[Q] Revert htc rezound to stock

Search This thread

ljbaumer

Apr 3, 2010
California
Hey everyone,

I want to revert my HTC Rezound to stock. I am currently on gingerbread rooted but my root is not working at all in ADB or any other apps and I think I rooted incorrectly, is there some way I can run an SBF or something like that and just flip back to the stock non rooted rom and start all over?

If not, can someone link me to some instructions or post some instructions on how I can revert my htc rezound completely back to stock?

Thanks,
Ljbaumer

OLDsJUNKIE

May 30, 2010
Indiana
Hey everyone,

I want to revert my HTC Rezound to stock. I am currently on gingerbread rooted but my root is not working at all in ADB or any other apps and I think I rooted incorrectly, is there some way I can run an SBF or something like that and just flip back to the stock non rooted rom and start all over?

If not, can someone link me to some instructions or post some instructions on how I can revert my htc rezound completely back to stock?

Thanks,
Ljbaumer

Here is a link to the thread with the RUUs (Like SBF, but for HTC). Scrosler also has them on his site as well.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1338916
http://www.cleanroms.com/

Reactions: ljbaumer

OLDsJUNKIE

May 30, 2010
Indiana
Ok thanks a lot mate, do you think you could give me some basic instructions as to how to flash these and which one to download? the .zip, normal, or exe?

Thanks,
Ljbaumer

I usually use the exe. It will walk you through the steps on your PC. Or I believe you can flash the .zip from recovery with choose zip from SD option. You will have to have the bootloader locked to run them though.

ljbaumer

Apr 3, 2010
California
I usually use the exe. It will walk you through the steps on your PC. Or I believe you can flash the .zip from recovery with choose zip from SD option. You will have to have the bootloader locked to run them though.

Ok thanks again :)

So I am downloading the exe right now and it will finish in 2 hours or so, are you saying that if I am trying to run it I need to have to have a locked bootloader?

I know mine is unlocked right now, do I just lock it from the HTC website? If so what do I need to lock it again?

Reactions: dogredwing1

OLDsJUNKIE

May 30, 2010
Indiana

So I am downloading the exe right now and it will finish in 2 hours or so, are you saying that if I am trying to run it I need to have to have a locked bootloader?

I know mine is unlocked right now, do I just lock it from the HTC website? If so what do I need to lock it again?

You lock it in fastboot with "fastboot oem lock" command without the quotes. No need for HTCdev in this case

ljbaumer

Apr 3, 2010
California
Ok just re-locked the bootloader through fastboot in CMD, if I want to unlock it in the future can I just do fastboot unlock or whatever?

I am going to run the RUU .exe right now, I take it you just do that all from the bootloader?

Thanks,
Ljbaumer

Reactions: armstrongwannabe

Snuzzo

Account currently disabled
Dec 31, 2010
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
Ok just re-locked the bootloader through fastboot in CMD, if I want to unlock it in the future can I just do fastboot unlock or whatever?

I am going to run the RUU .exe right now, I take it you just do that all from the bootloader?

Thanks,
Ljbaumer

1. Yup, just hold onto the unlock_code.bin

2. Have it name PH98IMG.zip, make sure you are either s-off or on GB firmware. Have you flashed the ICS leaked firmware?

ljbaumer

Apr 3, 2010
California
I am in the middle of flashing the .exe RUU from my computer and I was just on GB Sense rooted (kinda it was funky) and I just wanted to go back to stock and then unlock, root, and install clean rom and whatever kernel I need with that.

I think I still have my unlock_code.bin from my first unlocking, I am not sure if I have PH98IMG.zip still though... if I don't have it where would I get it from?

I would like to install this rom, can I just go straight from stock HTC sense after the RUU and install it using the instructions on the ROM thread or do I have to unlock my bootloader again? If so can someone link me to some step by step instructions or just post them in the thread?

Thanks for all of the help,
Ljbaumer

Last edited:

Snuzzo

Account currently disabled
Dec 31, 2010
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
Installation of the rom is listed halfway down the first post. Since you are running the January RUU. you will need to flash the old firmware patch in the Cleanrom folder on you're SD card. You will need to be unlocked. Don't forget to re-flash Amon RA & delete any current PH98IMG's off your external sd card.

EDIT:

Oh also, your freshly RUU'd rom. Let it boot to a home screen at least because you will need to get access to your SD card.

Last edited:

uprooted

Oct 12, 2012
Need help loading MIUI on rezound!

Can someone tell me why I can't install MIUI from a zip file through recovery on a s-off rezound? I have already followed all steps using controlbear and root methods. The phone has cwm touch recovery, but gives me an error every time I try to install MIUI.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone,

Thanks,
    Ljbaumer

Here is a link to the thread with the RUUs (Like SBF, but for HTC). Scrosler also has them on his site as well.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1338916
    http://www.cleanroms.com/

Thanks,
    Ljbaumer