[MOD] NFC Screen Locked/Screen Off Versions Updated on 8th Oct

Search This thread

OptimalKiller

Jul 6, 2010
UK
Hi Folks

This is a mod NFC service that runs at boot. It allows you to scan NFC tags either with the screen totally off, or with the screen on but still at the lockscreen. By default nfc will not work unless the screen is on and unlocked. download one of the zips below, and flash it via recovery (tested with Omega Rom). To restore to stock, just pick the stock version.

Also build JUBMG3 and onwards has a further feature which allows NFC payments to work on deodex roms. credits to romracer, for the original mod to disable the signature checking

any feedback appreciated.

Remember to backup before flashing. for that just it case situation.

Enjoy Optimal

p.s. remember people that leaving the NFC on all the time can leave you phone open to security breaches. so please be careful when using this mod.

Updated to include XXUBMF4 build 20/06/2013 (Removed)
Updated to include XXUBMF8 build 24/06/2013 (Removed)
Updated to include JUBMG3 build 17/07/2013
Updated to include XUBMGA build 21/07/2013
Updated to include XUBMG1 build 25/07/2013
Updated to include CUAMF3 build 05/08/2013 for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4
Updated to include TMobile screenoff version for niccuany and other TMobile S4 Users 07/08/2013
Updated to include XUBMH1 build 30/08/2013
Updated to include XUBMG4 build 06/09/2013
Updated to include CM 10.2 build 08/09/2013
Updated to include PacMan 4.3 build 08/09/2013
Updated to include XUDMH8 build 13/09/2013
Updated to include pACmAn Rom build 4.3-eng.build.20131001
Updated to include XXUDMI1 build 08/10/2013

MI8 will follow shortly :laugh:

Attachments

• JUBMG3-ODEX+DEODEX-NFC-Lockscreen.zip
    657.1 KB · Views: 799
  • JUBMG3-ODEX+DEODEX-NFC-Screenoff.zip
    657.1 KB · Views: 315
  • XUBMGA-ODEX+DEODEX-NFC-Lockscreen.zip
    656.9 KB · Views: 338
  • XUBMGA-ODEX+DEODEX-NFC-Screenoff.zip
    656.8 KB · Views: 427
  • XUBMG1-ODEX+DEODEX-NFC-Screenoff.zip
    656.4 KB · Views: 108
  • CUAMF3-ODEX+DEODEX-NFC-Lockscreen.zip
    655.9 KB · Views: 198
  • CUAMF3-ODEX+DEODEX-NFC-Screenoff.zip
    656 KB · Views: 194
  • TMobile-ODEX+DEODEX-NFC-Screenoff.zip
    652.7 KB · Views: 181
  • XUBMH1-ODEX+DEODEX-NFC-Lockscreen.zip
    656.7 KB · Views: 152
  • XUBMH1-ODEX+DEODEX-NFC-Screenoff.zip
    656.7 KB · Views: 183
  • XUBMG4-ODEX+DEODEX-NFC-Lockscreen.zip
    656.9 KB · Views: 53
  • XUBMG4-ODEX+DEODEX-NFC-Screenoff.zip
    656.8 KB · Views: 53
  • CM102-ODEX+DEODEX-NFC-Lockscreen.zip
    362.6 KB · Views: 127
  • CM102-ODEX+DEODEX-NFC-Screenoff.zip
    363.1 KB · Views: 137
  • PACMAN-ODEX+DEODEX-NFC-Lockscreen.zip
    361.2 KB · Views: 66
  • XUDMH8-ODEX+DEODEX-NFC-Lockscreen.zip
    656.9 KB · Views: 82
  • XUDMH8-ODEX+DEODEX-NFC-Screenoff.zip
    656.9 KB · Views: 98
  • PACMAN-ODEX+DEODEX-NFC-Screenoff.zip
    361.3 KB · Views: 43
  • XXUDMI1-ODEX+DEODEX-NFC-LockScreen.zip
    656.9 KB · Views: 197
  • XXUDMI1-ODEX+DEODEX-NFC-Screenoff.zip
    656.9 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:

kantjer

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2010
www.androidfilehost.com
Hi Folks

Just got my S4 i9505 today I'm so happy, anyway I thought I would create a NFC Lockscreen mod for the S4. What this does is allows you to use nfc when the screen is on and in a locked status. As by default the phone has to be unlocked.

Thanks for this, I was looking for something like this.
If I understand correct this the Lockscreen mod still needs to have the "locked" screen on in order for NFC to work.
If so is there a change you can also make the "screen off" (NFC working with locked screen off) mod for the XXUAME2 version :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: ::indie::

CQ7

Mar 18, 2007
It would be great to have it for i9500 too.
I was using this mod on i9300 and found it very usefull :good:

detritu5

Jun 9, 2009
+1 Can you make NFC works with screen off? I had this feature in my s3 and it was very good reason to use NFC stickers

OptimalKiller

Jul 6, 2010
UK
thanks kantjer feedback is always good, i thought my phone was running hotter with this mod, but it could be my hot palms. lol

Reactions: kantjer

kantjer

Dec 11, 2010
www.androidfilehost.com
thanks kantjer feedback is always good, i thought my phone was running hotter with this mod, but it could be my hot palms. lol

I have been running the "screen off" mod now for about 2 hours and it's working great, I can now read the NFC tag with my my locked screen off :good:
Haven't noticed anything with regards to my phone getting any warmer than before, also battery usage doesn't seem to have increased.

Thanks for adding this mod, I can now start using NFC lite I want to be.

EDIT: using this mod in combination with "NFC ReTAG" and Tasker.

