement.

Reactions: MotoMudder77

seh6183

Mar 23, 2011
Wow I tried this out and while its pretty interesting it killed 50% of my battery in 19 minutes.

Also, after restoring my nandroid will it restore my kernel as well? I dont want to be stuck with the ICS kernel.

amtrakcn

Mar 22, 2010
Madison
Wow I tried this out and while its pretty interesting it killed 50% of my battery in 19 minutes.

Also, after restoring my nandroid will it restore my kernel as well? I dont want to be stuck with the ICS kernel.

Nandroid backup will not restore ur kernel but you can flash one right after recover:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    what is Ice Cream Sandwich???

An ice cream sandwich is a frozen confection composed of a layer of ice cream, usually vanilla (but not necessarily), "sandwiched" between two biscuits/cookies or slices of cake, usually chocolate.

August 2nd is promoted in the United States as 'National Ice Cream Sandwich Day', although the origins of the designation are unclear and there appears to be no evidence to support any official 'national' designation.
    It would require a different kernel to work properly. Normal Gingerbread kernels won't work.

A proper port will use the same kernel base as ICS, which is either Linux 3.0 or 3.1 - the port here is based on a Gingerbread 2.6.35.7 kernel full of massive hackery.

Basically, they're spinning like crazy to get out a partially functional proof of concept, and will effectively have to nuke and repave once ICS officially comes out for the I9100.

I've done the "backlevel kernel hackery" deal once (xdandroid - 2.6.29 kernels for Froyo...), and I'm not doing it again.

What's Broken?
    -------------------

Enjoy

Just making sure it's safe and i wont end up with a brick?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

You won't.

I'm quicky making a version for our phone - adding/removing a few key ingredients. Later this evening I'll try to upload and let anyone else try it out.
    Guys, both leaks from Sam mobile have been done after our guys get them. Follow codeworkx for up to date info. Right now, without a leak with working RIL, and without kernal sources, we are shafted.

http://codeworkx.de/wordpress/