Last edited:
Reactions: OptimalKiller

kantjer

Dec 11, 2010
www.androidfilehost.com
I have been running the "screen off" mod now for about 2 hours and it's working great, I can now read the NFC tag with my my locked screen off :good:
Haven't noticed anything with regards to my phone getting any warmer than before, also battery usage doesn't seem to have increased.

Thanks for adding this mod, I can now start using NFC lite I want to be.

EDIT: using this mod in combination with "NFC ReTAG" and Tasker.

EDIT 2: after a while day of running this mod I can safely say it's running great. No negative side effects like higer battery drain.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reactions: OptimalKiller

OptimalKiller

Jul 6, 2010
UK
Thanks for the great feedback. I have also been running the screenoff mod aswell. I can confirm the phone does not run hot. Must have been my hot hands. And so far 22 hours and still working great. Much more reliable than the sgs3 mod. Could have been my phone.

This is now going to be my default. As I always wanted this mod to work when the screen was off.

Happy days

Optimal

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

flash3d

Aug 2, 2010
Wow,

Was waiting for this! Going to flash this (screen off version) and report back.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda premium

turt

Mar 30, 2006
Hi,

Do we need a custom recovery to flash this? I have a stock ME2 rom, rooted with CF-auto-root, I have flashed the lockscreen mod from the stock recovery but I've received a message "signature verification failed" and NFC doesn't work with lock screen... Still works when unlocked though.

kantjer

Dec 11, 2010
www.androidfilehost.com
Hi,

Do we need a custom recovery to flash this? I have a stock ME2 rom, rooted with CF-auto-root, I have flashed the lockscreen mod from the stock recovery but I've received a message "signature verification failed" and NFC doesn't work with lock screen... Still works when unlocked though.

You need a custom recovery to flash zips, you can try to extract the NfcNci.apk from the zip and copy it to \system\app set the correct permissions and reboot.
If you're routed it should work.

OptimalKiller

Jul 6, 2010
UK
Glad its all working well. When samsung release a new updated rom, I will create an updated nfc mod and I will post on this thread.

As I said before the screenoff version has been solid for 4 days and very little battery drain. Which has shocked me.

Optimal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Folks

This is a mod NFC service that runs at boot. It allows you to scan NFC tags either with the screen totally off, or with the screen on but still at the lockscreen. By default nfc will not work unless the screen is on and unlocked. download one of the zips below, and flash it via recovery (tested with Omega Rom). To restore to stock, just pick the stock version.

Also build JUBMG3 and onwards has a further feature which allows NFC payments to work on deodex roms. credits to romracer, for the original mod to disable the signature checking

any feedback appreciated.

Remember to backup before flashing. for that just it case situation.

Enjoy Optimal

p.s. remember people that leaving the NFC on all the time can leave you phone open to security breaches. so please be careful when using this mod.

Updated to include XXUBMF4 build 20/06/2013 (Removed)
    Updated to include XXUBMF8 build 24/06/2013 (Removed)
    Updated to include JUBMG3 build 17/07/2013
    Updated to include XUBMGA build 21/07/2013
    Updated to include XUBMG1 build 25/07/2013
    Updated to include CUAMF3 build 05/08/2013 for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4
    Updated to include TMobile screenoff version for niccuany and other TMobile S4 Users 07/08/2013
    Updated to include XUBMH1 build 30/08/2013
    Updated to include XUBMG4 build 06/09/2013
    Updated to include CM 10.2 build 08/09/2013
    Updated to include PacMan 4.3 build 08/09/2013
    Updated to include XUDMH8 build 13/09/2013
    Updated to include pACmAn Rom build 4.3-eng.build.20131001
    Updated to include XXUDMI1 build 08/10/2013

MI8 will follow shortly :laugh:
    Ok will take a look this week. I always found the screen of version did not work after a while. Thats why I never used it. But if there is a need I will try to port it accross.

Optimal

No need to apologise, you're doing a great job here for us.

Now where's my modded nfc! :p

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Will work on it this weekend but my machine is not 100% healthy but I have just done my first update for Omega Rom build :D

Hello to all,

my wife have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and she want to use NFC. She hast a Custom Rom on the phone. It is the CyanogenMod 10.2.
    I have a S4 and for a week I get the Info I should take "CM102-ODEX+DEODEX-NFC-Screenoff"

Can I take this Version for the S3 too?

Thank you for your help....

This mod will not work on the S3 as this is based upon Android 4.2.2 and the S3 is still on 4.1.2 I used to do the mods on S3. If I get time and my Laptop does not die again I will try and give it ago, but I have a backlog of updates to do :crying:

Updated OP to include BMH1 build. I hope my lappy holds out.

Optimal
    Update.

Going to be releasing a new version of nfc mod which will hopefully will resolve the nfc payment issue.

It's being tested. Hopefully might be able to release it tonight on this thtead as a beta release.

Optimal

Sent from my GT-I9505
    The app that crashes with the NFC payment error message is com.samsung.android.walletmanager with a SecurityException: Client module is tampered.

This happens when it tries to start receiver com.samsung.android.walletmanager.receiver.NfcStateChangedReceiver.

Will test if flashing to the stock NFC helps.

I have been checking the coding, I think I have found the problem, but on how to resolve it I am playing around still, Looks like dear old samsung has introduced lots of security features on the wallet and NFC modules.

A couple of things I have noticed that is different compared to SGS 3.

They have started to use signatures and to see if the rom has been tampered with, so the signature checks to see if the nfc has been modded, but not also that, it also checks to see if the files have been deodex or odex. It looks for particular odex files, if they are missing or the signature does not match it will classify the nfc and wallet as tampered, therefore I think it blocks the wallet from working. I think its more to do with payment transactions.

Since we don't have it in the UK it has not been an issue, As I only use nfc to do other stuff not payment transactions.

I will try to play with the coding to remove the check, but my skills are limited in terms of smali, but I will give it a shot.

Optimal